WALE >>> DRAKE LYRICALLY??

I still can't see why everyone thinks Wale's flow is lacking? I musn't be picking up on it because i love that guys flow.
you cant be serious. if this dudes flow is not lacking then i dont know what to say
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jomitm

this is not even a question if you listen to both...

don't let what you "enjoy" better be the judge of this.

drake no doubt got some songs that you can chill with and what not and listen on any day. it's certainly enjoyable music that you can just let ride.

but from both their current discographies mixtape wise, wale tops drake, bar none.

he has a a lot more substance and a lot more to say. just even The Mixtape About Nothing has more to offer that what all 3 mixtapes drake has combined...

drake makes catchy punchlines and rhymes, but wale got down making the songs...

and to whomever said production, Boi-1nda is incredible, but don't underestimate The Best Kept Secret. they're great at what they do.

I couldn't have said it better.

^
laugh.gif
lol i see where you're coming from, i'm not saying his flow is great or anything, just that I personally like it. But trust me i know i'malone on that one. lol

I feel that Drake says a lot more in his songs than Wale does
laugh.gif
pardon me i had to laugh at that. its quotes like thesethat make drake fans less than credible. first of all, drake has very little depth.. in fact, i compare him to a glorified lil wayne (with less charisma, moreABAB verse configuration, and no drug problems).. just because you UNDERSTAND more of what drake is saying doesnt mean drake is SAYING more than the averagepunchline rapper. wale is on another level with the wordplay/double/triple entendres when compared to these other upstart MC's (top10freshmen, drake, etc)i know, i know ppl are gonna come at me with the "you're just d-riding blah blah", but seriously my dude have you LISTENED to Artistic Integrity? have you UNDERSTOOD wale's mixtapes? like that @+@+ has so many layers i seriously find myself thinking about a new line of a certain song on the 20-30thlisten. okay, i concede that dude does string his words together on ocassion and sometimes it seems like son is just intentionally spitting saliva into themicrophone daffy-duck style for fun, but to say he is not lyrically better than 99% of the up-and-coming acts out there is stupid, straight up.

dont get me started with the flow... ive heard some ppl say they love Wale's flow and some absolutely despise it.. to each his own i guess. This topic isabout lyricism. Peace.

Just listened to A Mixtape About Nothing once more because of this thread.

The Hype + The End Credits = my joints
pimp.gif

-The Juice

Wale is definitely better lyrically than drake. On another note, this N' J.Cole is killin them wit the flow
eek.gif

two different mc's imo
but then again i don't give drake too many spins

I would take wale though

I think drake or kid cudi would be a better comparison because be on that trying to sing @%$+ and whatnot
i would take cudi on that as well

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

^
laugh.gif
lol i see where you're coming from, i'm not saying his flow is great or anything, just that I personally like it. But trust me i know i'm alone on that one. lol
i feel you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theUisinthebuildin

I feel that Drake says a lot more in his songs than Wale does
laugh.gif
pardon me i had to laugh at that. its quotes like these that make drake fans less than credible. first of all, drake has very little depth.. in fact, i compare him to a glorified lil wayne (with less charisma, more ABAB verse configuration, and no drug problems).. just because you UNDERSTAND more of what drake is saying doesnt mean drake is SAYING more than the average punchline rapper. wale is on another level with the wordplay/double/triple entendres when compared to these other upstart MC's (top10freshmen, drake, etc) i know, i know ppl are gonna come at me with the "you're just d-riding blah blah", but seriously my dude have you LISTENED to Artistic Integrity? have you UNDERSTOOD wale's mixtapes? like that @+@+ has so many layers i seriously find myself thinking about a new line of a certain song on the 20-30th listen. okay, i concede that dude does string his words together on ocassion and sometimes it seems like son is just intentionally spitting saliva into the microphone daffy-duck style for fun, but to say he is not lyrically better than 99% of the up-and-coming acts out there is stupid, straight up.

dont get me started with the flow... ive heard some ppl say they love Wale's flow and some absolutely despise it.. to each his own i guess. This topic is about lyricism. Peace.

You say that like I'm only a Drake D-Rider. I've been up on Wale since the beginning and Bought that %%*%**# 10 Deep shirt just to get ahard copy of The Mixtape About Nothing.

I definitely agree Wale has more wordplay and more levels in his lyrics. When I said I feel Drake says more is that I find myself saying, "Damn, that issome real %$!%" a lot more listening to him than I do listening to Wale. A lot of songs it seems like Wale is spitting metaphors just to spit metaphors,and none of them matter in terms of what he is actually saying (This is not about all of his songs, don't take this as a generalization).

So I'll say as a master of Lyrical Ability, Wale>Drake
Whos lyrics would I rather listen to? Drake>Wale

wale is a rappers rapper

and drake is a fans rapper

meaning with wale you have to think a little more, he's rapping how other rappers want to rap- you have to research or know alot about sports

drake is in your face lyrics, that everyone thinks about, he's rapping so fans can understand

Man...We should have a post about who is THE BETTER RAPPER...all these "lyrical" conversations be getting on my nerves....

Drake isn't even a punchine rapper... just having punchlines doesn't make you that type of rapper
smh.gif
Being a braggadocio =/= punchline rapper.

Anyone who says Drake is even slightly similar to Wayne doesn't know what they're talking about. Anyone who says Drake spits about nothing OBVIOUSLYis not familiar with his discography. What the hell was all of Room For Improvement and half of Comeback Season?
indifferent.gif

This is one of the reasons why I hate when hot artists finally blow.... you get these fools who listen to one tape and think they know what they'retalking about
smh.gif

I think Wale has better lyrical content and is definitlely more creative when it comes to concepts and wordplay.

