WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

BP is successful, but it had a built in fan base and the platform that Marvel built. Dr. Strange almost did $700mil and I don't know anyone personally that went to the theater to see it. GoG was barely known by even comic book fans and did nearly $800mil, 4 years ago. This is a beast that Marvel built, they made the right choice by having an already accomplished director do his thing with a $200mil budget. But if Coogler makes up his own superhero and uses the same cast does he get $200mil to make it? What would it do at the box office? Creed or Avenger numbers?

I hope Marvel continues to spread the love.

The Hispanic community isn’t going to worry about anyone else supporting. They have enough consumer power to have 6 major international broadcast networks rolling.

Marvel is catering to an international audience. They are going to make movies that make them bank. Tapping into segments of the population whether based on race or gender is most certainly a strategy.

This is a golden age for movies and nerds, why wouldn’t you want everyone to be able to enjoy it the same?
That is another great point.

Hispanics wouldn't expect or need anybody else to come out and support.

You make a good to great movie with a Latino(a) lead that movie is easily doing a billi.

How much of that is because they'd pick a fair skinned Latina so that white folks feel comfortable supporting? You know it's how they always cast Latinas.:lol:

I'm only worried about fixing and persevering my own people at this point in time. There's good people in every race. I'm not disputing that at all. I use to think that were all 1 BS also. But in the real world its about empowering your for own people. Everything else doesn't matter when it comes to finances/society/business. Even though it's about education and money out here. I've seen to many times that it's a racial power move behind the scenes.

You can be way more educated than the others competing for that job. Whoever is in the position to hire. Will hire someone of his or her race,even if that person isnt as qualified as the other person who is. The same with business. People will do business with there own before someone else who doesn't look like them. I keep seeing it done over and over. Sad part about it all. We have plenty of people that could build up new Black Wallstreets from state to state for the benefit of people to have our own communities that could flourish.

But we have to reprogram our own people mentally before that happens. Imagine America without the inventions and Talent and intellectual power of my people. And if we were located somewhere with our own country. We dont get enough credit. I dont know where yall stay at. But i travel alot. Let's just say it's not all cumbiya and peaceful out here when it comes race relationships. Thats from inner cities to the suburbs.

The president and people showing there true colors to that. I actually like how it is now. Compared to how people hid there prejudice/racial views behind closed doors.

That is another great point.

Hispanics wouldn't expect or need anybody else to come out and support.

You make a good to great movie with a Latino(a) lead that movie is easily doing a billi.
You know Marvel has a war room somewhere with what audience they can attach to the cbm fans. They are on some Nike/apple steez right now.

How much of that is because they'd pick a fair skinned Latina so that white folks feel comfortable supporting? You know it's how they always cast Latinas.:lol:
As long as JLo not in there. Eva, Rosario, Tessa, Dania, Zoe. Biggest challenge is finding a hero in the Marvel lineup they can develop.

Yeah nah, no Cardi slander b.

Cardi too ghetto, plus I'm from the Bronx so I'm biased.

We been throwing up Wakanda for decades in the X.:pimp:

IMG_4120.JPG

what you guys think about this?

Actress Says She Passed on ‘Black Panther’ Role Because She’s a ‘Biracial, Light-Skinned American’

Amandla Stenberg says she walked away from “Black Panther” because her skin complexion is lighter than that of the other cast members, and she wanted to give “darker-skinned” actors a space.

“One of the most challenging things for me to do was to walk away from ‘Black Panther,'” she told CBC. “I got really, really close and they were like, ‘do you want to continue fighting for this?’ And I was like, this isn’t right.”

She added, “These are all dark skin actors playing Africans and I feel like it would have just been off to see m as a bi-racial American with a Nigerian accent just pretending that I’m the same colour as everyone else in the movie.”

“That was really challenging, to make that decision, but I have no regrets,” she continued. “I recognize 100 percent that there are spaces that I should not take up and when I do take up a space it’s because I’ve thought really, really critically about it and I’ve consulted people I really trust and it feels right.”

The “Everything, Everything” actress also talked to Essence Magazine about dropping out out of playing T’Challa’s sister, Shuri (Letitia Wright).

“I was in the audition process for it, then I decided to not continue with the process because I thought that it wouldn’t be right for me as a biracial, light-skinned American to be playing [the role],” she said. “I don’t think visually it [would’ve] make sense and it wasn’t appropriate for me to go after that role. ‘Black Panther’ is one of the only films that we have that has darker-skinned representation. That’s what was so beautiful about it.”

Before the film came out I knew this was coming. Told my bro the think pieces would be coming out piping hot but they haven’t.

I don’t eem care tho. An African nation untouched by the Trans Atlantic slave trade or Migration and mixing from the north how were they suppose to look.

And with all that being said the Dora Killmonger murked was def light.

Turn down a leading role for a Marvel movie in this day and age? Nah b.

Sis is too woke.

Or grab one of the joints from orange is the new black :lol: I know the older one is a teacher in Homecoming.
I haven't watched the recent season, how could I forget about all my sexy ladies there.

For any of them, that would be a huge leap in status though but all of them are all real good actors.

I haven't watched the recent season, how could I forget about all my sexy ladies there.

For any of them, that would be a huge leap in status though but all of them are all real good actors.
At the rate Marvel is going at lesser known up and coming actors are gonna have to be their go to.

funny thing I was about to comment on FB about this same thing.

For me I really respect it because dark skin -black women or maybe I should say "more pure Sub-Saharan African women" are never really given a spotlight in Hollywood as much as the lighter tone ones that usually have European centric features that are much more accepted. She didnt have to, but I respect for her it.

One of the Dora Milage was light skin as hell, so I gave the casting team props for including my light skin people all together

The thing about Latinos wanting representation like the black panther is that the black panther is very representative of us also. I'm Half black/Puerto Rican So for many Puerto Ricans/Dominicans/Mexicans A lot of our culture is intertwined with African culture. Killmonger was representative of all of those people in a way, Hence how he said two billion people all around the world who needed help, he wasn't specifically talking about "African Americans"

Back
Top Bottom