WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Thor: Ragnarok Now Looking at $100 Million-Plus Opening Weekend

The projections for Thor: Ragnarok have improved to a potential $100 million opening weekend. Marvel Studios is less than two weeks away from releasing the film, and all signs point toward a hit. The third installment of the Thorfranchise is taking a drastic turn in tone thanks director Taika Waititi. This time, Thor will not be alone in this adventure with his Avengers pal Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) coming along for the ride.

Marvel has continued to promote the film heavily over the last few weeks and the results have apparently been successful. Ragnarok topped social media buzz this past week in light of the review embargo lifting, which has resulted in the film’s prospects improving from a previously reported $90 million opening

Maaaaan!!! That was the most fun i had watching a Marvel film! I didn't have much fun with Avengers Civil War but this one, despite having many characters outside of Thor Hulk Hela Loki, was really well paced and well balanced. The comedy wasn't over the top, nothing dragged, and there were multiple nods to previous Avengers films. And an easter egg that has been bugging me for a long time has finally been answered!

damn, seems like it's been forever since I've seen a CBM

Ragnarok can't come soon enough

DM1vYiMVQAECGDf.jpg

They're not showing Thor at my local Dolby cinema but they're showing JL?

That's just wrong man

*edit

Had tickets to see Raganarok in the IMAX in long island but decided to watch it at the Dolby Cinema in Times Square

Let's see if watching it in Dolby Vision is any better :nerd:

Last edited:
Ben Mendelsohn Eyed for Villain Role in ‘Captain Marvel’

Captain Marvel” directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are in talks with their “Mississippi Grind” star Ben Mendelsohn for the superhero film’s villain.

Mendelsohn would play the film’s main antagonist, which would likely be the leader of the Skrulls. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige teased earlier this year that the aliens would be featured in the film.

Brie Larson is set to star in title role with Kevin Feige producing. Marvel had no comment on the casting.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet wrote the most recent script with “Inside Out” scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman penning previous drafts, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.

At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that the superhero film will be set in the ’90s, before the Avengers ever thought of assembling, and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury.

The pic is expected to bow on March 8, 2019.

Fleck and Boden had Mendelsohn in mind when they first started plotting the story and once the two sides were able to meet, Mendelsohn quickly agreed to pursue the role.

Mendelsohn has been slowly becoming a go-to villain in Hollywood following his role in “Star Wars” standalone film “Rogue One” and the upcoming “Robin Hood: Origins,” where he portrays the Sheriff of Nottingham. Mendelsohn has also shined on TV, winning an Emmy for playing the black sheep of the family on Netflix’s “Bloodline.”

Mendelsohn can be seen next in Steven Spielberg’s “Ready Player One.”

Hopefully he dies.

Maybe his wife takes up his mantle and that way I can get some more Linda Cardellini on the big screen.

it was just speculation due to the haircut and tat sleeve but now the costume matches so this might be the biggest confirmation yet
:lol: Wait how did the haircut and tat indicate Ronin?

**** is so weird, Hawkeye was Ronin in Avengers for a short stint (after coming back to life). Nothing good or groundbreaking story wise. The costume and name gets passed around. Nobody even care about the OG :lol:

it was just speculation due to the haircut and tat sleeve but now the costume matches so this might be the biggest confirmation yet

Oh I guess. I just remember it being a 100% forsure thing that was happening. He just needs to be useful or die already.

I think it's also supposedly the Japan setting that got it all started but visually the change in his look is what people are reaching on (used as clickbait?) so the theories started flying.

And nah, that isn't something Marvel will confirm especially since it's for the 4th Avengers film.

I can understand the want to do something with Hawkeye character arc wise but I think I would've just went dark.

Introducing his family was as odd and weird for AoU and almost in general for the character.

Massacre them so Hawkeye can go from this

Hawkeye-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-Clint-Barton-c.jpg

... to this

Ult_Hawkeye.jpg

Granted, I swear what Millar was going for in the ultimate version was almost some Hawkeye × Bullseye mix just so he could justify why dude was on the team.

But yeah, I don't got my pulse on this one cuz I'm not fan and don't know anybody that is. Like even in this thread there's just ppl who can tolerate Hawkeye :lol:

That's def Clint's Ronin costume. The comic is from when Blade was rocking it in Mighty Avengers when he was concealing his identity. After that Spider Hero costume. :lol:

THOR: RAGNAROK Star Jeff Goldblum Reveals Plans For Another TEAM THOR Short Starring The Grandmaster

Talking about what might come next for The Grandmaster during a recent interview, Jeff Goldblum revealed that we'll see him return in a short movie where he too winds up moving in with poor Daryl.

"So what happens? Well, I could go anywhere – I might knock on your door, and say hello. Guess who’s here? I shot a thing with Taika, where there’s a roommate in Australia. I show up at his, and I do knock on his door. And I take up residence in the little flat, as they say here. That’s what I do. And order things from the takeaway restaurant. Buy all the local foods."

Is it wrong that I'm STILL not feeling Thor.
Don't get me wrong it looks like a lot of fun and with it being close to IW makes its a must watch. I just have never seen a Thor film in theaters so the desire isn't really there and this will be the only Marvel film where when I do see it on the big screen it won't be opening weekend.
BP just has me waaaaay too hyped and I've always loved the hyped that comes from films that come right before or after an Avengers film, even if they aren't that good(cap1, IM3) it's all about the buildup or after affects.
and all I can see in my mind for the first credits scene for BP, showing Wakandans celebrating or just going about a normal day and Black Dwarve(or whoever) is just lurking, telling Thanos he's about to strike and has they show him walking up, they cut to black.
or if they show some trailer at for IW at the very end(like they did for A1 at the end of Cap1) or if they just show everyone's names one by one and say

"Will Return in Avengers: Infinity War.

I'm just over the moon that BP is being made at such a high quality but it also has the honor(to me it's a HUGE honor) to be the film that takes us to the Ultimate Avengers film.

The irony of this is I was thinking BP was gonna be the odd man out, but now I feel(in just my opinion) it's Thor, just want it to be February already

Back
Top Bottom