------ WaMu or Bof A? ------

I guess this is one of those "Convince me to ____" threads.

I've been with WaMu since 1999, and I like the fact they have little to no fees.

However, I hate looking for WaMu atm's. It seems like BofA atm's are more abundant. At least in LA, even when I go to SF. I also like Bof A's"Keep the Change" program.

Oh yeah, after Chase took over, WaMu's customer service went into the dumps.

I don't care about checks, since I rarely use them anymore.

The only thing that has always scared me off about BofA is their fee's. That is always the complaint I hear from people that I know that are Bof A accountholders.

Just want a simple Checking and Savings account.

I also have an ING Direct Savings account, and plan on keeping it
happy.gif

With Chase's acquisition of WAMU, their ATM's has more than doubled.
It should be easier to find one now.

Im sticking with wamu. Ive had BoA. And they suck cow testicles. Service is bad. I hate going to their banks. Lines long as hell. Wanu is koo. I know what youmean about ATM's. Around my area, theres a bunch of wamus.. You stay by usc right? There has to be a couple of wamus on fig.

what fees??

I have BofA and never had any problem with fees.

Lines do get long but I don't usually go into the bank.

There are plenty of BofA ATMs around.

You can get one of these

MARKETING_DETAIL-CONCEPT-ECOMM090AAFW0040080011701EN000.gif

laugh.gif

I'm sure Chase is big in the East Coast, but not so much in the West Coast. In terms of atm's.

All the Chase/WaMu atm's that I find are WaMu atm's. It is a good thing that every CVS has a WaMu atm.

Chase/Wamu has 14,000 atm's
BofA has 17,000 +.
ohwell.gif

If you got money, you can play the banks against each other. My pops he just hits them with the "unless you want me to take all my money to that bankright over there across the street, you better raise my interest rate" and within 10 seconds its a done deal. Its expensive to be poor and cheap to berich, my friend.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

what fees??

I have BofA and never had any problem with fees.

Lines do get long but I don't usually go into the bank.

There are plenty of BofA ATMs around.

You can get one of these

MARKETING_DETAIL-CONCEPT-ECOMM090AAFW0040080011701EN000.gif

laugh.gif

That SC card alone will convince you Iron man, for sure
nerd.gif

I opened up a free Dodgers checking with B of A, just in case I would need to make the switch from Wamu in the near future.

chase/wamu is on every corner of nyc so im covered...i have both though and im about to close my BoA there cus service be on some BS

If you are a student you get the BofA free student account for 5 years. After that they do start charging a monthly fee unless you get direct deposit. You alsoget a free checkings and savings account if you have your mortgage with them otherwise they do also charge for the savings account per month if it is below10,000 or something. They have overdraft protection, but they also charge for that as well. You can also transfer money from your account to any other BofAcustomer online which is super super convenient if you need to get money to a loved one quick. It does have way more ATM locations especially on the west coastthough.

Their overdraft fees are pretty ridiculous and you don't get the guaranteed 1 freebie a year like you do at WAMU. WAMU has free checking, free savings ifyou do a monthly transfer (it can be as low as $5), free checks, 1 overdraft freebie a year. They give you more free stuff.

Im sticking with wamu. Ive had BoA. And they suck cow testicles. Service is bad. I hate going to their banks. Lines long as hell. Wanu is koo. I know what you mean about ATM's. Around my area, theres a bunch of wamus.. You stay by usc right? There has to be a couple of wamus on fig.

I actually live close to USC's Health Science Campus in Alhambra. Finding them in my area is no biggie, because I know where they are. However,when I'm out and about and need to pull cash, finding a WaMu atm is a chore. The other day, I had to pull out of a Bof A atm,
grin.gif
, cause we happened to run into 4 of those, and not 1 wamu joint,
smh.gif

Service is bad. I hate going to their banks. Lines long as hell.
I haven't been inside a WaMu branch in 2 years. Direct deposit ftw. I heard BofA's service is bad. WaMu's used to be good, but theyare getting sloppy.

i think im gonna be done with wamu.. and just go through a credit union
I use my credit union for my loans,
smokin.gif

CARDART-111x74-ECOMM090DMLB0050080013948EN000.jpg

They are both going to be the same bank pretty soon.. The bank of the united states of america.

Off topic sort of, but if I have a Chase account already, that means I can use WaMu banks now?

^ yes snake...wamu and chase emerged...you now have access to all of wamu's atm's and vice versa for wamu owners.

Wells fargo. They're taking over the world. They took over bank of orange county (they were small anyway) and now wachovia. I hear people complain aboutbofa hidden fees ALL the time!!

Back
Top Bottom