Want to appear in Jordan Brand magazine? Here's your chance

Here is someone that responded to my story. He emailed me this:
:rolleyes
eyes.gif

Quote:
hey,
im sick of hearing what you have to say about fakes!! i HATE THEM TO,but get this thru yer head,not everyone who buys jordans feels the way we do, do you understand that,to people its just a shoe to ball in or shoe to rock, there not like us,they dont care about the meaning or anything,will you understand this? fakes arent as bad as you say,i got one b4 cuz i liked the color sooo much,its not that bad, but anyway when will all of niketalk understand that everyone is not like us,most people do not care they are fake,they just liket he color,all you guys use the excuse "they think there authentic" when they buy them,you dont k now that,people arent that stupid,they know not that many colors are realeased,all im saying is understand not everyone cares the way we do about J's and cuz i bought a fake pair of j's doesnt mean i dont care about j's,i love jordan shoes,i do not care they are fake,

and fake j's are the same as fake rolex,fake gold,etc
[/url]​

^^^

That guy is out of control and very stressed out...

MICHAEL JORDAN: 1984-2003​
I Listened...I Was Aware Of My Success...But I Never Stopped...Trying To Get Better.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: MY STORY BY MICHAEL JORDAN: THE G.O.A.T.​

Preach on slickrick. Other than the Loyal fans of the Air Jordan people know but don't care. Like slickrick says people just want the colors to match their clothes. I has nothing to do with being fake or not. What Nike/Jordan brand should do is put all of the colors that they have in all of those variant websites in EastBay magazine. Just like the DA DA, Iversons and Flights.

That's just my view on things

I find it very amusing to make people who wear fakes look dumb in front of people and just using my jordan knowledge and in san antonio that is all you see is people wearing fakes and looking for something to match it with. Regardless to match or not and the number one thing I always hear is I got them from urbancity in ingram park mall in San Anto, or platnium kicks or nice kicks. i rather pay retail price for some real kicks at my great job of footaction than go on teh net to these fake websites and pay 2 bills for some cheap and about to get clowned on jordan's. tell me If im wrong, but I feel good about wearing legit and real Jordan's
Trutomypeeps

[email protected]

I have seen many fakes being worn by entertainers. Rapper Fabolous wears fakes every where he goes. In addition to putting out bad music Fab contributes to the prices of Jordans goin up. Please stop the FAKES!!!
I rep the Ghost Town Mall Footlocker

hey slick rick...i think the same guy replied to my story too...

Quote:
yer a nerd

leave people alone who buy fakes,i dont like fakes,but who cares,

and they dont fall apart,i dont like fakes,but i have bought this color in jordan 18 cuz the real colors are nasty,and my shoe is perfect,i ball in it everyday,so dont say they fall apart unless you have one, think of this,,to most people who buy Jordans,its just a shoe,they dont care what we think about it,they dont care of the meanin of jordans,see **** tthru there eyes and not yers,im sick of hearing you guys saying **** on fakes,WHO cares,and how do you know the people walk proudly if they own a pair,

hmmm.. to most people who buy jordans obviously think they are more than just a shoe if they are throwin down 100+ on some shoes.....people who buy jordans know what they are worth and what they mean and thats why they buy them...

iight yo, i was at drivin school one day and i was rockin my 8z...and this grown *** man came up to me, he was in my class, and was like yo my pair is hotter. and i was like umm ok.i realy didnt care cause i wore mine a few times.. i was like oh is your pair still crispy.. he said no.. so i had to ask the question.. were did you get them.. and he said PK. yall know that place! i had to laugh him out and he got pissed like some @#%$!!! and i was like iight yo what else did you get from them.. and he told me Low AF1 GG !! and i laughed him out again!!! he told me that they were real like some @#%$.. and his "Man" in NY looked at them and said they true GG.. so i went off on him, tellin him that he is soo stupid! and crap.. after i made way too much fun of him he told me that they were made in the UK!! yo thangs was about to get messy! he was like, yo nike would not accept them casue they have a stiching problem! and all this other stuff... Then we got back into our class and we started arguing again.. and this girl was like why are you guys arguing over shoes.. so i carryed the mess out her too.. that grown man was gettin upset with me but i didnt care.. i kept on tellin him that they're fake.. but he swore to god his man was like yo that real GG!! but the GG print was allll messed up!!! Ahhahahahahah
thats a long story..sorry but its 100%true! and if yall wornding yes i didnt all most try to kill him but one my boys stoped me.

