WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

The OG retro Spidey is from Queens. That's all that matters.
Ultimate-Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-Marvel-Comics-j.jpg

Queens>Bklyn
ariana-grande-face-slap-victorious-smack-1403630766m.gif

its not thats its imposing its more so like demeaning in that its only cuz BP is so successful

like you said pm came and went not a peep

but now bp poppin everyone knows they need a movie too

like if it was other people wanting what they deserve then BP shouldnt have been what made them aware

black/brown SHOULD support but the fact is it doesnt always happen

but when panthero negrito comes out ppl gonna expect black ppl to support right?
Well, Latinos supported Black Panther. I just think you're looking to be defensive a lot of the time. If anything, this should be looked at as a good thing in that it's creating more of a push in the right direction. The fact that BP doing damn near a billy in less than a month is nothing to sneeze at. It literally is one of the top performing releases of all-time. I think for you to think that a discussion wouldn't come from this is ignoring reality. Everyone went to see Black Panther. Black People, Hispanic People, Asian People...everyone.

This is one case where the projecting and defensiveness isn't warranted, man. Enjoy this moment.

panthero negrito

:rofl:

I was about to say that marvel aren't doing out of continuity movies anytime soon, but then I realize I'm forgetting that there's a chance the next phase is going to be about multiverses
Watching them CW DC shows got me hating the concept of multiverse :lol: I know Marvel will get it right.

its not thats its imposing its more so like demeaning in that its only cuz BP is so successful

like you said pm came and went not a peep

but now bp poppin everyone knows they need a movie too

like if it was other people wanting what they deserve then BP shouldnt have been what made them aware

black/brown SHOULD support but the fact is it doesnt always happen

but when panthero negrito comes out ppl gonna expect black ppl to support right?
BP is successful, but it had a built in fan base and the platform that Marvel built. Dr. Strange almost did $700mil and I don't know anyone personally that went to the theater to see it. GoG was barely known by even comic book fans and did nearly $800mil, 4 years ago. This is a beast that Marvel built, they made the right choice by having an already accomplished director do his thing with a $200mil budget. But if Coogler makes up his own superhero and uses the same cast does he get $200mil to make it? What would it do at the box office? Creed or Avenger numbers?

I hope Marvel continues to spread the love.

The Hispanic community isn’t going to worry about anyone else supporting. They have enough consumer power to have 6 major international broadcast networks rolling.

Marvel is catering to an international audience. They are going to make movies that make them bank. Tapping into segments of the population whether based on race or gender is most certainly a strategy.

This is a golden age for movies and nerds, why wouldn’t you want everyone to be able to enjoy it the same?

Well, Latinos supported Black Panther. I just think you're looking to be defensive a lot of the time. If anything, this should be looked at as a good thing in that it's creating more of a push in the right direction. The fact that BP doing damn near a billy in less than a month is nothing to sneeze at. It literally is one of the top performing releases of all-time. I think for you to think that a discussion wouldn't come from this is ignoring reality. Everyone went to see Black Panther. Black People, Hispanic People, Asian People...everyone.

This is one case where the projecting and defensiveness isn't warranted, man. Enjoy this moment.
:rofl:

BP is successful, but it had a built in fan base and the platform that Marvel built. Dr. Strange almost did $700mil and I don't know anyone personally that went to the theater to see it. GoG was barely known by even comic book fans and did nearly $800mil, 4 years ago. This is a beast that Marvel built, they made the right choice by having an already accomplished director do his thing with a $200mil budget. But if Coogler makes up his own superhero and uses the same cast does he get $200mil to make it? What would it do at the box office? Creed or Avenger numbers?

I hope Marvel continues to spread the love.

The Hispanic community isn’t going to worry about anyone else supporting. They have enough consumer power to have 6 major international broadcast networks rolling.

Marvel is catering to an international audience. They are going to make movies that make them bank. Tapping into segments of the population whether based on race or gender is most certainly a strategy.

This is a golden age for movies and nerds, why wouldn’t you want everyone to be able to enjoy it the same?

i think yall are conflating the success of bp with a complaint about other races

my issue is simply the notion that black people have bp so wheres our superhero?

imo it reads like if black people have something to be proud of we should too/first

I'm not racist because im a strong individual mentally. But we as African Americans need to start building and giving each other knowledge that some of our lost people dont have. Meaning that we need to start being selfish to uplift our own because our buildings/houses have been destroyed,meaning our past legacy and thought process has been kidnapped and destroyed over time. I've done business with the majority of races we all know of. I recognize that they put there own people first before any other race.

