WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

The thing about Latinos wanting representation like the black panther is that the black panther is very representative of us also. I'm Half black/Puerto Rican So for many Puerto Ricans/Dominicans/Mexicans A lot of our culture is intertwined with African culture. Killmonger was representative of all of those people in a way, Hence how he said two billion people all around the world who needed help, he wasn't specifically talking about "African Americans"

Great point.

I believe Killmonger was mainly talking about people derived from the African diaspora. That would African Americans, Africans, people from the Caribbean, Latinos etc. So in that case whomever can feel proud.

Hell fam said oppressed people so that even broadens the scope even more.

28576768_10155309495382344_4073018745541319854_n.jpg
28472157_10155309495582344_5586080758283863454_n.jpg

28379198_10155309494787344_9163489749734613892_n.jpg
28379049_10155309494767344_4684661972064321304_n.jpg

28423583_10155309495587344_217039598485903145_o.jpg

28616875_10155309496162344_6090673712946457382_o.jpg
Groot handle on the hammer tho :pimp:

Gamora is an alien but Zoe Saldana is Puerto Rican/Dominican. Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield is Mexican, Darwin from First Class is supposed to be Latino.
I'm Dominican, I like the idea of a superhero that Latinos can look up to but will it ever feel right? Latinos are too diverse. It'll turn into "well, we have a Mexican hero", "now we need a Puerto Rican hero", "now we need a Colombian hero".

yeah cause Africans aren't diverse at all, a whole continent of different countries, and the the whole diaspora...

you could do it, the real problem is the lack of cinematic Latino characters in Marvel.

Coworkers surprised me today when they invited me to a group thing to watch infinity war on release day.

I'm down I like my coworkers, but we got to agree on the movie theater. I need to watch this at Dolby at times Square. If they're not down for that, I'm going to have to make up some excuse to dip lol

If somehow the stars align and we're all able to agree on theater and time, it'd be the first time I've watched a movie with a group in a very long time lol

This may be a clue as to how people are anticipating the movie. I've been working with the same people throughout all the marvel releases, and this is the first time we're talking about watching as a group

Last edited:
Coworkers surprised me today when they invited me to a group thing to watch infinity war on release day.

I'm down I like my coworkers, but we got to agree on the movie theater. I need to watch this at Dolby at times Square. If they're not down for that, I'm going to have to make up some excuse to dip lol

If somehow the stars align and we're all able to agree on theater and time, it'd be the first time I've watched a movie with a group in a very long time lol

Times Square got dolby? I heard it’s better than imax.

If I can that might be the move.

I've been watching at that dolby theater since thor ragnarok

Thor I sat far up and it was just ok

For BP I sat in the middle and I thought that was perfect.

Last edited:
I think it's more or less the same. Neighborhood 19 a person before taxes I believe

Lol I'll tell you when I buy tickets again. I think it'll be up in a few weeks.

What's a lot? How you like the imax by msg. Never been. Didn't even know there was an imax that near msg also, and I see the msg building at least once a week :lol: I must be blind

Ohhh that. Nah it's not that kind of restaurant. The closest one to that, that I know of is at south street seaport. That theater has a restaurant bar above the theater and a table right next to your seats to put your food.

Picture quality and sound is weak though

yeah cause Africans aren't diverse at all, a whole continent of different countries, and the the whole diaspora...

you could do it, the real problem is the lack of cinematic Latino characters in Marvel.

I never said that. Latin American countries aren't as united as some may think. There's a lot of nationalism and racism that keeps the countries from really being united as a whole. Black people in America saw this film as a united front, regardless of which African country they descend from. I think it'll be a little more divisive among Latino audiences.

I think for it to truly work, there would have to be various Latin American groups represented here.

A show like Orange Is The New Black has various representations of Latin America- Mexican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Colombian. I think that's why it has resonated with different people. It's a bad example mind you, minorities in jail is not a good example to follow but it's the best example in TV/film that comes to mind in recent memory.

Last edited:
I never said that. Latin American countries aren't as united as some may think. There's a lot of nationalism and racism that keeps the countries from really being united as a whole. Black people in America saw this film as a united front, regardless of which African country they descend from. I think it'll be a little more divisive among Latino audiences.

I think for it truly work, there would have to be various Latin American groups represented here.

Oh you're talking about african amricans and latino americas, specifically. I can agree yes latino americans are obviosly not as united as black americans.

but you could find a way to do it, the different tribes in Black Panther, found away to have nods to man different parts of africa. The black panthers being more southern africa, jabari being more western, Nakia's tribe being more eastern.

but like I said the biggest obstacle is the lack of cinematic latino marvel characters. Black Panther is just a wonderfully cinematic concept.

I think for it to truly work, there would have to be various Latin American groups represented here.

A show like Orange Is The New Black has various representations of Latin America- Mexican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Colombian. I think that's why it has resonated with different people. It's a bad example mind you, minorities in jail is not a good example to follow but it's the best example in TV/film that comes to mind in recent memory.
Yea you got to a point. I think to have that black panther effect it got to be a whole team of different latino american superheroes..not just one latino american

Yea, too bad that's not happening anytime soon

Back
Top Bottom