yeah, my friend offered me to buy his j's off of him right. it was the 12's,it was spankin' new tell i saw the bottom of the shoe it was a fake. i was like Oh WTF ,why would i buy a fake shoe for.well i end up buying the shoe from him. i played 25 bucksk .A good price for some fakes.I play ball with them and they were soo uncomfortable, they had now air, no NOTHING, the colors were pealing off and the number 23 on the back fell off as i played (LOL).i wear them twice and probably never wear them again.I wear them to school once and everyone was laughing at me.i was soo imbaressed .But some people didnt tell if they were real tell they saw the color and the number pealing off (at lease i broke there neck right?) :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

Seattke Washington
[email protected]
AIM:aznboi2cold4u:

Fakes/Factory Variants what do they Symbolize? They Symbolize Cheap Seconds/Knockoffs,and are Worthless in Value.

These shoes are Replicas/Garbage compared to the auctual Authentic Nikes and Jordans. They simply try to minipulate you into buying these hot new sneakers which are replicas of the great designer companies suchas Nike and Jordan Brand.

These shoes have no Durability and have no Support what so ever. they are simply CHEAP!
Fakes/Factory variants are sold all over the net and sad to say even some in Mom and Pop stores. My Friend Joey Apadacca bought a pair of jordan VIII all white on a website called Stunnakicks for $140 . And he waited 3 weeks and didn't recieve them!
Till this day he still haven't recieved them and it's been two months now. This is currently being investagated.

Mostly all the websites on the net that sell Factory Variant/Fakes are Frauds and Liars.
Some try to Persway you to buy this new Jordan/Nike colorway they show you on their website.
And some kids do because they want to impress there friends and/or get attention at school or on the streets.Sad to say but,My Brother Richard goes to school and mostly every other day he see's a diffrent kid wearing a pair of Fakes/Factory variants,shoes ranging from jordan 1 though 18 and some Air Force 1's.
And even some kids at my brothers school walk around during lunch time trying to sell pairs of Fake sneakers. My Brother said they carry them in their Backpacks and/or use Dufflebags. Most young Teenagers are minipulated into
buying these sneakers because they have no Clue They Are Staright Out knockoffs!

So NIKE/JORDAN BRAND THAT IS GOOD THAT IN THE NEXT JORDAN BRAND MAGAZINE ISSUE YOU WILL PRESENT THIS BIG TOPIC THAT NEEDS TO BE REVIELD. THIS WHOLE SITUATION NEEDS
TO BE HEARD ALL OVER SO THE INNACENT YOUNG SNEAKER LOVERS CAN STOP BEEING MINIPLULATED INTO BUYING THESE CHEAP KNOCKOFFS. AND ALSO PRESENTING THIS TOPIC WILL CREATE A DOWN SIZE IN THIS PHONY DINASTY !
THAT THE FAKES/FACTORY VARIANT SHOE MAKERS ARE TRYING TO CREATE!

Email Address-
[email protected] or [email protected]

ALL THAT IS STATED ABOVE IS FROM FRIENDS, FAMILY,AND/OR MY PERSONAL EXPIERANCE!
THANK YOU! FOR LISTENING!

I cant stand factory variants! Otherwise known as fakes, knockoffs, cheap, any negative word you can think of. When I see a person wearing fake kicks in original color ways like space jams, concords or white and red XVII's I feel bad for them, mostly because they don't have a clue that they spent mad money on shoes with cardboard air pockets. I will usually let them know, just for their sake. But, on the other side of the story, there are the fake kicks with crazy colors and Gucci fabric glued on crooked. I have no remorse for these people. In fact, I lose all respect for them, especially when they know that they are fake, or just dont care. But on top of everything, when I see people on the street, in the mall, or at school wearing their fake "Jordans" with a Jordan jersey I can't help but think who could ever do such a terrible thing? It's not fair to the true collectors, or heads, as they have come to be known. The value of Jordans are dropping and every other auction on eBay is for a pair of variants. These kicks are contradicting MJ himself...Jordan is the most real person on the planet. Far from fake, he has done amazing things that can not be duplicated and can barley be imitated. Nike, we have to have something done about variants, not only for collectors, but for MJ too. -Kyle Pennini
[email protected]
Life is nothin without a pair of Jordans on your feet - KP13

When Nike raises the pay of the children, men and women from $1.00 a week to atleast $3.50 a week, then, and only then, I will post my story.

