Wedding planning and budgetting (married NT'ers welcome)

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i was looking at this website....legit check please...lol
www.myweddingfavors.com

they have some really cool party favors, i love the magnet set that comes in a little fridge and the "mint to be" set

this is what we are trying to get our center pieces to look like
007_primary.jpg

Personally...I hate those high centerpieces...they look nice..but they're impractical for conversation...I prefer the low centerpieces.

as for me...24K+ alone for the reception hall.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

www.myweddingfavors.com

they have some really cool party favors, i love the magnet set that comes in a little fridge and the "mint to be" set

007_primary.jpg

Personally...I hate those high centerpieces...they look nice..but they're impractical for conversation...I prefer the low centerpieces.

You plan on getting married soon?

Yeah I know what you mean dirty, but I figure if the vase is thin, then the guest won't have much trouble communicating.

And damn 24k in the reception alone!?....NT must have a hell of a salary cap....lol

Indian weddings are incredibly beautiful, expensive and colorful....a Wedding photographer's dream!

Congrats Dirty!...you don't belong in this thread though, this is reserved for low income budget grooms...lol

I dont have any experience with any wedding stuff, but don't feel bad. The average American wedding is 28k.

Also congrats

oh oh elkin... can i come? =D

Its edgar (wateversclever) btw

as you know im a photographer also.. and i really want to get into wedding photography... but i need practice =(

Didn't you go under a different Name on here??...lol
I didn't know you were into photography too...

Gonna probably have a uber small ceremony. Got a wedding planner willing to work for free because she wants to see my girl and I get married. Will take the extra expenses and backpack Europe or 20 day cruise.
But congrats OP... 
pimp.gif
Long wishes.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

www.myweddingfavors.com

007_primary.jpg

We have highrises that are clear/glass and skinny at the base so its the best of both worlds-  but are you sure you want your centerpeices to look like that? i mean what are the colors of the wedding? you said July right....that looks more like a fall type event with the sticks/twigs and leaves - personal pref i guess -

but budget wise i'm up there with Dirt -

End of July - coming quick...and the money is going out quicker
laugh.gif

All good though....will be a great event and a great day
pimp.gif

u really wanna get married????????thats the end of your social life SMH no more going out with your friends SMH.........You gotta come home and anwser to her ALL THE TIME SMH you aure u wanna do that?????

Originally Posted by richyung412

u really wanna get married????????thats the end of your social life SMH no more going out with your friends SMH.........You gotta come home and anwser to her ALL THE TIME SMH you aure u wanna do that?????

If your wife doesn't let you go out with the boys you married the wrong broad.  No married couple wants to spend 100% of their time together. 
laugh.gif

Aye Bro. YNS?
Cause it sure as hell dont seem like it.

Elkins girl making porkchops for me FTW.

roll.gif
kids....

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

We planned our wedding in 3 weeks.  After planning and trying to budget for a wedding for about a year, we just said eff it and went for it.  We realized that if we waited until everything was perfect, including our money, we would NEVER get married.

I think we spent at the most $800-900 on everything--the venue, cake, tux, dress, gear for the kids, gifts for guests and professional photographer.  We didn't have a legit reception because we couldn't afford it and it wasn't like our wedding was huge--we had 25 guests lol.  Instead we just met up with everyone for dinner at a nice restaurant and had a great time without paying for all that extra nonsense. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As far as planning goes, I had a good time "working" with my wife.  In reality I didn't plan a damn thing--I just was there when she picked stuff out and nodded yes when I knew she really liked something. 
laugh.gif
   I'd say let her handle the intricate details and you just work on the major things like venue and photographer.  And try to find people that will work with your budget--you'd be surprised at how many people will bargain with you when you bring your budget to them.  Our photographer was dumb cool and gave us a DVD of over 200 official wedding photos for about $200, which is pretty unheard of for wedding photos.  So my advice is to just ask if you want to get a deal--all they can do is say no. 
holy %+$# bro, 200$ for photography!?...woow...
Dude had to be really new and did not have his business right... a dvd and 200+ pics would alomost be worth 4k - 20k plus(20 bucks a pic to 100 bucks a pic and a 100 for the disc.) You get $200 (lower side of things) just for sitting in.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Originally Posted by Diego

Aye Bro. YNS?

someone's next...

Youre tying the knot?
Congratulations Beatz. FB status update or Im calling ducktales.

Originally Posted by solematic j21

Aye Bro. YNS?

someone's next...

I better be the best man or il friendship is over!

I dont know how Starz feels about you being the best man.
Her dude dont even know you like that.

..The thing with those high centerpieces.. when/if you go around table to table with the photog to take table shots with your guests, it's always in the way

Originally Posted by solematic j21

Aye Bro. YNS?

someone's next...

I better be the best man or il friendship is over!

I dont know how Starz feels about you being the best man.
Her dude dont even know you like that.

I thought me and you were cool though, #*#% the 80 cash and cut my line.

Aye Bro. YNS?

What does YNS mean????

Back
Top Bottom