Wedding planning and budgetting (married NT'ers welcome)

Originally Posted by richyung412

u really wanna get married????????thats the end of your social life SMH no more going out with your friends SMH.........You gotta come home and anwser to her ALL THE TIME SMH you aure u wanna do that?????

the young and ignorant...lol
ive been living with her for the past 2+ years, my social life is horrible not because of her but because i work 2 jobs to pay bills and because my best friends have kids....lol

Marriage is not a prison, although there are some females that wanna lock a dude down....these are those immature broads.

Beatz you getting married too???....i wanna be the photographer damn it!...let diego and solematic be your maids of honor...lmao

and Dirty you are right, but i told my photographer i didnt want your usual pose by a table shot of of the guests, i got a photographer whos style is photojournalistic, im not a huge fan of formals....im gonna have disposable cameras on each table, let the guest take care of those table shots themselves, gets them more involved too...lol

im gonna have disposable cameras on each table, let the guest take care of those table shots themselves, gets them more involved too...lol

My sister did that... She said it was a waste...not one good shot at all.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

im gonna have disposable cameras on each table, let the guest take care of those table shots themselves, gets them more involved too...lol

hmm...thought it would be cool to view the ceremony not a from a professional photogs POV but from the guests....might have to re-think that option then...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

hmm...thought it would be cool to view the ceremony not a from a professional photogs POV but from the guests....might have to re-think that option then...
nerd.gif

It never turns out well, good idea in theory.  Rent a photo booth instead, those seem to do better.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

nerd.gif

It never turns out well, good idea in theory.  Rent a photo booth instead, those seem to do better.

yeah the photog im getting offers a photobooth, might just do that instead...
what do you guys think of these favors?

http://www.personalcreati...-8E159-2-312-31208.html#

The photo booth is nice.
the last two weddings I attended had one..

One was particularly nice... they printed the pics right there and then... two copies of the 4 picture set... one to the guests...the other pasted into a book for the guests to sign and for the bride and groom to look at in the end.

Budget on that one is obviously a lot more than the disposable cameras though.

I am a huge anti favor person. Honestly? The guests don't care. Or they don't care enough to warrant the costs of favors. It's just more junk that gets tossed at the end of the night.

I am a huge anti favor person. Honestly? The guests don't care. Or they don't care enough to warrant the costs of favors. It's just more junk that gets tossed at the end of the night.
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

ohwell.gif
grin.gif

By all means, get favors if you want them.  But get the ones you and your fiance really want - don't bother with what you think the guests would want or whatever.  I like personal favors though, like pictures and stuff from after the wedding.  Those aren't really considered favors though since they usually come after the fact.

Wow this brings back memories...here are my tips

- if you can splurge on one thing make it the photographer, the pictures are the things you'll look at most over the years

- no wedding video, for how many times you are going to watch it...once maybe twice a year... the price isn't worth it. Have your cousin tape it with his video camera at the most.

- set a budget beforehand and stick to it. There is a rule in america...if you buy anything for a wedding its a automatic 20% markup! It is way easy to go overboard on a wedding, just remember...it's ONE day and most of the people are coming just to eat your food and drink your wine anyway. Do you really want to be payin' for uncle tommy to get tore down and feel up on the maid of honor for a couple of years

- cut down that guest list. We had both our families submit guest lists to us. Between the two of us our parents wanted to invite 600 people..not including our friends! We established a rule, if you haven't spoken to them in a year...they ain't comin'...had 250 guests at our wedding. BUT we paid for our wedding ourselves, if somebody besides you two are coming off some loot for this they are going to have a say in who comes.

Beatz you getting married too???....i wanna be the photographer damn it!...let diego and solematic be your maids of honor...lmao 
surely you jest...
diego was being a smart *#! because he knew i was talking about him... y'know, with him being all wifed up & what not.

& i don't have a facebook, so there will be no updating of any statuses. i'll bbm you
grin.gif

what do you guys think of these favors?
http://www.personalcreati...-8E159-2-312-31208.html#
Those aren't bad.
At least they're useful/food.

I'm like Nawth....I hate trinkets... You end up keeping it for a while b/c you don't want to just toss it out of respect...then 6 months later you realize it's been collecting dust after falling underneath your office sofa b/c you forgot all about it.