And trust me, it's a damn good story.

Here's a little story, I'd like to tell...

Beautiful day. Well, everyday is beautiful when you're headed out for new shoes. I hit up the outlet first. One of the employees was rockin' (and I mean ROCKIN) '96 black/red XI lows (broke my neck) and then I was off to NikeTown Portland. After mobbin' for a place to park, I get out and as I'm putting change in the meter I see them.

In all of my time collecting, I had never seen a pair of factory varients (fakes) in person before. Online I can detect a fake a mile away (or thousands of miles, as the case may be). If the rediculous colorways don't throw it away, the poor materials, weak construction and obvious flaws are guarnteed signs of a fake shoe. Luckily, they don't even make fakes in my size, 14.

So, as I'm putting the change in the meter I see them. They're "XI's", but with white uppers, blue patent leather and red soles. I first think to myself, "jeeze, who would wear fakes, how ugly!" I then notice he is also headed into NikeTown. I chuckly as I pass him going in. Once inside, employees are basically pointing and laughing at the guy. A couple of misinformed individuals asked him where he got his "exclusives", you could tell he just loved the attention. I make my purchase, he makes his. We're walking out and I laugh once again and he gets defensive. Asking if I have a problem and such. I laugh again and say, "you're tryin' to impress with fake kicks, that's all"... yeah, that didn't help. He got really steamed once I told him they were fakes. "No no, they're USA exclusives." I ask where he got them and he, of course, tells me the internet site of a known fake hustler. I tell him again that they're fakes, and then, and this hurts to think about, he STEPS ON MY SHOES AND WALKS AWAY. I was in shock. Too much in awe. Plus, I was laughing way too hard to do anything over a pair of Tailwind B's. :lol:
laugh.gif

[email protected]
[color=Dark Gray]Have I pissed you off today? Mail me.[/color] [color=Dark Gray]AIM = MixMasterNick[/color]​

[email protected]

in the past 1.5 years, i previously owned a pair of jordan i, v, vi, vii, ix, xi, xii, xiii, xiv, xvi, xviii. today, i only have 2.5 pairs. (blk/red i's, blk/red xi's, blk/red nu' i)
why did i return and sell all of my jordan's on ebay? because i lost the love of hunting j's due to having to spend so much time trying to see if a pair of j's on ebay was legit. it was sickening. before i collected nike and jordan brand, i knew absolutely nothing about fake shoes. niketalk honestly educated me with its strict enforcement of a "no tolerance" policy for fake shoe promotion. i finally understood why for two reasons.
1.) a friend of mine purchased a pair of fake xi (concord version) off of ebay for $110. he actually asked for my advice before buyin them and i told them they were fake. he didnt care. when the shoes arrived, he called me and was very upset because he tried to put rain repellent on the "patent" leather portion of the shoe and it got real smudged. i laughed. he then ran it under some water and it cleared it up. he was happy again. he wore them on campus and to his surprise, he got mad love from others for his fake kicks (they think its real) and he is happy the soles dont turn yellow either. but to this day, i ask him "you wouldnt pay more than $10 for a fake rolex, why in the hell would you pay $110 for some fake j's?" he shrugs his shoulders and smiles. i lost alot of respect for him because he owns a handful of authentic jordans while he rocks the fake ones with pride.
2.) ebay...you gotta love ebay and hate it. when i got rid of 99% of my jordans, i did so before christmas of 2002 so i could avoid having to ship shoes at the post office during the mad rush. in january i felt the worse seller's remorse because i did have a pretty nice collection for a rookie and i made about $30-65 profit off of each pair...i stayed away from ebay for what seemed like months. in february i decided i wanted to start collectin j's again because i was getting hyped that the iii's were coming out soon and the xviii's were on its way. i saw a pair of ix's on ebay with a buy-it-now option of $75...i thought to myself, too good to be true. so i looked at other auctions and i saw the market for the ix's was below $100, so i figured, why not, this guy has good feedback. 107 positive 71 unique users 1 negative. he has repeat buyers and they bought the same shoe i was looking at. when i got them in the mail, they were faker than pamela lee's boobs. and they SMELLED SO BAD with the fake box and fake product code. my brothers would not stop clowning me and they dont even know much about shoes except they knew i bought fakes. so it took almost 3 months to get a refund and i waited until the last day to give the guy feedback. i realized all the positive feedback were from people who knew little about fake shoes.

and that folks is why i dont collect jordans anymore. sad to say but j's dont feel as special to me anymore when people can wear fakes with pride and sell them with deceit. i passed on the iii's and have a small hint of regret in doing so, but i havent lost any sleep over it. i kept my money and got a pair of AM 90 pythons instead.

