Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with t

Care to explain?
1.He shot the passenger who was not driving

2. He was said to have been in between the car door and the passenger side (he opened up the car door from what I read, so he ran up to the car to try and stop them from driving off). To get ran over he would have to have been in front, or behind the car.
How is that debunked?

1) One can argue that he was aiming for the driver but perhaps with the car travel at a high speed, he was unable to hit the driver and struck the passenger instead.

2) The door was opened and the driver threw the car in reverse. She attempted to intentionally hit the officer with the door(assault with a deadly weapon).

Last edited:
absolutely deplorable. ive read the entire article and every page in this thread, disgusting how some of yall think. cosigning with what homie said. if it was one of YOUR relatives a whole different tune would be sung.

Trust me, none of my relatives would be shopping at Walmart.

Last edited:
Target
smokin.gif

absolutely deplorable. ive read the entire article and every page in this thread, disgusting how some of yall think. cosigning with what homie said. if it was one of YOUR relatives a whole different tune would be sung.

if this was one of my relatives i would think they were a dead thief. and a bad one at that...

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's what I'm saying. People should understand that property, no matter what it is, has meant enough to people to kill over it for as long as mankind has existed.
Yeah, this translates to some very sick and tragic circumstances. But this is what happens. Don't steal other people's property.
Not when it comes to wealthiest country in the world where material things are so abundant that millions of things go to waste every year.
One thing that I don't understand is how little people value life when it comes to talking about other human beings,they will talk about material things that can always be replaced as if it's almost equal to living,they will paint up all types of scenario's of when it's ok to take someone's life and why but some where between the lines I think people forget that when someone loses their life,theres no coming back from that;And that if a situation ever plays out where someone's life is taken,let that be the last option that comes to mind,not the first,espacially when it comes to material possessions.

Obviously, because **** got personal.

But if I was in the shoes of the decedent, my moms would probably be like, "Why the **** was he trying to shoplift in the first place?" I put myself at risk.

I don't have hoodbooger relatives that would smack a cop and run and the ones i do, i dont respect.

If they shoplift and get caught then they admit they got caught and that's that.

Trying to run him over? In reverse? With him standing in the door? Wouldn't even be able to get enough speed to do any damage if that was really her intent (she was trying to escape). Yall make it sound like he was standing out in open space and she was speeding towards him.

This/

Plus I saw this before NT got ahold and i was thinking

1. What's a walmart security guard doing with a gun

2, I bet the majority of dudes would still smash.

Not when it comes to wealthiest country in the world where material things are so abundant that millions of things go to waste every year.
One thing that I don't understand is how little people value life when it comes to talking about other human beings,they will talk about material things that can always be replaced as if it's almost equal to living,they will paint up all types of scenario's of when it's ok to take someone's life and why but some where between the lines I think people forget that when someone loses their life,theres no coming back from that;And that if a situation ever plays out where someone's life is taken,let that be the last option that comes to mind,not the first,espacially when it comes to material possessions.

Honestly, I don't disagree with you. But now you're bringing in social injustices and other commentary that, unfortunately, doesn't factor into heat of the moment situations.

Guard had a duty to protect property [whether or not he should have had a gun is an issue that I am not addressing]. He didn't look at the larger scope of things and will probably regret shooting girl, but still, in the heat of the moment, if he truly felt his life was in danger, then I would argue his acts were justified.

Yeah, this started over merchandise, but once it got physical, all bets should be off.

BUT, if it is found that he used excessive force, then I think that he should be punished for it. I don't know all of the facts, so I'm honestly just hypothesizing and speculating.

It seriously just depends on the letter of the law and whether or not dude's actions violated anything.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the police to release this video. That's the only way we will know the truth. All we are hearing is his side of the story.

- So she & two friends got together to steal things from Wal Mart, a store she agreed to not enter again due to a previous shoplifting conviction. Two children were either with them or left in the car.

- They get caught by an off-duty police officer who is hired by Wal Mart for additional security...and still operates as a police officer, not typical retail security.

- He identifies himself, tells them to stop, one hits him with his purse and they run to the car.

- He tries to stop them again, opens the door and orders the driver to stop the car and she takes off with him right there.

- He fires a shot into the car and hits the front passenger in the neck, they keep driving to an apartment complex and she dies.