However Drakes flow dominates IMO he is also a little more entertaing and easier to listen to.

Honestly I love them both so im gonna have to say Wale = Drake.

wale

drake got the hype though, cant front on dudes good music. but when it comes down to it, wale is pound for pound the better rapper

How many of you have listend to ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT or COMEBACK SEASON ?

I consider Comeback Season a classic mixtape.

I just do.

Its that well rounded and dude goes in those songs. Harder than anything on SFG. SFG was just his most-pop friendly effort.

Don't hate because a lot of yall heard one mixtape.

Wale got flow and I went to his show in ATL at the same venue Drake performed at and i'll tell you that Wale didn't fill that place anywhere NEAR howdrake had people hanging on to whatever real estate they could find on the floor.

Lyrically, ya'll may say Wale because he jams his lyrics into as many bars as possible but ya'll can't just compare lyrics to presence like that.Wale isn't as diverse as you all say he is. Dude is actually as lyrically similar to Drake than you all care to realize. He may have a faster flow and youfeel like hes not saying the same thing but the gist is the same.

I pretty much have Drake higher on my list but Wale isn't too far behind on this whole new school artist tip.

EDIT:

and like dude above said....

this dude J.Cole....

a problem.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Wale got flow and I went to his show in ATL at the same venue Drake performed at and i'll tell you that Wale didn't fill that place anywhere NEAR how drake had people hanging on to whatever real estate they could find on the floor.

Was that really neccessary?
roll.gif

How many of you have listend to ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT or COMEBACK SEASON ?
I have, as well as So Far Gone and Heartbreak Drake. How many Drake fans have listened to Paint a Picture, Hate is the New Love, Voice of theCity, Mixtape About Nothing, AND 100 Miles and Running?
I consider Comeback Season a classic mixtape.
I don't.
Wale got flow and I went to his show in ATL at the same venue Drake performed at and i'll tell you that Wale didn't fill that place anywhere NEAR how drake had people hanging on to whatever real estate they could find on the floor.
Drake has a MAJOR Lil Wayne cosign, the same person who happens to be the hottest rapper out as of today. Also Drake draws much of his fanbasefrom his singing. Nevertheless, both of these facts are irrelevant to the topic and having fans has nothing to do with lyricism either. Can Nas packstadiums?
He may have a faster flow and you feel like hes not saying the same thing but the gist is the same.
This is just a generalization.

Like I've said before, I mess with Drake as much as the next dude on NT, but NT has a bad way of making me find faults in certain artists just because somany dudes put them on a pedestal. (eg. hov, ye, etc, etc)

Yall confusing being lyrical with the content. Lyrically there both average slightly above maybe. Wale may be more insightful but it isn't like he'scoming though with some crazy double entendres, or crazy metaphors or anything. Wale is definitely the more creative of the to I wouldn't say lyrically butcontent wise. Wale also comes with the better concepts. Overall Wale is just a deeper individual and more creative. But that doesn't really have to do muchwith lyricism. When Drake is actually rapping he may not be talking about anything deep but he is definitely not far behind Wale lyrically he actually hasslightly better word play then Wale to. So yeah lyrically they about even but just about everything else Drake is more polished. If Wale does actually polishup his delivery and flow then he is gonna be such a problem. Definitely will make an impact cause he has something worth listening but as of right now alot ofpeople don't wanna listen because it just don't sound all that good. It's crazy how !+$# did a complete 180 though. When the mixtape about nothingcame out I remember everyone was talking about Wale, and Drake was the underdog that basically no one outside of NT was tryna mess with.

hella handsome wrote:
wale

drake got the hype though, cant front on dudes good music. but when it comes down to it, wale is pound for pound the better rapper
How is Wale pound for pond the better rapper? Drake has a better flow, better delivery, more complete sounding records. Even if Wale was morelyrical(which he isn't) it aint like he on some Pun !@++ where he's that much of a lyrical genius that it's all he needs to be great. All Wale hasover Drake is creativity and that don't mean much if you can't deliver musically.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

roll.gif
yeah...cause if we're talking about better rappers, rap success isn't defined by how many syallables you fit in a bar...its how you reachthe tier of popularity and how many people ride with you...

Think about Jay-Z...dude isn't the best person to make rap music...some of his rhymes are down right elementary...but hes the greatest because he makesgood music and his stuff is above average combined with his whole image and style (not writing lyrics etc...) . Its a package man...

Drake is just the better artist. Don't forget that people are people man. If youre underrated, its for a reason. Lets not think EVERYONE is musicallyretarded... There was a point in time where no one liked Drake either...

roll.gif

Think about Jay-Z...dude isn't the best person to make rap music...some of his rhymes are down right elementary..
Care to point some of those out?

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

roll.gif

Think about Jay-Z...dude isn't the best person to make rap music...some of his rhymes are down right elementary..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Hov fanboys still out in full effect.

Hov can't have ANY mediocre raps on here, he can't lose ANY battles, can do NO wrong
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Hov fanboys still out in full effect.

Hov can't have ANY mediocre raps on here, he can't lose ANY battles, can do NO wrong
roll.gif

Way to generalize...dudes can't have a real convo out here without getting the "fanboy" label put on him. I just asked a simplequestion. I never said that he didn't have any mediocre raps...I just asked him what he thought was "elementary". If you can't answer thequestion why bother?

Back
Top Bottom