I'm not going to post a story about an experience I've had with fake Air Jordans, because honestly, I've had more than I care to think about at this point.

What I DO want to do, though, is to make a suggestion to Jordan Brand-

In the upcoming JB magazine, I think you should do more than just a small, hardly noticeable article about fake shoes. I think you should basically take a whole page, maybe even two pages, and just realllllly make a point of how terrible fake shoes are, and how bad a problem this is becoming. (I honestly don't know if you are planning on doing something to this extent already, but I just thought it would be a nice suggestion). You should provide pictures of fake shoes, and how to spot them when compared to the real shoes( and you should also show some of the ridiculous color schemes that are obviously 100% fake).

This would be a great opportunity for JB to get the word out about fake shoes, because I really and truly hate them with a passion- thanks...

Being a "shoe-head" you become pretty knowlegable on spotting what's legit and what's not. It's like having a 6th sense....you just know. That's what seperates us from the regular breed of shoe nuts.

Anyways, my story is simple. I work at a pretty big Sporting Goods store here on the west coast. One day as I'm waiting for one of my employees to arrive I notice him coming up the escalator. His appearance seems normal like any other day except when he comes up to where I can see his shoes. Now being a shoe freak, that's one of the first things I notice about people is their shoes. I was so shocked to see what kind of damage he had on his feet I almost sent him home to change.

Let me attempt to explain the crime that I saw. Of course they were fake XI's, and with that said they weren't even good fakes (as if there were such a thing, right?). Black upper, white patent leather, yellowed midsole, and a red outsole. If you can imagine that, let me answer your question...YES, they looked THAT bad.

After chuckling and making a few jokes about his kicks, I finally had to ask where he got them from. His response was that he got them as a gift from his girlfriend. Obviously, not everyone knows about kicks and what's real and what's not so you can't really blame these people. However these are the people I feel most sorry for because they got took and didn't even know it.

As for my employee I felt kinda bad for him, because he knew they were fakes, but at the same time he couldn't tell his girlfriend that. It's like he was forced to wear them. Similiar to that God Awful sweater your Aunt gets you for X-mas. You know it's horrible but to make her feel good you suck it up and wear it anyways.

I basically told him to try not wear them at work anymore because that's the last thing that I want people asking me for. "Where you get THOSE shoes that HE has on??"

Well, if this is good enough to make the cut, let me know at:

[email protected]

you can also peep my collection hea \/
The collection showcased:www.retroshoes.com/gallery/ijapino

This is too short, and too real to be used for the magazine, but anyways...I was coming home from work today and on a corner by my house at this Chinese food restaurant that my parents frequent, I saw this pile of what looked like Nike boxes, with some all white shoes and some others on top of the boxes. I immediately thought to myself, "ooh, ooh! Maybe I can get some cheap Air Force 1s." Actually that wasn't my first thought, or second, or third or even fourth, all I could think of is, "Why is this guy peddling fake shoes on a Sunday at a Chinese food restaurant?" How lame. The worst thing is that he wasn't even standing by his valuable merchandise, he was camped out in an old white Astro van.

This isn't good enough for the mag, but I thought funny nonetheless, atleast better than Khlav's & ijapino's :smile:
smile.gif

[email protected]
[h1]***KMD in 2003***[/h1]​
Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. Vote RyanKMD in 2003. This post was brought to you buy the committee to elect RyanKMD a moderator. All financial contributions can be sent to [email protected]. Don't let the dream die, KMD a mod by July.

^^^

I have seen those shoes too. They were refered to in SLAM KICKS once, they are called AIRS...

So funny, and mine is better than yours KMD...

