War Dogs (Pics)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

It's knd of crazy that they are putting them in danger and they have no choice.. No animal rights activists question this?

Dog fighting is bad, but send a dog in first with a camera strapped to his back where he may be ambushed, and it's okay?

Then you got dogs that died during the aftermath of 9/11 due to what they breathed in during the cleanup and S&R.
Well said. This is cool and everything, but I'm curious as to how many of these dogs have died in the line of duty.

It's knd of crazy that they are putting them in danger and they have no choice.. No animal rights activists question this?

Dog fighting is bad, but send a dog in first with a camera strapped to his back where he may be ambushed, and it's okay?

Then you got dogs that died during the aftermath of 9/11 due to what they breathed in during the cleanup and S&R.
Well said. This is cool and everything, but I'm curious as to how many of these dogs have died in the line of duty.

I had a cat growing up and it was @$%$#@ terrible
mad.gif

Dogs though
pimp.gif
 Got myself a yellow lab and a golden retriever.. my best friends
wink.gif

I had a cat growing up and it was @$%$#@ terrible
mad.gif

Dogs though
pimp.gif
 Got myself a yellow lab and a golden retriever.. my best friends
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

That anti-tank dogs article is horrible.  Basically used as bait.  Although service dogs are specifically trained for these type of duties, it does seem very inhumane pitting them in the heat of human conflict/war.  S&R is a more suitable job for dogs. 

Dogs are the best.

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

That anti-tank dogs article is horrible.  Basically used as bait.  Although service dogs are specifically trained for these type of duties, it does seem very inhumane pitting them in the heat of human conflict/war.  S&R is a more suitable job for dogs. 

Dogs are the best.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Are these the ones with the titanium tipped teeth?

They only put in titanium teeth if the dog lost some teeth. They don't do it with the purpose of them having a deadlier bite.

I highly recommend going to the link op provided. Lots of great stories (some with sad endings).

My fav has to be about the dude that got shot by sniper fire and his dog jumped on top of him to protect him. He tried to bite anybody (including his fellow marines) that tried to get near him. The soldier died, and the family pushed to adopt the dog. When they finally brought him home the first room he went to was his handler's room and laid on his bed. The loyalty of a dog is incredible.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Are these the ones with the titanium tipped teeth?

They only put in titanium teeth if the dog lost some teeth. They don't do it with the purpose of them having a deadlier bite.

I highly recommend going to the link op provided. Lots of great stories (some with sad endings).

My fav has to be about the dude that got shot by sniper fire and his dog jumped on top of him to protect him. He tried to bite anybody (including his fellow marines) that tried to get near him. The soldier died, and the family pushed to adopt the dog. When they finally brought him home the first room he went to was his handler's room and laid on his bed. The loyalty of a dog is incredible.

Comparing dogs and cats is a stupid debate. Each species has their own traits that make them unique.

The coolest cat is cool for different reasons than the coolest dog. It is what it is. My parents cat will chase you around the house if you act like you're running away from him. My dog does the same %%#*.

Comparing dogs and cats is a stupid debate. Each species has their own traits that make them unique.

The coolest cat is cool for different reasons than the coolest dog. It is what it is. My parents cat will chase you around the house if you act like you're running away from him. My dog does the same %%#*.

Back
Top Bottom