WAS KOBE THIS POLISHED IN HIGH SCHOOL???OH MY WOW!!! (ANDREW WIGGINS 6'7 )... PLUS CHRIS WEBBER 2.0

Kid is a beast but I hate that guys are being hyped up so young. So many variables about how his situation could go. Things like this are why we see the
rise & quick fall of prospects so often now.

Last edited:
I understand people being apprehensive about prospects being overhyped but ****** just wanna go against the grain just because most times.
I'm sure people in here that were 2 when Kobe was in HS are making opinions about Wiggins not being as good as him at the same stage.
T-Mac was more physically gifted than Kobe coming out of HS. Better? No.
Jamal Crawford wasn't even top 25 coming out of HS. Go have a seat sir.
and neither was rajon rondo , u know who was that year? everyones favorite journey man , sebastian telfair

andray blachte and josh mcroberts where ranked higher than bynum.

crawfords ball handling/court vision and perimeter game at his size at 16/17 >_______

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]This Guy Julius Randle...6'9 powerful, and can move. CWEBB 2.0 Class of 2013. The League is in good hands.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I still can't believe that SI cover with Jabari Parker. That cover is extremely ephemeral, even by SI standards. Wiggins is the truth and I'll be shocked if he isn't at least once an All-Star in the NBA. Jabari Parker just doesn't have this kid's trajectory. 
smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

Last edited:
Have you been locked up EDW? These kids aren't exactly "new" if you follow recruiting. Go look up the Harrison twins and Jabari Parker too :lol:

Have you been locked up EDW? These kids aren't exactly "new" if you follow recruiting. Go look up the Harrison twins and Jabari Parker too :lol:
[COLOR=#red]

:rofl: Yeah, I'll admit to being a little slow. I been overseas too long and been out of the loop. But hey it's good to see the rising crop. You still doing your thing right?
[/COLOR]

Does dude have a left. Al but one move he did going left, he finished with his right hand. Not even a lefty dunk once. gonna have to develope that.

That Wiggins kid is nowhere close to the level Kobe was at in HS.

People forget that Kobe broke Wilt's HS records in the state of Pennsylvania.

I say Kobe live in at the 96 NBA summer league at the Long Beach Pyramid and dude even then was just a crazy beast already back then.

Wiggins looks more like OJ Mayo coming out of HS.He isn't getting away with those crossovers and getting those flashy dunks at the college or NBA level.

That Wiggins kid is nowhere close to the level Kobe was at in HS.
People forget that Kobe broke Wilt's HS records in the state of Pennsylvania.
I say Kobe live in at the 96 NBA summer league at the Long Beach Pyramid and dude even then was just a crazy beast already back then.
Wiggins looks more like OJ Mayo coming out of HS.He isn't getting away with those crossovers and getting those flashy dunks at the college or NBA level.

[COLOR=#red]OJ Mayo?

OJ FREAKIN MAYO!!!![/COLOR]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oj was more polished than Wiggins in high school. Oj has been a pro since 15. Wiggins a better prospect because of his length, athletic ability, and motor. No reason to compare them. Wiggins still looks raw in some aspects. Kobe and Oj didn't looked like that at the same age. Wiggins really looks like MKG with a better jumper.

no reason to lol at the OJ Mayo comparison, dude was a monster in high school

that doesn't mean kid can't end up being better than him, just comparing their HS game

Kid is a beast but I hate that guys are being hyped up so young. So many variables about how his situation could go. Things like this are why we see the rise & quick fall of prospects so often now.

Exactly how I see it.

[COLOR=#red]Oh so now y'all remember Kobe's game from when he 17 years old? Revisionist history at its finest I tell ya. This kid is NOT a H.S. Senior. He would be a going to his Senior year, but due to him being in Canada or whatever he's just a rising Junior. Anyway wasn't OJ Mayo a little older for his class?

Please don't compare OJ Mayo to Wiggins because of the hype. Hype distorts reality. I am talking about this guy's intangibles and tangibles. TGB, you know we cool, but my dude saying he's just an upgraded MKG is ludicrous.

This dude still has two more years to develop before he even starts college, and to be honest he could play in the league right now an make an impact...he's better than a few dudes that were lottery picks in this last draft.

Oh and it's not because of the dunks, most of these guys coming out now are hyper-athletic...in that case Gerald Green was the next Michael Jordan coming out of H.S.[/COLOR]

and neither was rajon rondo , u know who was that year? everyones favorite journey man , sebastian telfair

andray blachte and josh mcroberts where ranked higher than bynum.

crawfords ball handling/court vision and perimeter game at his size at 16/17 >_______

Rajon Rondo WAS top 25. Bynum was still TOP 10 and went straight. That's a big difference than you saying the best high school player you've ever seen was someone who wasn't top 25. And what does Blatche and McRoberts have to do with this if were talking about HIGH SCHOOL?

Do you take pride in ALWAYS being wrong?

Stick to parody raps fam...

Last edited:
Exactly how I see it.

This isn't the typical prospect we're talking about. Wiggins is one of those once in a while type of talents. Scouts don't miss on those. The only UBER hyped prospect that didn't pan out in the past 10 years is Oden and that's to no fault of his own.

By the time OJ Mayo became a senior other guys had caught up and outranked him (Rose, Beasley, Love) so his hype level was NOWHERE near Wiggins by the time he graduated.

By the time OJ Mayo became a senior other guys had caught up and outranked him (Rose, Beasley, Love) so his hype level was NOWHERE near Wiggins by the time he graduated.

Exactly. He wasn't even the #1 player in his class as a Senior.

As far as hype the comparison makes no sense and as a player it definitely makes no sense.

Last edited:
Physically and athletically Kobe was still developing. This kid is ahead of Kobe in that department and he looks like he may be 6'10'' by the time he's done growing. If so he will could be a more grizzly Amare.

He has his spin move, Kobe had his crossover. As someone else said Kobe had that polished game thats why he was able to ball with pro's while he was still in high school.

Back
Top Bottom