was Jerry Seinfeld a system quarterback in Larry David's offense?

the richest cast member from seinfeld is the actress that plays elaines characters , she's worth around 2 billion

[h2]Early life[/h2]
Louis-Dreyfus was born Julia Scarlett Elizabeth Louis-Dreyfus  in New York City  on January 13, 1961. Her mother, Judith, was a writer and special needs  tutor, and her father, the billionaire Gérard Louis-Dreyfus, chaired Louis Dreyfus Energy Services. She is the great-great-granddaughter of Léopold Louis-Dreyfus, who in 1851 founded the Louis Dreyfus Group, a commodities and shipping multinational, which members of the family control to this day.[sup][2][/sup]  Her paternal grandfather, Pierre Louis-Dreyfus (1908-2011), was president of the Louis Dreyfus Group;[sup][3][/sup]  he was part of a prominentAlsatian Jewish  family,[sup][4][/sup]  and remained in France during World War II, fighting as a cavalry officer and later in the French Resistance.[sup][5][/sup]  During this time, her father fled to America from France.[sup][6][/sup][sup][7][/sup]  Her paternal grandmother, Dolores (Neubauer), and her mother, were American. In 1962, one year after her birth, her parents divorced. After relocating to Washington, D.C.  when Julia was eight,[sup][8][/sup]  her mother married L. Thompson Bowles, Dean of the George Washington University Medical School.[sup][1][/sup][sup][9][/sup]

Last edited:
He still would have made a killing off royalties even if the last season sucked. And it's still on TV all the time. TBS shows it everyday. 

The more a station airs a tv show the less money you get.

Tichina Arnold said this in an interview on TBC Power 105.1

I'm pretty sure it is the opposite.

They get residuals for every time the show airs, so the more they show episode it the more money Larry and Jerry get

And they got most of they syndication money upfront.

So I dunno if I got this right but Jerry and Larry got a lump sum when the syndication deal was cut, then they get residuals every time an episode airs. And all those episodes that aired of Seinfeld and the DVD sales is what got them close to a billion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Here is the interview skip to @ 3:48

Brah you are misunderstanding what she is saying. She means the older the show is, the less popular it gets, the less it is shown, so the checks are smaller. Since residuals are based off of how many times they show it

So the more they play it = the more money they pay

Last edited:
She said "The more its played the less money I get"

Martin is shown all the time on multiple networks and hasn't gotten any less popular.

So she should be getting more money from the re-runs being played all the time?

Really interesting thread. :smokin

When they started putting them out on DVD, I grabbed season 1, checked it out and loved it. Then that whole Kramer goes Django era rant soured me on watching more of it. I've seen a bunch of episodes and I know it's funny, just maybe not enough of em to say it's better than _____.

Haven't seen Curb at all. :nerd:

[quote name=[SIZE=5]Rusty Shackelford[/SIZE]]
not often you see something you 100% agree with.

[quote name=[SIZE=5]RustyShackleford[/SIZE]]
Jerry didn't want to do another show because he wanted to stay at home wit his family and continue to do stand-up. Homeboy turned down 100 million to do one more season :x

Larry David wasn't even part of the show for the last couple seasons and it still brought the heat. Think he helped write the finale though

Even Larry David and anyone around the show doesn't believe he carried Jerry.

Seinfeld without Jerry = fail

Wait, what?

Last edited:

Martin is shown all the time on multiple networks and hasn't gotten any less popular.

Brah you are misunderstanding "The more it's played the less money I get". She clarifies herself in the very next sentence. When she says "more" she means as time goes by, not as in the amount of times it is shown per day.

She clarifies herself by saying "the older a show gets, the less and less money I get"

Martin and Seinfeld is not played as much as it was 10 years ago. So the checks are smaller relative to when it first hit syndication and was shown all the bloody time

Brah you are misunderstanding "The more it's played the less money I get". She clarifies herself in the very next sentence. When she says "more" she means as time goes by, not as in the amount of times it is shown per day.

She clarifies herself by saying "the older a show gets, the less and less money I get"

Martin and Seinfeld is not played as much as it was 10 years ago. So the checks are smaller relative to when it first hit syndication and was shown all the bloody time

Ok I thought you were saying that they were receiving the same amount or more each time a re-run aired.

Really interesting thread. :smokin

When they started putting them out on DVD, I grabbed season 1, checked it out and loved it. Then that whole Kramer goes Django era rant soured me on watching more of it. I've seen a bunch of episodes and I know it's funny, just maybe not enough of em to say it's better than _____.

Haven't seen Curb at all. :nerd:
You need to get on watching all of Seinfeld and Curb ASAP. You've been depriving yourself a great service.

It's like somebody telling you they only watched one season of The Shield, know it's good but stopped and never bothered to come back to it cuz Chiklis or somebody else had a racist meltdown.

Last edited:
tichina is saying the older the show the less they pay

it's like a public domain type thing

you make all the money when the show is freshly syndicated and shown a lot

Last edited:
I think some people are confusing Jerry's stand up being as raved about as his show.
Seinfeld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jerry's Stand Up

I think some people are confusing Jerry's stand up being as raved about as his show.
Seinfeld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jerry's Stand Up
Jerry's stand-up is pretty good though.

Man Curb is like a perfect mix of smart comedy and cheap belly laughs. I almost died many a times watching it. Seinfeld is good for a genuine laugh rated mild - above average, Curb goes off the charts often.

Back
Top Bottom