The majority of African Americans don't think this way. I've had Mexican business partners have there families/friends get highly pissed off for him doing business with someone that isn't of his race. It's happened repeatedly with other races as well. When African Americans get in a position of owning business. We usually deal with other individuals who arent of our own,because the blacks who are in it don't want to deal with there own because of how were mentally engineered,or its not that many blacks in that field.

What im saying is that every race needs to fight there own fight and stop riding off of the coattails of the BLACK struggle. Because from my experience,the majority of non African Americans are going to sit back in the stands and criticize and spew hate on us while teaming up with our oppressors while were on the battle field. Then they try to gain recognition off of our wins after the game. They failed to realize the world doesn't work like that. All of these other races want to dress,sound,think like us 24/7.

But they dont want to fight there war with us at all. Basically yall need to get talented writers and directors of yalls race to hit up Marvel to do that. We've always had to be exceptional in our work/talents to be exceptional above the rest. That's why we dominate whenever get in a field and master the techniques of said profession,while doing it with less resources compared to our counterparts. They'll never be a movie as great as Black Panther when it comes to uplifting a race of people.

It's to many undertones/metaphorical meanings that deals with the Black struggle that will go over the regular ignorant persons mind. They didn't shove the religion mental doctoring in the movie,i really loved that about the movie. Africans/Kemetic teachings where around 100,s of years before religions where created. African to African Americans relationships aspect in the movie. The mental relationship between the Black Man and Black Woman is in the movie. Aspects of how the resources from our land have been stolen is in it.

Spiritual/Consiscouness without religion to know self. Parenting in our community. Coogler dived in the issues of our issues and mutated the storyline inside of the Character of Black Panther. Every race can have there own movie. But it won't uplift there people like BP did for us. Because there storyline of the movie was to wake our people up in a subliminal way. No matter what people in here say. This wasn't your stereotypical Hollywood super hero movie. That's why our own supported it so strong. Like David Banner said recently.

I'm really surprised the movie industry let this movie come out. Star Wars is the only franchise that can compare to the Avengers and Black Panther. Notice how Star Wars dealt with praising and internalizing there Ancestors as Gods instead of pushing the religion doctoring. People need to wake up. Stars Wars was definitely ahead of its time.

How do we get all this from one individual asking where the Latino superhero is?

I still see it as a valid question and don't see it as Latino's trying to ride some kind of coat tails. I think to say that is disrespectful.

But my perspective is skewed being Black and Puerto Rican, because I am equally passionate about both struggles and I see them as one in the same. Taking this approach (my Latino brothers and sisters could do a lot to repair the relationship between the Black and Latin communities as well) is only serving to cause more disarray and allowing those in power to continue on in power while we argue Black ******* Panther vs. Proud Mary to try to prove that Latinos are just swagger jacking.

Y'all ****** gotta start seeing the other impoverished folks going through the same things as allies and not an enemy looking to take something away from you. Infighting between these minority groups has helped to keep us behind since both of us got here. Why don't we take a different approach?

I'm not racist because im a strong individual mentally. But we as African Americans need to start building and giving each other knowledge that some of our lost people dont have. Meaning that we need to start being selfish to uplift our own because our buildings/houses have been destroyed,meaning our past legacy and thought process has been kidnapped and destroyed over time. I've done business with the majority of races we all know of. I recognize that they put there own people first before any other race.

The majority of African Americans don't think this way. I've had Mexican business partners have there families/friends get highly pissed off for him doing business with someone that isn't of his race. It's happened repeatedly with other races as well. When African Americans get in a position of owning business. We usually deal with other individuals who arent of our own,because the blacks who are in it don't want to deal with there own because of how were mentally engineered,or its not that many blacks in that field.

What im saying is that every race needs to fight there own fight and stop riding off of the coattails of the BLACK struggle. Because from my experience,the majority of non African Americans are going to sit back in the stands and criticize and spew hate on us while teaming up with our oppressors while were on the battle field. Then they try to gain recognition off of our wins after the game. They failed to realize the world doesn't work like that. All of these other races want to dress,sound,think like us 24/7.

