Wedding planning and budgetting (married NT'ers welcome)

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I'll surely re-visit this thread in 2 years.

smh.gif
at the thoughts of the cost. I'll have a minimum 150 for mine w/ 100 of those for my girl alone since her dad is a public figure.We're already getting into arguments about who'll be invited and who's getting the burn
laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure the arguments will get worse as we move on. We already got some connects w/ the basic wedding needs (photog, dress) but I'm personally not thinking about it now. It stresses the +@+# out of me.

congratulations my man. have a nice married life.
I asked her father, if you are gonna help then help...im not forcing you but i would appreciate it and her being her first daughter and first one getting married will also appreciate it, at the end he came forward and decided to help with half of the reception and so did my mother...of course this was when our list was at 75 guests, we went thru the ropes about who should and shouldnt be invited and the list grew to almost 100....at this point i took out a 3500$ loan to cover for the extra cost, if you future father-in-law is the reason why you are having so many guests then you should talk to him, he should be responsible for helping you out, otherwise he can keep his guests out....it is yours and her wedding not his!

Yes, we've considered that, but I don't really want to ask help from him though it's expected since my girl's the youngest of his 4 daughters *
frown.gif

I'm pretty sure you've thought of this, but mind if I ask you on how financially stable you are at the present?

Im dat dude, I can't front like I don't know what you are saying....I told my girl the same thing a bunch of times...but I guess I had a change of mind and wanted something more...no I won't love her any more or less....is hard to explain, I guess is something you gotta feel for yourself and want, like I stated earlier I was very aainst marriage and thought if it as just a contract, but things changed...

Btw I don't think anyone goes into such a comittment expecting to fail....so I'm not thinking about how or when is gonna end now.

me and my girl are tying the knot on october 15, everything is going well as far as the planning, just trying to save as much $$$ as we can.

it's all about budget budget budget! try to save more than what you're planning to save. it's always good to save a little something extra incase for any added costs.

good luck to everyone that's getting married this year. it'll be sooner than you'll think until the wedding day
pimp.gif

NT stays hating, congratulations though OP.

May I see the photographer's blog you're hiring? Link please.

While I do not fully know your given situation, this is what I can advise based on my experience - do not waste a bunch of money on your wedding. If I could go back in time, I would have done a city hall ceremony and a private family dinner.

My in-laws followed "traditional wedding etiquette," they paid for the wedding, my parents paid for the rehearsal dinner and other miscellaneous expenses. All in all I think our wedding totalled $25k. My in-laws would have been willing to give us that cash otherwise. Not every situation presents itself like ours, but still, you're better off being frugal with a wedding, and saving money towards a lifetime (hopefully) spent together. I much rather would have had $25k to go towards our home fund than to have those 4.5 hours immortalized in a photo album, nothing more, nothing less. The end result is the same, you're married. No sense in going all out for something that represents a fraction of your life with your significant other. It's tough because women are brought up on the idea of extravagant princess weddings, whatever, but try to explain the rational side of things.

marriage is not a good thing these days. he will be back on here within 1 year talking about his divorce

Here you go luang, www.silverleafweddings.com

there's always two side to the coin, you have to be open minded about a topic like marriage, I don't take offense to someone who doesn't agree with my views, I came to this decision not for anyone else but myself and what will make my girl happy.

Yo solematic!...sup bro!!...crash the wedding!...or tell Diego to ditch Eribelkis and bring you...lol...JK!

well so far our reception is costing us 7k, 100 guests
That explains it, after I read a 5k budget I was like...
eek.gif

100 guests should be good.

Nice picture^ Beautiful lady too. Congrats and good luck.
I plan on having 200-300 guests so my budget will be up there, yes people dont forget for food you pay per plate.
On my wedding day I dont want my family to cook or clean or worry about a thing, I want everyone to enjoy it

Originally Posted by moneymike88

okay dood?....
happy.gif
okay dood
happy.gif

edit - i remember when http://tinyurl.com/yh8vjed told me that you were spitting e-game to her a year ago...you shouldnt act single when you have a fiancee yo

Thats crazy.

I remember when http://tinyurl.com/yh8vjed was sending her half naked pics around to lil dudes on ISS.
Shouldnt be demanding lady like treatment when her pics been passed all over the place.

It's crazy that someone I hve no clue who he is, knows or even remembers what I was doing over a year ago...that was close to 2 yers ago to be exact and if you want an explanantion we had just come off a break, not that is any of your business but you seem to be quite in touch with my E-life....btw you pulled the e-flirting card....lmfao!...come a little harder NeXT time...i can accept you not aggreeing with me, but dont you daré tell me how to lead my life...you do not know me.

100 people is definitely a small wedding

I say............ go all out.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT DO BUFFET.

Originally Posted by Diego

okay dood?....
happy.gif
okay dood
happy.gif

edit - i remember when http://tinyurl.com/yh8vjed told me that you were spitting e-game to her a year ago...you shouldnt act single when you have a fiancee yo

Thats crazy.

I remember when http://tinyurl.com/yh8vjed was sending her half naked pics around to lil dudes on ISS.
Shouldnt be demanding lady like treatment when her pics been passed all over the place.
nerd.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You're 28 and you been with her for 10 years? YIKES!... Some of you don't take the opportunity to meet different people huh?[/color]

Some people don't need to date around to know who they want to marry. Some people know that the person they are with, is the one they want to spend their life with.
marriage is not a good thing these days. he will be back on here within 1 year talking about his divorce
grin.gif
Works for people who operate under what a marriage is supposed to be.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Diego

okay dood?....
happy.gif
okay dood
happy.gif

Thats crazy.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

edit - actually, pics or it didnt happen
ksteezywrote:
It's crazy that someone I hve no cluewho he is, knows or even remembers what I was doing over a yearago...that was close to 2 yers ago to be exact and if you want anexplanantion we had just come off a break, not that is any of yourbusiness but you seem to be quite in touch with my E-life....btw youpulled the e-flirting card....lmfao!...come a little harder NeXTtime...i can accept you not aggreeing with me, but dont you daré tellme how to lead my life...you do not knowme.
you takin that personal though? damn son

edit****
you know what its not even worth the back n forth.

lets get back on topic. 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom