WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Thor: Ragnarok 7.1/8 Definitely will see again.

I loved how Hela was used in this. The fake scene, revealing the truth about the origins of Asgard, and I even liked how Surtur was used. Could've had a whole separate epic end fight if they wanted.

I also really appreciate these writers being smart enough to actually make use of Idris Elba. Heimdall low key the savior of Asgard.

Then Skurge. Wow they brought some real intrigue to the character with his choices, reluctant heel turn and then face turn sacrifice. I was worried he might be wasted but the character got meaningful moments in the few scenes he had.

Valkyrie was so good. Tessa bae did a great job.

The Pure Imagination song was a nice touch. Grandmaster killing his cousin :lol:

Thor recounts a tale from his and Loki's youth where the God of Mischief transformed himself into a snake, got picked up by the young Thor, and then returned to his regular form and stabbed his seven-year-old brother in the stomach.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yo I was dying at this out of blue childhood story. Just the way it was told. Unnecessarily complex just to stab Thor :lol:

Loved this movie only complaint was I wanted more out of the Fenris Wolf.
True.

He should've got to tear through some of the Asgardian soldiers. Plus his fight with Hulk should've had more to it.

So what happened to all the items in Odin's vault?
Loki used the skull of Surtur, I imagine he took the tesseract, I think the eternal flame is Surtur now, I can't recall any other items other than the fakes ones on the upper floor right now and they didn't matter.

Last edited:
Yeah this felt like something of an origin story for Hela so in that sense she was cool in this. I just wish more focus was on her.

I believe the eye of agamotto was in odins vault as well right?

I also liked some of the misdirected scenes they showed in promos and commercials and trailers.

Like in the Dr. Strange after credits he's sitting down with Thor AND Loki. In this movie its just Thor with basically the same topic.

Then there's the mjlonir being destroyed scene(s):

OaEvFPI.gif

Then what happened

tumblr_oxmc61V7871r19feno3_400.gif

I have to watch it again cause my boy swears that the scene where Thor asks Hulk “How did you get here” Hulk says “Whedon”

:rofl:

So the Warriors 3 were just unceremoniously killed? Kind of feel like they could have handled that better. Hogun got a better death than the other two at least.

watching tomorrow evening.
Going in like how I did with GOTG films. This is my first Thor theater experience

So the Warriors 3 were just unceremoniously killed? Kind of feel like they could have handled that better. Hogun got a better death than the other two at least.
I mean they never lived up to their name or their comic book counterparts.

Although I do feel Hela killed them too easily. They went out like red shirt fodder.

The now larger than life “FAKE!” scene is MCU royalty now. So clever and such a treat from the fans that were along for the ride from the beginning

I just watched Dr. Strange again last night and it was only Thor in that scene at the end.

Yeah it was just Thor in the post credit of Dr. Strange, but I think Thor says something like "Loki and I are looking for Odin" so that might be what you're thinking of.

Saw it last night, loved it as always. Marvel has just stacked greatness one after another. First two Thor's were easily surpassed here.

Funniest movie in the MCU, which I didn't expect. But the humor was really well done.

Thor lookin like Raiden half the movie. :lol:

Something I forgot to mention was I loved seeing Dr. Strange kinda look at Thor as beneath him. They stuck to his cocky attitude. And the way he dealt with Loki was comical. Also liked seeing the Celtic glyph made out of Thor’s hair for the spell.

One thing I'm concerned and get but don't like if it goes down is in the pursuit to obviously establish Thanos as a threat, that mid credits scene things doesn't look good.

I don't want Thanos to massacre the remaining Asgardians and then that leaves Thor and Strange or whoever to try to pull some time travel save.

Yeah it was just Thor in the post credit of Dr. Strange, but I think Thor says something like "Loki and I are looking for Odin" so that might be what you're thinking of.
Its basically the same thing in the movie but I for some reason just imagined Loki in a chair right next to Thor :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom