We are all born Atheist.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Nope. We're all born inherently inclined to a specific religion.
How so?  I'm not sure I understand you.
If atheist parents have a child, how is that child "born inherently inclined to a specific religion."  How is religion hereditary?  

How can a newborn infant even fathom the concept of a god, much less religion?

I was being sarcastic....I'm not that stupid.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

false.

Atheists deny god's existence. You have to form an opinion to deny it. So, how many day olds have formed an opinion?
laugh.gif

So... newborn infants have already accepted the concept of gods?
I don't think any atheists would define atheism as the denial of god's existence.

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

false.

Atheists deny god's existence. You have to form an opinion to deny it. So, how many day olds have formed an opinion?
laugh.gif

So... newborn infants have already accepted the concept of gods?
I don't think any atheists would define atheism as the denial of god's existence.

Originally Posted by pacers31

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I wouldn't say atheist but you're born with a blank slate. In order to be an atheist you need to have a concept of God that you decline to accept. A baby being born doesn't even have a concept of color.

this

/thread

Originally Posted by pacers31

I wouldn't say atheist but you're born with a blank slate. In order to be an atheist you need to have a concept of God that you decline to accept. A baby being born doesn't even have a concept of color.

this

/thread

If atheist parents have a child, how is that child "born inherently inclined to a specific religion."  How is religion hereditary?  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

your sarcasm sucks! 
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

your sarcasm sucks! 
indifferent.gif

Maybe an infant automatically views their parent as the Supreme Being. Wouldn't that be a religion?

How do you quantify or analyze a new born baby's innermost thoughts?

Maybe an infant automatically views their parent as the Supreme Being. Wouldn't that be a religion?

How do you quantify or analyze a new born baby's innermost thoughts?

Atheism at its simplest definition is not the rejection or denial of gods.  It's the absence of belief in existence of a god or gods.  Babies lack this belief in gods.  Everyone is born an atheist. 

Atheism at its simplest definition is not the rejection or denial of gods.  It's the absence of belief in existence of a god or gods.  Babies lack this belief in gods.  Everyone is born an atheist. 

Merriam-Webster wrote:
Atheism:

a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

Your failure to grasp vocabulary terms is off-putting to say the least.

Merriam-Webster wrote:
Atheism:

a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

Your failure to grasp vocabulary terms is off-putting to say the least.

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

We're all born with God in us. Spirituality is one of the keys to getting closer to him and opening your eyes.

pimp.gif
"Listen to my master when he asks me to do something" that sounds awfully familiar.

We're all born with God in us. Spirituality is one of the keys to getting closer to him and opening your eyes.

pimp.gif
"Listen to my master when he asks me to do something" that sounds awfully familiar.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Has there ever been an atheist society? I want to say that since the dawn of time every people group has had some sort of religion or spiritual life. It seems to be clear that, in general, people inherently believe in something greater than themselves. Every society has their Jesus, Thor, Buddha, Sun god, whatever... even if they're completely isolated.

Therefore, I'm inclined to say that people aren't born atheist.

Has there ever been an atheist society? I want to say that since the dawn of time every people group has had some sort of religion or spiritual life. It seems to be clear that, in general, people inherently believe in something greater than themselves. Every society has their Jesus, Thor, Buddha, Sun god, whatever... even if they're completely isolated.

Therefore, I'm inclined to say that people aren't born atheist.

I guess, yeah, we are born as atheists. As infants, we are hardly conscious of our thoughts, if at all. Humans have a tendency to fill misunderstandings with the supernatural, so I think that humans have a tendency to believe that a supernatural being exists.

I guess, yeah, we are born as atheists. As infants, we are hardly conscious of our thoughts, if at all. Humans have a tendency to fill misunderstandings with the supernatural, so I think that humans have a tendency to believe that a supernatural being exists.

Pretty offtopic but to me America seems still really religious country? Am i wrong? In Finland religion is slowly becoming non factor. I don't know a single person who believes in God.

Pretty offtopic but to me America seems still really religious country? Am i wrong? In Finland religion is slowly becoming non factor. I don't know a single person who believes in God.

Back
Top Bottom