Congrats Elkin. 10 years? Jesus, I don't know if I'll ever be able to put up with a woman for that long, much less marry her. I've been living with my girl for almost 2 years and I'm already wanting to kill her 
laugh.gif
 ...she's been drilling me with the whole marriage thing already. She needs to stop watching all these Platinum Wedding-esque shows and understand I'm not asking her anything except for the remote lol

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

surely you jest...
diego was being a smart *#! because he knew i was talking about him... y'know, with him being all wifed up & what not.

& i don't have a facebook, so there will be no updating of any statuses. i'll bbm you
grin.gif

It took Elkin 10 years before he made that commitment, surely I could wait a few more years.

Silly Beatriz, you deleted me last time I pissed you off.
grin.gif

Yeah to b honest the favors I think of as decor....something that would look nice in pictures...I could care less what my guests think of em, because I'm a realist and I know they won't care much for them...

Lmao @ klean!!...you are a clown...
roll.gif
:

I wanna choke my girl at least once every 3 weeks...i think its normal in any relationship...ive come to accept that.

Doing a charity donation instead - giving a little card to the guests letting them know about it-

One was particularly nice... they printed the pics right there and then... two copies of the 4 picture set... one to the guests...the other pasted into a book for the guests to sign and for the bride and groom to look at in the end.
think we are getting this type - ~1k...unlimited pix- b+w or color option, we get the cd and the book at the end 

woooow...i bet that %%+$# did not expect Judge Joe to know his photography....lmaooo..

"how fast is that lense?"

"i dunno"

what an idiot!!!!!

we went cake tasting today....we decided to buy our cake from www.bcakeny.com dope spot and very pleasent people

4501967762_f4f3d98182_b.jpg

place is right on flatbush and livington.

first off i wanna say congrats and i wish you guys the best. However i don't see why people would want to spend so much on a wedding, 13k , 25k those numbers are ridiculous. My girl and I had a private ceremony with our local pastor, her parents and siblings were present and so were mines after that we threw a nice party were we then invited other family members and our close friends and it all was $1000 flat for everything including the private ceremony, pictures and the party and currently we have a nice down payment of 15k that would be blown for ones wedding saved for a down payment for our first home. And i don't mean to get in your biz but u say you already holding down 2 jobs to pay the bills you best make sure that yall try to stick to that 5k budget or you will seeking a third job. having a chick thats understanding and not all about the glitz and glamour FTW
pimp.gif

Tvanterpool I feel what you are saying, but the cost of a wedding varies depending where you live... 1000$ is unheard of in NYC even if all you are doing is a dinner for your families...which is what we inteded at first, but after asking over a dozen restaurants for quotes to feed about 20 people we were pretty much looking at a tab of close to 2k just for a sit-down dinner for close relatives....NYC prices specially for a weddig are inflated....that being said I've realized that blowing 13k on an actual wedding with a guestlist of 100, floral arrangements, top knotch food, 6 hour reception, DJ with lighting, dope photography and a ceremony at central park...hmmm...I can't help to be excited about it, because no matter which way I look at it I'm blowing alot less than the majority of people out there.
I'm working 2 jobs because the second one us paying for the wedding bro...lol...we live good off of my full time.
Btw I agree about the owning the home part, I dint own a house but I do own my apt already.

Thanx for the good wishes.

Tvanterpool I feel what you are saying, but the cost of a wedding varies depending where you live... 1000$ is unheard of in NYC even if all you are doing is a dinner for your families...which is what we inteded at first, but after asking over a dozen restaurants for quotes to feed about 20 people we were pretty much looking at a tab of close to 2k just for a sit-down dinner for close relatives....NYC prices specially for a weddig are inflated....that being said I've realized that blowing 13k on an actual wedding with a guestlist of 100, floral arrangements, top knotch food, 6 hour reception, DJ with lighting, dope photography and a ceremony at central park...hmmm...I can't help to be excited about it, because no matter which way I look at it I'm blowing alot less than the majority of people out there.
I'm working 2 jobs because the second one us paying for the wedding bro...lol...we live good off of my full time.
Btw I agree about the owning the home part, I dint own a house but I do own my apt already.

Thanx for the good wishes.
yea man no prob and for the record i wasnt tryna call u broke or anything with the 2 job situation was just saying. but hey enjoy yall self and if you spend 5k to 13k make sure you enjoy every penny. GL

I'm in the planning stage myself... have 14 month to the day though.

We've basically nailed down all the big things except for a dj for the reception, its all the little tedious +$%# that's starting to bother me ala invitations, thank you cards, guess book, favors etc
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Good luck though broski.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom