WAS KOBE THIS POLISHED IN HIGH SCHOOL???OH MY WOW!!! (ANDREW WIGGINS 6'7 )... PLUS CHRIS WEBBER 2.0

I've been watching him since he was 14 when I saw him put up 20 against an American team with Kidd Ghilcrest, Beal, James Macadoo, his rate of development has been incredible to watch, from having a completely broken jumper to have super quick release, legit nba range shot off the dribble and with his feet set. Having no handle. to being able to split just about any pick and roll regardless of how quick the trap his. It seems like he came out of the womb with that spin move, it's just become more deadly with time. Every time I see he brings something new, this Peach Jam he's posting people up a lot more, pulled off some nice up and under moves, felt comfortable enough to go to it in late game situations.

There is nothing left learn in high school, barley anything in college hopefully David Stern can throw the raps a bone. :pimp:

not saying he will be as good as Wiggins, but another young Canadian is following a similar path. Justin Jackson remember the name also dropped 20 on the us as 15 year at the u17 wc.

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here...

Keep in mind, Kobe was just 17 years old playing against MEN! Actually NBA players to be exact.

All from ONE game! Not a highlight reel like these lucky kids have for them these days. Sometimes I wonder how would it be if youtube existed back then.

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here...

Keep in mind, Kobe was just 17 years old playing against MEN! Actually NBA players to be exact.
All from ONE game! Not a highlight reel like these lucky kids have for them these days. Sometimes I wonder how would it be if youtube existed back then.

Ya'll getting so defensive cause dude threw the word "Kobe" in his title that ya'll are forgetting that Andrew Wiggins just started his JUNIOR year in high school.

[COLOR=#red]Wiggins is as polished as ANY of the recent Superstars in the NBA at the same point in their careers. Most of you in here only see the dunks. There is a lot to see in that one video highlights or not. If you look deeper you'll see instincts, footwork, awareness,body control, and a serious attack mode. And to think he still has TWO MORE YEARS before he even touches college. They was already onto this kid at 13 yrs old

Another aspect, which I think helped with Kobe is that his Dad was in the NBA. Andrew Wiggin's Dad was in the NBA too. You see that a lot of times with the star son's of NBA dads their game has a level of polish to it and their confidence is usually high. Also think of Doc Rivers with Austin Rivers, and Dell Curry with Stephen Curry. They are usually more grounded too...not like the talented hotheads like Beasley who do dumb s*** to mess up their growth and potential.

The Pro scouts are already on this kid...in a way MUCH higher than O.J. or MKG.[/COLOR]

he'll be in college Lexington next year though. no reason to not re-classify.

[COLOR=#red]One thing this kid has down is the three dribble length of the court. That's something that is looked upon as a GREAT skill in the pros. It's one of the drills that was taught to me by my NBA mentors (my mentors were Steve Smith from Michigan State, Jason Caffey, Cliff Levingston, Coach Bill Hanzlik, and Coach Outlaw who coached Shareef Rahim). TGB, we never got around to working on that. The drill for it is to throw the ball off the backboard to simulate a long rebound or short outlet pass and you get only three dribbles to make it all the way to the basket. It requires a combination of speed, long stride, and ball handling. Scouts love to see that ****.[/COLOR]

At 6’6 and 195 pounds, Andrew Wiggins is literally and figuratively, a man amongst boys to his Middle School opponents and teammates. Wiggins has the size and game to probably be playing at the Division 1 collegiate level this season, but the NCAA will have to wait until at least 2014 to see the hard-court phenom in action since he is only 13 years old.

Although he is a native of Canada, Andrew has begun to make his presence felt across the US hoops landscape by showcasing his talents recently at the Scouts Focus Elite 80 Showcase which was held on the campus of Barton College in North Carolina. The showcase features some of the top seniors in the nation as well as a select few 8th and 9th graders. Amazingly, he already has a 36 inch vertical leap and wears a size 14 shoe. As for his game, he has college recruiters already lining up since he possesses great handles and has an already polished arsenal of drop steps and shoots jump hooks with both hands. As you could imagine, he regularly backs players down in the low post and shoots over smaller players his age. His coach for his AAU team, Canada Grassroots, thinks Andrew may be the best player he has ever seen at his young age. That’s saying allot since some of the top NCAA players have come through his program like, former UConn star Denham Brown, and current HS Class of 2010 Top 20 ranked players Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph.

Upon doing some research, Wiggins definitely has the athletic genes to go far in this game since his father is Mitchell Wiggins, who had a long professional basketball career playing in the NBA and European leagues, and his mother, Marita Payne, was a former Olympic track star for Canada. Both were stars in college at Florida State. Remember the name, we will definitely hear more of it in the future.

[COLOR=#red]
Trust and believe some bottom dwelling NBA team has either 2014 or 2015 on their calender for this guy. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
That Wiggins kid is nowhere close to the level Kobe was at in HS.
People forget that Kobe broke Wilt's HS records in the state of Pennsylvania.
I say Kobe live in at the 96 NBA summer league at the Long Beach Pyramid and dude even then was just a crazy beast already back then.
Wiggins looks more like OJ Mayo coming out of HS.He isn't getting away with those crossovers and getting those flashy dunks at the college or NBA level.
Wiggins LOOKS nothing like Mayo in High School. What are you talking about? What similarities do they possess? OJ was a polished offensive scorer and very good shooter. Wiggins is an elite athlete, cut from a completely different cloth as OJ Mayo.

[COLOR=#red]Wiggins is as polished as ANY of the recent Superstars in the NBA at the same point in their careers. Most of you in here only see the dunks.[/COLOR]

See thats just not true man.

