was Jerry Seinfeld a system quarterback in Larry David's offense?

yall boys crazy, jerry is cold

seinfeld is cold

curb is cold

there aren't any weak links here children

I think you're underestimating the appeal of Seinfeld. I know plenty of people born in the 90s who watch and enjoy the show, it's not only appealing to boomers
It;s true but I think a lot of it has to do with the hype surrounding Seinfeld. Look at me. I'm saying Seinfeld sucks and people are acting like I raped their sister. 

It may have been the best show in an era of garbage but that doesn't say much. It's a good show but not as great as its made out to be.

Just my opinion but it's always funny to see hardcore Seinfeld fans catch seizures when it comes to discussions of Seinfeld being overrated. 
laugh.gif

As for syndication, who else watches reruns of sitcoms at 11 pm on weeknights or at 5 during the weekend. Demographics plays a much larger role than many of you realize. 

btw, early Seinfeld seasons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than the later ones. 

Last edited:
I think you're underestimating the appeal of Seinfeld. I know plenty of people born in the 90s who watch and enjoy the show, it's not only appealing to boomers
It;s true but I think a lot of it has to do with the hype surrounding Seinfeld.

It may have been the best show in an era of garbage but that doesn't say much.

Just my opinion but it's always funny to see hardcore Seinfeld fans catch seizures when it comes to discussions of Seinfeld being overrated. 
laugh.gif
explain overrated? and define 'seizures'? 

Dude is actually arguing against Seinfeld?!

What an ignoramus
I guess it boils down to: Seinfeld is overrated because he says it is.

This despite critical, commercial, popular, and industry acclaim....keep punching champ. No amount of weak analogies will make your point any more valid or stronger.

It;s true but I think a lot of it has to do with the hype surrounding Seinfeld. Look at me. I'm saying Seinfeld sucks and people are acting like I raped their sister. 
No one is acting like you raped anyone's sister, everyone just thinks your opinion blows donkey cock, which it does.

you look back at the show and if you ranked the funniest characters on the show

i think it goes

1.GEORGE.......larry said george was basically his character
2.KRAMER
3.A ELAIN
3.B JERRY

Because George, Kramer and Elain were writing their own jokes right?

Last edited:
you look back at the show and if you ranked the funniest characters on the show

i think it goes

1.GEORGE.......larry said george was basically his character
2.KRAMER
3.A ELAIN
3.B JERRY

Because George, Kramer and Elain were writing their own jokes right?

I think hes coming at it from a comedic point. Jerry/elaine were the straight men for the most part, so they naturally werent as funny. Dont get me wrong, Jerry was hilarious, but George was awesome. I dont think writing jokes has anything to do with the actor. But all the characters were valuable

Is Curb gonna return for a new season this year? 2012 sucked, Larry David better come thru.

Seinfeld was the coach without him the show was nothing

Who cares who was funniest
I would agree with this.

Larry David is more like the GM, Jerry the coach, and George the QB.

They're both caking roughly 50-75 Mil a year off syndication
Is Curb gonna return for a new season this year? 2012 sucked, Larry David better come thru.
No word on season 9 yet according to JB Smoove

Last edited:
Seinfeld is by far the most successful at it but so what? It's a safe pick for most networks and out of all of those lame shows it may be the best. You have to fill the spots with something, right?
Yes, something that will appeal to people enough to get them to watch. The fact that people still tune in regularly negates your theory that the show only worked in the very specific time period in which it was released.  

All you had to say was you personally felt the show was overrated and don't find it as funny as most.  The whole "only people of that era, right place, right time" argument only made sense to explain why it initially caught on.  It obviously doesn't stand the test of time.

Why are some of you comparing Seinfeld with Curb?

For one, Seinfeld started in the early 90's and was on basic TV, it was once in a lifetime show. Literally a show about nothing, none of the seasons had a story arch (except maybe George getting married) and is considered by many the greatest show ever made.

Curb is on HBO with the ability to do whatever it wants. I'm not just talking about swearing and nudity, but the show content itself. For instance there is an episode of Curb where Larry has to go to a meeting pretending to be the victim of incest. Another episode he helps a girl with her first period, one episode he pretends to be ******ed to cut in line. I mean there is no way Seinfeld could have attacked these subjects on network television, I mean "The Contest" episode was pushing the limits back then, and in Curb Jeff's skeeting all over the sheets.

The fact that Seinfeld was able to be as funny as it was with all the restrictions it had by being on network television is amazing in itself. And to these people who think Jerry had nothing to with the writing process, go watch the DVD's and read some of the things Larry has said. Jerry was an vital part of the writing and like i've stated before I do believe Larry is the more talented one, but without Jerry, Larry wouldn't be where he is. He needed someone funny like him to lead the ship and that was Jerry.

Last edited:
He still would have made a killing off royalties even if the last season sucked. And it's still on TV all the time. TBS shows it everyday. 

they show one-two episodes a day

then some basic channel shows it once a day

wish it was on TV more :smh:

Like its been said a million times here, both were needed, and Jerry was just as important to the show as Larry (if not more so).

Larry David = Phil Jackson

Jerry Seinfeld = Michael Jordan

Take Jerry out, and you're left with Scottie and Horace trying to run the show, and it's a playoff team, but you're not going to the finals.

i like this analogy a lot lol.

that cast's money was long...still is for the most part. whats good with kramer and newman tho?

i would compare this to THE OFFICE in a sense.. the writers (BJ Novak, Mindy Kailing, and Toby).. give most of the best material to the better actors.. if you ever watch any behind the scenes jerry admitted to having a hard time not breaking character.. if u look at ALOT of the older episodes, Jerry stays smiling even before the joke...

I think they both equally contributed to the success.. that's why they are still maintain a great relationship to this day.

I saw Jerry do standup on Friday and he was pretty Funny

Jerry + Larry = Seinfeld .... without either they show wouldn't have worked

He still would have made a killing off royalties even if the last season sucked. And it's still on TV all the time. TBS shows it everyday. 

The more a station airs a tv show the less money you get.

Tichina Arnold said this in an interview on TBC Power 105.1

I'm pretty sure it is the opposite.

They get residuals for every time the show airs, so the more they show episode it the more money Larry and Jerry get

And they got most of they syndication money upfront.

So I dunno if I got this right but Jerry and Larry got a lump sum when the syndication deal was cut, then they get residuals every time an episode airs. And all those episodes that aired of Seinfeld and the DVD sales is what got them close to a billion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure it is the opposite.

They get residuals for every time the show airs, so the more they show episode it the more money Larry and Jerry get

And they got most of they syndication money upfront.

So I dunno if I got this right but Jerry and Larry got a lump sum when the syndication deal was cut, then they get residuals every time an episode airs. And all those episodes that aired of Seinfeld and the DVD sales is what got them close to a billion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Here is the interview skip to @ 3:48

Back
Top Bottom