But they dont want to fight there war with us at all. Basically yall need to get talented writers and directors of yalls race to hit up Marvel to do that. We've always had to be exceptional in our work/talents to be exceptional above the rest. That's why we dominate whenever get in a field and master the techniques of said profession,while doing it with less resources compared to our counterparts. They'll never be a movie as great as Black Panther when it comes to uplifting a race of people.

It's to many undertones/metaphorical meanings that deals with the Black struggle that will go over the regular ignorant persons mind. They didn't shove the religion mental doctoring in the movie,i really loved that about the movie. Africans/Kemetic teachings where around 100,s of years before religions where created. African to African Americans relationships aspect in the movie. The mental relationship between the Black Man and Black Woman is in the movie. Aspects of how the resources from our land have been stolen is in it.

Spiritual/Consiscouness without religion to know self. Parenting in our community. Coogler dived in the issues of our issues and mutated the storyline inside of the Character of Black Panther. Every race can have there own movie. But it won't uplift there people like BP did for us. Because there storyline of the movie was to wake our people up in a subliminal way. No matter what people in here say. This wasn't your stereotypical Hollywood super hero movie. That's why our own supported it so strong. Like David Banner said recently.

I'm really surprised the movie industry let this movie come out. Star Wars is the only franchise that can compare to the Avengers and Black Panther. Notice how Star Wars dealt with praising and internalizing there Ancestors as Gods instead of pushing the religion doctoring. People need to wake up. Stars Wars was definitely ahead of its time.

qfe

Y'all *****s gotta start seeing the other impoverished folks going through the same things as allies and not an enemy looking to take something away from you. Infighting between these minority groups has helped to keep us behind since both of us got here. Why don't we take a different approach?

thats what we always do

we accept

the problem is those that "ride coattails" and harbor sentiments of the oppressor

if latinos wanted a bp they could just say that but to base it off of bp is disingenious

Curious if IM losses his right hand and can transform it to that blaster gun aka Mega Man style.

But we're basing this whole argument off the tweet of one individual we've never even met. How can we, going off that tweet, make a broader statement that Latinos don't support us, but they ride our coat tails.

Like I said, the beefing goes both ways. I get that. Having a Black father and a Puerto Rican mother, I still see a lot of the ignorance and prejudice between our communities. I just choose to think that we are going through the same struggle. And regardless of the color of my skin, when I fight for equality, I'm fighting for equality. Not Latino equality or Black equality. The things we ask for are exactly the same. Why do we always speak as if we are fighting for completely different goals?

I don't know man. I'm rambling at this point because I'm kind of surprised by how rabid you two sound in trying to keep Black Panther for yourself and Black folks only. I get taking care of us, but at a certain point we're just being as isolated and selfish as the people we hate.

thats what we always do

we accept

the problem is those that "ride coattails" and harbor sentiments of the oppressor

if latinos wanted a bp they could just say that but to base it off of bp is disingenious
Somebody had to be first to be fairly represented. Marvel chose Black Panther. They will decide if/when someone else gets a shot.

Ms Marvel is going to be hard to put together

Just for the fact that I don't think there are many Pakistani Americans working in Hollywood. I'd imagine they'd have to put together a nationwide casting call and find someone who hasn't acted before.

I'd love an Asian American represented in Hollywood. Aside from the new Hulk, can't think of anyone else for marvel studios to use

Somebody had to be first to be fairly represented. Marvel chose Black Panther. They will decide if/when someone else gets a shot.

exactly

but people arent looking at marvel saying why arent they represented

they are looking at bp and its success

thats what i find problematic

I'm Latino. I saw BP opening weekend. Saw Blade 1 when that was in theaters, saw Spawn twice in theaters. Black superheroes are dope. I own every MCU movie on Blu-Ray, I dig most of them. I don't think it's a bad thing if other races want to see their people represented as long as they show up for other heroes. BP did mega numbers so everybody showed up. I was there with my Avengers shirt, BP beanie on some hood nerd ****. I was disappointed that I didn't see any dashikis that night. I think it's cool that people showed up dressed in African attire across the globe.

Back
Top Bottom