Wiggins is a rare talent and will more than likely be a NBA All-Star. He's one and done. We understand that. But if you WATCH he's not "clean" and he's not doing things on the offensive end that look "too easy". He can dunk on you, he can drive hard past you, he can elevate over you. He does that because he's bigger and more athletic than his peers. He's not doing the skilled things Kobe or even OJ Mayo were doing in HS. Please go look at some videos before you come back.

I'm serious go watch Kobe and OJ. They were like mini MJ's compared to their peers. And this was since 16 not just their senior year. They had the fadeaways, up and unders, DEEP Range, crossovers, stepbacks, Court vision to make great passes when they actually passed. etc. OJ just peaked early man.

Also lets not talk Lebron. LeBron was definitely more skilled than Wiggins at this point.

And I'm not sure you seen MKG play alot in HS. Did you? Wiggins is playing the forward role in HS. So did MKG. Wiggins has a motor to block shots and compete. MKG does. Wiggins uses his length to make hard drives and doesn't have elite ball-handling ability. Same with MKG. The only difference is Wiggins can shoot of the dribble and his jumper looks better than MKG. Did you watch MKG in summer league this summer? He's very skilled.

Wiggins is the top prospect because of combination of height, length, motor, athletic ability, and "potential". This skillset is catching up to his body. And his body isn't close to done which is just scary. The kid did damage this summer and proved hes the goods so lets just see how far he can take his game.

[COLOR=#red]One thing this kid has down is the three dribble length of the court. That's something that is looked upon as a GREAT skill in the pros. It's one of the drills that was taught to me by my NBA mentors (my mentors were Steve Smith from Michigan State, Jason Caffey, Cliff Levingston, Coach Bill Hanzlik, and Coach Outlaw who coached Shareef Rahim). TGB, we never got around to working on that. The drill for it is to throw the ball off the backboard to simulate a long rebound or short outlet pass and you get only three dribbles to make it all the way to the basket. It requires a combination of speed, long stride, and ball handling. Scouts love to see that ****.[/COLOR]

That drill isn't nothing new homie. :lol:

"I was built to destroy homie."

Yep....OJ went at dudes neck in HS. FInd that video where he let Brandon Jennings know what time it was. Then when Born Ready started poppin' off at the Reebok Camp he went HAM on him. :x OJ and Bill went toe to toe with D.Rose and Eric Gordon too. Man OJ's HS career and just overall highlights are unreal. Remember the 3's he was dropping vs. St. Pats at Huntington? :smh:

Also just watched the Wiggins video again (I've watched plenty of other video on him). I just seen like 26 spin moves in 3 mins :lol: its a great move but son is cheesing like some 2k stuff. I'm sure he will develop more moves but you can see the reason hes scoring. Athletic Ability more often than skill.

Yep....OJ went at dudes neck in HS. FInd that video where he let Brandon Jennings know what time it was. Then when Born Ready started poppin' off at the Reebok Camp he went HAM on him. :x OJ and Bill went toe to toe with D.Rose and Eric Gordon too. Man OJ's HS career and just overall highlights are unreal. Remember the 3's he was dropping vs. St. Pats at Huntington? :smh:
Also just watched the Wiggins video again (I've watched plenty of other video on him). I just seen like 26 spin moves in 3 mins :lol: its a great move but son is cheesing like some 2k stuff. I'm sure he will develop more moves but you can see the reason hes scoring. Athletic Ability more often than skill.

Being 2 years older than the rest of your class likely might have something to do with how "good" he looked in HS. Clearly he peaked there.

Randle v. Wiggins

Yeah, try watching a full game, totally underrating his scoring abilities, they constantly show that spin move because it's flashy.

imo best prospect since Bron.

Last edited:
That drill isn't nothing new homie. :lol:

[COLOR=#red]I didn't say I invented it, nor did I say you didn't know about it...I said we didn't get around to it. You getting smart with me yo? I'm sayin. All I ever did was try to help were I could and pass the knowledge that was given to me from those who have made millions in this game homie[/COLOR]

Being 2 years older than the rest of your class likely might have something to do with how "good" he looked in HS. Clearly he peaked there.

Randle v. Wiggins

[COLOR=#red]Yeah, as Felipe Lopez knows WELL about. Peeps ask what happened to Felipe..."maybe" he was just a tad older than was listed and faded away as he got "older"[/COLOR]

I just can't see how he can be as polished as Kobe. Kobe was playing against european pros on a consistent basis. They were European, but they were still MEN. I saw the highlight reel, and even though they might be showing his spin move because it's flashy, he always spins the same way, and it seems to me it's his go to move. I could be wrong, I have never watched him play before this thread. But he's not as polished as Kobe was.

[COLOR=#red]I didn't say I invented it, nor did I say you didn't know about it...I said we didn't get around to it. You getting smart with me yo? I'm sayin. All I ever did was try to help were I could and pass the knowledge that was given to me from those who have made millions in this game homie[/COLOR]

:lol: I know man. Its just the way you said it. You was name dropping like The Game before you explained the drill. Its cool my dude. But yeah Kobe was polished beyond alot of these dudes years. He was cooking Eddie Jones and Stackhouse during the summers in Philly in HS. He was playing Brain Shaw one on one in Italy when he like 12.

Ya'll are overvaluing the "polished" label.

This kid is on a different level than Kobe in high school. Point blank period. I don't care how many spin move fadeaways off of his pivot Kobe was able to do in HS...Wiggins is something else.

This is not Gerald Green we're talking about.

Ya'll are overvaluing the "polished" label.
This kid is on a different level than Kobe in high school. Point blank period. I don't care how many spin move fadeaways off of his pivot Kobe was able to do in HS...Wiggins is something else.
This is not Gerald Green we're talking about.

:lol: ok man if you say so.

Very impressive :wow:

I know its a highlight tape, but he seems to have a very good all around game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom