We often say "if I had the money that celeb had i'd never go broke or work again"

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

The thing is, most people would go broke even if you gave them 100 million dollars.

It's embedded in our minds to spend every chance we get.

Say you find $50 bucks on the sidewalk. The first thing that goes through your head is "what should I buy with this?" Instead of throwing it into savings.

With that kind of mindset you will be drowning in debt even when you are making a lot of money.

This is very true 

Originally Posted by scshift

Yes, with $10 million I am very confident I would never have to work again and I could retire immediately as I received that money.

That is much more than I have ever wanted, I could buy my 3 dream cars (all used of course), a nice small apartment in the city and live quietly for the rest of my life. And I'd share a lot of it with other people.

I'd pick up a job I really loved and just stick with that until I wanted to stop working forever.
see, you're already thinking wrong why do you really need THREE cars?.. but youre only 5yrs old tho so i give you a pass..
anyone remember that thread i made about my coworker dumping 20k on 3 used cars (2 bimmers & 1 ac).. yeah... some dudes are just not meant to have all that money.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

The thing is, most people would go broke even if you gave them 100 million dollars.

It's embedded in our minds to spend every chance we get.

Say you find $50 bucks on the sidewalk. The first thing that goes through your head is "what should I buy with this?" Instead of throwing it into savings.

With that kind of mindset you will be drowning in debt even when you are making a lot of money.
Bingo.. Money will always meet you where you are mentally..
My mentor once told me. "money stays where it's taken care of"

Originally Posted by proper english

Yes, with $10 million I am very confident I would never have to work again and I could retire immediately as I received that money.

That is much more than I have ever wanted, I could buy my 3 dream cars (all used of course), a nice small apartment in the city and live quietly for the rest of my life. And I'd share a lot of it with other people.

I'd pick up a job I really loved and just stick with that until I wanted to stop working forever.
see, you're already thinking wrong why do you really need THREE cars?.. but youre only 5yrs old tho so i give you a pass..
anyone remember that thread i made about my coworker dumping 20k on 3 used cars (2 bimmers & 1 ac).. yeah... some dudes are just not meant to have all that money.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Man, why does my age keep getting lower and lower every time you post? First I was 13 in the Audi A4 thread, then I was 8 in the Lexus GS thread, now I'm 5?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The point is, I don't need 3 cars. But cars are my passion and I feel like if I'm going to spend money on something, it might as well be something I truly love. These cars aren't stunting cars like Orange Lambos or Veyrons, they're automotive pieces of art like the Nissan GTR, Ferrari 458, Audi R8, etc. If I'm not going to spend the cash on something I like, then what should I spend it on? And if I shouldn't spend my money at all, then why have it in the first place?

20k on 3 used cars is dumb. Especially as BMWs. I would never touch a BMW I bought for $6k, especially if it was a recent model. However, supercars/expensive cars depreciate very rapidly and it is much smarter to buy them used than to buy a new one. No, I don't plan to fake it and take out a loan to buy a used car, but when I have the appropriate money I will go the used route. I'm not the kind of person who needs to tell everyone I bought a new car just to emphasize the fact I got the cash to do so, especially when used is much smarter.

Back
Top Bottom