Was I wrong?(Election related)

My texted my ex this morning to ask if she voted. she told me she wasn't going to and when I asked why she told me I was getting on her nerves, which to memeans she didn't have a good reason not to. I went off on her. For a person who complains about the economy and how much she pays for college where do youget off not voting? Also coming from another country(shes from Trinidad), all the US ask that you do is participate in the government of the country that youwanted to be a part of. You enjoy all the freedoms that we enjoy so why can't you go vote? I understand you have the right not to but it you take it tothat extreme what would happen if we all chose not to vote? Is anyone else upset that there are people who aren't voting and don't have a valid reasonnot to?

No...if they don't wanna vote, its they business...just as you have the right 2 vote, you have just as much right not 2.

Originally Posted by MrPrince757

YNS

I smashed already fam, but for the people with intellgent reponses, Im sure none of us think Obama or McCain are the absolute BEST candidates for president.But if no one voted we wouldn't get anywhere. You can even go to the polls and write-in your candidate of choice. As long as your exercising your rightwhich alot of people gave their life for.

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

My texted my ex this morning to ask if she voted. she told me she wasn't going to and when I asked why she told me I was getting on her nerves, which to me means she didn't have a good reason not to. I went off on her. For a person who complains about the economy and how much she pays for college where do you get off not voting? Also coming from another country(shes from Trinidad), all the US ask that you do is participate in the government of the country that you wanted to be a part of. You enjoy all the freedoms that we enjoy so why can't you go vote? I understand you have the right not to but it you take it to that extreme what would happen if we all chose not to vote? Is anyone else upset that there are people who aren't voting and don't have a valid reason not to?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I stopped reading right there[/color]
smile.gif

You can even go to the polls and write-in your candidate of choice. As long as your exercising your right which alot of people gave their life for.
Yes you can and that would be the only option for me. But alot of people dont know they can do that an since it really doesnt matter because thosecandidates will probably never get enough funding to compete its kind of a waste of an hour. But I see your point and its very valid. If you dont like Rep orDem write in your vote and just participate nothing wrong with that.

nah she is corny, you were right. F her. Oh and the point of voting if there is nobody you WANT to vote for is to get the better of the two candidates. Lesserof two evils even, but not voting is ridiculous. I have little respect for anyone who sits back and does nothing.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

My texted my ex this morning to ask if she voted. she told me she wasn't going to and when I asked why she told me I was getting on her nerves, which to me means she didn't have a good reason not to. I went off on her. For a person who complains about the economy and how much she pays for college where do you get off not voting? Also coming from another country(shes from Trinidad), all the US ask that you do is participate in the government of the country that you wanted to be a part of. You enjoy all the freedoms that we enjoy so why can't you go vote? I understand you have the right not to but it you take it to that extreme what would happen if we all chose not to vote? Is anyone else upset that there are people who aren't voting and don't have a valid reason not to?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I stopped reading right there[/color]
smile.gif

word

So if I like neither candidate, you expect me 2 waste an hour of my life in a line 2 write in a vote, which is a totally pointless and symbolic excercise sincethe Electoral College makes it functionally impossible 4 a 3rd party candidate 2 win anything worth mentioning? Really? %@*@ outta here...there are 7 betterthings I can name right now 2 do with that time...

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I stopped reading right there
smile.gif

word

Because of a typo? You be reachin fam.

laugh.gif
You have a point but I lolz @ you goin off on her. I'm sure there was a more subtle approach.
laugh.gif

Who died for our right to vote ? I understand there were black folks who lost their lives in order for us to be equal, maybe that's what you meant.

I stopped reading right there
smile.gif

laugh.gif
you right tho. I'm mad I even asked her.

Originally Posted by potus2028

No...if they don't wanna vote, its they business...just as you have the right 2 vote, you have just as much right not 2.

BINGO! soo if she didnt want, she didnt want to.

Originally Posted by JD Turk

Who died for our right to vote ? I understand there were black folks who lost their lives in order for us to be equal, maybe that's what you meant.

Thats what I meant. When the south followed the Black Codes, They often killed blacks that wanted to vote in order to scare others from joining them.Someone can double check that for historically accuracy.

I agree with u op

I hate when people +@%!# and moan about the Country but do nothing at all to help change it .

And Potus , ok ur not enamored with the two candidates . And ur not gonna waste ur time voting for ur candidate becuz u know he/she won't win . its like ,u jus lookin for excuses to not vote and feel justified about it . It makes no sense to me at all though . Hopefully by 2028 the system is changed and u have ashot at the whitehouse
laugh.gif

My mom told me she wasn't voting.

So I told her, if you don't exercise your right to vote, you can't exercise your right to complain or comment with what's going with this country.

She stonefaced me and I laughed.

People at my job been giving me the stoneface cuz I told them I'm not voting... its funny cuz these are the same people who dont watch NO type of news orarent into politics any other time in their lives except election season... People act like voting is really gonna change the way our govt is ran.... its beenbought out a LONG time ago... If that were the case there would be more than 2 partys to vote for cuz I know this country is alot more diversified than that

Back
Top Bottom