MICHAEL JORDAN: 1984-2003​
I Listened...I Was Aware Of My Success...But I Never Stopped...Trying To Get Better.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: MY STORY BY MICHAEL JORDAN: THE G.O.A.T.​

My first pair of Jordans were the 10's, but I only got started collecting J's with the 13's. Then when the 14's came out I discovered that if you had connections you could get J's early. So I started paying up to $600 a pair to cop them before anyone else.
Unfortunately, I got a little carried away and once saw this strange looking pair of 14's on Ebay. I thought that if I could get those I would have a pair that no one else would ever get. So, I won the $650 auction and got the shoes. I was so excited as I opened the box and when I finally saw the shoes I knew I had been jipped.
I tried to rationalize my way out of it, not imagining that it was possible for ME to be dupped. The stitching was comming loose in several places so I thought back to Home Economics class and put my stitching skills to the test.
No one at school realized they were fakes, even thought the Jumpmen on the toes were backwards and crooked. I got alot of ohhh's and ahhh's. But when I tried to ball in them, they fell apart, literally. Everyone laughed at me, especially when I told them how much I paid for them (stupid).
You would have thought I had learned my lesson, but this happened to me again when I tried to by the black/red 14's early. Again off of Ebay.
Now I only get my shoes from legitament sources and people I trust.

Seth Robins
[email protected]

This one guy I know who I go to school with thought that he could buy some Jordans off a website that sells variant shoes. He ordered the XIs and he thought that he was getting the black and red version. When the shoes arrived though to his surprise....but not mine.....they turned out to be black and orange and very flimsy and very fake. I tell everyone who asks about those variant websites not to get Jordans off those websites because they are all FAKE. But he didn't listen and he ended up buying some of the fakest Jordans ever.

Funny story because variants fool those who don't know much about Jordans.

[email protected]

[email protected]

I have been wearing Air Jordan's since I was 7 years old and it all started with the Air Jordan XI-White/Columbia Blue-Black. About two years ago, when I was 12 years old I first saw a pair of fakes on eBay. The White/Navy "XI" Mids. I thought they were so nice, and was considering ordering them at the time since I didn't know they were fakes (Thank goodness I didn't!). Well, about 8 months later, I stumbled on Nike Talk by mistake. I quickly learned that the shoes were fake and noticed the horrible quality of the shoes after pointed out to me. I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed the bad quality of the shoes before. I would never, EVER buy a pair of fakes because of horrible quality, chance of getting pieces of cardboard for insoles and for a fact that people are stealing money for JB. I'm 14 years old and can't stand fakes or people wearing fakes and thinking they're "exclusives" and that they have something special made by JB that nobody else has. It's so hard to convince people that there is fake shoes that are not actually made by Jordan Brand, now all I'll have to do is show them this article.

Thanks JB!

Colin Tibbs
I'm the king of the blacktop hoopin' half-court shots I come correct your stats are wack compared to points that I drop, I play to win and I'm playin' for keeps, I'm keepin' my game tight and fofillin' my hoop dreams. 95-4
04/16/03 - The Game Will Never Be The Same
Blazers21NTNP : The Gallery

In regards to those AIR shoes, they have to be one of the worst things I've ever seen. About a month or two ago, they "infected" my area, and I knew what they were the first time I saw them on the road (thanks to SLAM/KICKS). It's sad though, because everybody knows how obsessed (I guess that's a good word) I am with shoes, so they're like "hey, you know that they're selling nikes out by ________? Everything's $20" "They're fakes" "People can make fake shoes?" It's pathetic. Their symbol is AIR wrapped in a circle (like AND1) and an upside-down Swoosh. They even have the same color boxes. So now all these middle-schoolers are wearing look-a-like AF1's (only they call them "The Nelly's") that say "AIR" in big block letters all over the shoe. Now I know some kids don't have enough money to buy expensive shoes, but I'd take a pair of K-MART's (which are even less expensive) before those. And also, "nicekicks.com" is annoying as hell. Everytime I'm in the computer lab or media center at my highschool, somebody will say "hey, you know a lot about shoes, aren't these tight?" and It's ALWAYS either a pair of Gucci AF1's or like Black XI's with silver patent leather, and they're always from "nicekicks.com." I tell them "they're fake, don't even bother with that trash" but they're like "no way, I saw _______ with a pair of these on, you don't know what you're talking about." It just gets annoying

I'd actually submit a story, but I haven't ever bought a pair or fakes on accident or anything in my 4 years of kicks obsession. Because I usually just get stuff on release day, or else I don't get it at all (because if I don't get it on release day, that means I don't like it enough). Except for those shoes that don't come to my store, or that I have a "change of heart" about 5 or 6 months after they're been taken out of stores. Then I have to use Ebay

Just My 2 Cents

Back
Top Bottom