Washington Wizards Season Thread - Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Should the Washington Wizards trade Bradley Beal?

• Total voters
Where does this franchise even go from here?

Giving Beal that contract has essentially ensured it stays in mediocrity for the next few years vs having a *true* rebuild.

Stat pad KP to increase his value then trade him mid-season for a PG :lol:
Honestly, we should do the same for Brad as well lol

We’re not making it far in the 2nd round of the playoffs with him and his contract on the roster. Ted wants him for the ticket sales though so I’m guessing he’s here for the long run, unfortunately.

Honestly, we should do the same for Brad as well lol

We’re not making it far in the 2nd round of the playoffs with him and his contract on the roster. Ted wants him for the ticket sales though so I’m guessing he’s here for the long run, unfortunately.

You think Bradley Beal is driving ticket sales @ Capital One? :lol:

No but more so than anyone else on the team lol

Wizards are dead last in attendance IIRC and the bottom can definitely go lower lol
They’re dead last in attendance because the prices are so damn high :lol: If the Pacers we’re charging that kinda money for a mediocre team nobody would show up.

Where does this franchise even go from here?

Giving Beal that contract has essentially ensured it stays in mediocrity for the next few years vs having a *true* rebuild.
Keeping Beal under contract allows the team to get the most back in a trade, which is the option they'll need to exercise when attempts to land a true top 10 talent fail. (i.e. Durant is traded to another team that has better prospects & draft picks)
If we let him walk for nothing, we'd have a better pick in the upcoming draft but the same front office making the selection. It wouldn't hurt to have more picks available, since the Wizards' talent evaluation to date has been, let's say "spotty" at best.

All of us outside the Wizards' front office can acknowledge the obvious: you're not going to win a title with max players who aren't even on an All NBA team.

They’re dead last in attendance because the prices are so damn high :lol: If the Pacers we’re charging that kinda money for a mediocre team nobody would show up.
Indiana and Sacramento have fewer options for those interested in live entertainment.

There are better things to do in DC than support a bottom-tier franchise.

At this point, if Ted wants to pout about his self-inflicted attendance woes and move the team, I'd welcome that.
In the modern, post ABA merger era, the following expansion teams have won championships: Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, and Toronto Raptors. The Minnesota Timberwolves and Memphis Grizzlies have made conference finals. Only the Charlotte Hornets and New Orleans Pelicans can compete with the Wizards' futility.

Unless and until Ted finally releases this franchise from the dismal curse of his failed "leadership," Seattle has a more realistic shot at contention in the next 15 years than we do.

Keeping Beal under contract allows the team to get the most back in a trade, which is the option they'll need to exercise when attempts to land a true top 10 talent fail.
You know, I REALLY debated posting this but you seem to already have all hope beaten out of you by this franchise’s ineptitude so here ya go:

8B7E5769-0935-4C85-BDD9-4D83055FD9FB.jpeg

Last edited:
All the talking heads on ESPN asking why Beal would ever sign that contract to rot in mediocrity for his entire career....$251M....yeah id rot in mediocrity happy as hell

we stoked for this year after media day?

Porzingis has a beard now!!!! and like...Rui is hopefully going to play most of the season? and Beal is rich? We have Monte Morris now....pre game fits from Kuz gonna be lit!

Back
Top Bottom