was Jerry Seinfeld a system quarterback in Larry David's offense?

Curb has a completely different atmosphere to it.

And I agree. Curb > Seinfeld.  

both shows are all about dialogue and awkwardness or how larry would handle a situation

pacing is the main difference

point im making is people are acting like larry is more creative than jerry when he really just made the same show with dif characters on a better network

this is why the reunion type episode worked so well because its the SAME format

people are so fanboyish they can't even take my comments for what im really saying

I don't compare the two.

One was on NBC in the 90s and one is on HBO in the 2000s. Curb has so much more freedom in it's comedy that it's in a separate league from Seinfeld and other network shows, it's unfair to compare.

I don't compare the two.

One was on NBC in the 90s and one is on HBO in the 2000s. Curb has so much more freedom in it's comedy that it's in a separate league from Seinfeld and other network shows, it's unfair to compare.

I fully agree. That is like trying to compare a TV show about the mafia on NBC, with Goodfellas or Godfather. The TV show is going to be super tame compared to the movie, you really can't compare the two.

I don't compare the two.

I fully agree. That is like trying to compare a TV show about the mafia on NBC, with Goodfellas or Godfather. The TV show is going to be super tame compared to the movie, you really can't compare the two.

pretty much, Larry can get into alot grosser and more over the top awkwrd moments, where as george only gets into tamer situations. Imagine George in some of Lrry's weirdest moments

Jerry gets over 20 mil a year in syndication. He doesn't NEED to do a thing but buy porches and bang hot chicks.

I wouldn't do a damn thing either.

Jerry gets over 20 mil a year in syndication. He doesn't NEED to do a thing but buy porches and bang hot chicks.
I wouldn't do a damn thing either.

All the info I found says he makes more than that.
I've found info saying he makes between 60-100 mill a year.

All the info I found says he makes more than that.
I've found info saying he makes between 60-100 mill a year.

Probably. I didn't really research it. I just remember reading something about 20 million. Could have been just one check or something though.

To be the GREATEST team of ALL TIME.. you need the greatest coach and the greatest player, as well as the greatest supporting cast.

GOAT Coach = LD
Goat Player = JS
Goat Support cast = GC, CK, EB

That is how it became the greatest of all time..

I am a huge fan of Seinfeld, been watching since '96 and have seen every ep. If you guys saw the behind the scenes footage you would see that a lot of the story ideas are based off real life situations. Yes George is Larry {his behaivor and the situations he puts himself in}. For example when George left a horrible message on a womans answering machine and broke into her house to get it back, and when George yelled at his boss and quit. That was Larry, ofcourse some things were embellished, but that is the jist. You can see that in CYB also, Larry just has these pet peeves, and can make a whole episode about it. The writers put some personal situations in it too.

The entire ensemble was dynamic and the show wouldn't work without everyone b/c they all brought things together. WHich makes sense why seperate they weren't successful. Except Julia b/c of adventures of Old Christine, but it took her a while though. I will admit I was excited to see any of them on TV after Seinfeld ended, but the anticipation was to much and they didn't live up to my expectations. As for Jerry deciding to end it, they said it was a mutual decision between the cast, and they realized there was nothing more to get out of the show. It was better for them to go out while still on top they already have all the money they would ever need. Damn, Jerry had a freaking garage full of porches. Truth is after Larry left you could see a decline in the writing , although still very good. It wasn't Larry good, somebody said above that scenarios became a little outlandish and unbelievable.

To this day I am still amazed at how well put together this show was, and for you fans please get the dvds and behind the scenes footage, with cast and crew interviews. It will make you fall more in love with show and the genious behind it.

Here is the interview skip to @ 3:48

Every situation is different, you can't compare Martin and it's cast to Seinfeld. Different demographic and dollar amounts involved. Larry's syndication deal was for 1.7 bil of which he got 250 mil in '98, he to will get less every year until the total is paid in full. Who knows what kind of deal Pam got, so yes the amount decreases as time goes on but in this case it's comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Jerry didn't want to do another show because he wanted to stay at home wit his family and continue to do stand-up. Homeboy turned down 100 million to do one more season
sick.gif

Larry David wasn't even part of the show for the last couple seasons and it still brought the heat. Think he helped write the finale though

Even Larry David and anyone around the show doesn't believe he carried Jerry.

Seinfeld without Jerry = fail
Came here to post this.....no way I would have done this. Hell, I'd be still trying to make shows if they were throwing 9 figure checks at me.

Seinfeld is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Specifically his being vastly overrated.
laugh.gif

Seinfeld is a great example of being in the right place at the right time. In essence, Seinfeld was a sign of the times when it came to the cultural atmosphere of the era. A feel good, corny White dude who rode the boom times through the mid 80's and into the late 90's. 
He's one of those entertainers who cannot be carried through various cultural epochs. Transport Seinfeld a decade earlier or later than his peak and he's a lame. 
There are a lot of entertainers like Seinfeld but his mediocrity was sustained as a result of the show. 

The dude is literally one of the greatest luckboxes in entertainment history. 

Same goes with "Friends" and that entire doodoo cast and show. 
Transport Kobe into the 1983 draft and he's Clyde Drexler... What's your point?
Both are yall are wrong. Kobe's an all time great (Clyde isn't) and people are here right now (2013) saying that they love Seinfield. Hell it comes on every week day on more than one channel. 

seinfeld has a mini/web series on the CRACKLE app. its called celebrities in cars having coffee. its HILARIOUS!!! and larry is in the first episode. jerry makes larry laugh like a fool.

Curb > Seinfeld btw

seinfeld was a more structured sitcom.....it basically created the cliche 90s buddy sitcom.....they're still making shows today trying to capture the same spirit....see: how i met your mother, big bang theory, countless other trash shows

there will be absolutely no slander of seinfeld.

now, with that said, Jerry co-wrote the show with larry david.......you can tell there are more elements at play in the scripts than just larry david. In fact, through curb, i learned that george is just a dramatic larry david.........well, when you consider that, you start to recognize the collaboration that was seinfeld.

now, to compare it to curb is unfair...

someone mentioned the HBO thing, but i mean, larry david did seinfeld....without seinfeld there would be no curb......he would have no basis to create curb.

curb is amazing by the way. larry david's situational humor is unfadeable.

Back
Top Bottom