If you steal, that's one thing...happens all of the time. If you get caught and try to run, that's another. If it's a police officer that catches you, you don't obey his orders and you then potentially put him in danger, you're taking a big risk. Whether you're the driver of the car or one of the other shoplifters/accomplices, aren't you responsible for anything that happens?

The only issue to me is video or credible witnesses that can show or say the cop wasn't near the car or in any danger. If that's the case, he was trigger happy and is culpable. If he was in any danger, it was those females own actions and failure to comply that escalated the situation and resulted in the need to shoot. If it's justifiable, is it "better" if he'd shot the shooter? It's all speculation but it seems like he likely tried but the car was moving.

It's most definitely unfortunate and people don't deserve to die over shoplifting...but this wasn't just shoplifting. A different outcome would've been ideal but unless you truly know what went down and protocol, it's kinda tough to say what should've happened, other than the females stopping when they got caught.

- So she & two friends got together to steal things from Wal Mart, a store she agreed to not enter again due to a previous shoplifting conviction. Two children were either with them or left in the car.
- They get caught by an off-duty police officer who is hired by Wal Mart for additional security...and still operates as a police officer, not typical retail security.
- He identifies himself, tells them to stop, one hits him with his purse and they run to the car.
- He tries to stop them again, opens the door and orders the driver to stop the car and she takes off with him right there.
- He fires a shot into the car and hits the front passenger in the neck, they keep driving to an apartment complex and she dies.
If you steal, that's one thing...happens all of the time. If you get caught and try to run, that's another. If it's a police officer that catches you, you don't obey his orders and you then potentially put him in danger, you're taking a big risk. Whether you're the driver of the car or one of the other shoplifters/accomplices, aren't you responsible for anything that happens?
The only issue to me is video or credible witnesses that can show or say the cop wasn't near the car or in any danger. If that's the case, he was trigger happy and is culpable. If he was in any danger, it was those females own actions and failure to comply that escalated the situation and resulted in the need to shoot. If it's justifiable, is it "better" if he'd shot the shooter? It's all speculation but it seems like he likely tried but the car was moving.
It's most definitely unfortunate and people don't deserve to die over shoplifting...but this wasn't just shoplifting. A different outcome would've been ideal but unless you truly know what went down and protocol, it's kinda tough to say what should've happened, other than the females stopping when they got caught.

Amen

I currently work at a walmart and they get people arrested on the regular by reviewing tapes and taking tag numbers. also, not defending either side but the off-duty officer should've had a taser instead of a firearm. either way, this situation could've completely been avoided.

I currently work at a walmart and they get people arrested on the regular by reviewing tapes and taking tag numbers. also, not defending either side but the off-duty officer should've had a taser instead of a firearm. either way, this situation could've completely been avoided.

youre right. if they werent stealing it would have all been avoided.

Another thing that I don't know if it's the said deliberately or if it's something that is just being said nowadays by alot of people,"If I feel threatened...".What I find funny is it's hardly ever followed by "I'm calling the cops"anymore,Now,it's "I'm going to defend myself",along with all of that other bravado.If you feel threatened call the cops,you pay taxes,don't wait until you get pulled-over,ticketed by a cop and to remind them that your taxes payes their salaries.lol

Im done,I just found it funny......

youre right. if they werent stealing it would have all been avoided.

Yea, that's true and mostly what I meant by my comment. I don't condone or respect any sort of theft, but, at the same time retail level security (off duty cop or not) shouldn't be carrying firearms.

Another thing that I don't know if it's the said deliberately or if it's something that is just being said nowadays by alot of people,"If I feel threatened...".What I find funny is it's hardly ever followed by "I'm calling the cops"anymore,Now,it's "I'm going to defend myself",along with all of that other bravado.If you feel threatened call the cops,you pay taxes,don't wait until you get pulled-over,ticketed by a cop and to remind them that your taxes payes their salaries.lol

Im done,I just found it funny......

People die waiting for the cops.

Last edited:
this happened at another Walmart the Houston area this week also.

this guy walks in puts a tv in his basket and strolls out, unscathed

Video

if the surveillance video shows that the cops story was not how it happened, and the cop gets put on trial, then the family would have a civil case
:lol: Not if its true she was BANNED from Wal Mart for stealing before

Damn man why this type of **** always gotta happen in Houston
mean.gif

Sad thing is this type of **** happens every day in the H without getting publicity
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom