WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I mean. I understand being upset that the movie left on a cliffhanger, but I think it's obvious where the direction is headed.. I don't think the direction of the part 2 movie has to be spelled out..

These aren't indie art house films where things are left deliberately ambiguous so obviously, we as an audience expect them to find a way to reverse what happened, kick Thanos' butt, and sing Kumbaya at the end

And I'm also not suggesting they lay out their entire plan at the end for Part 2,,, but having someone or something convey that all hope isn't lost would have gone a long way in getting me hyped for the next film the way Fellowship, Back to the Future Part 2, and other films have done in the past

Could it be possible that the greatest loss is still yet to come? Of course at the end of it all the avengers will prevail major sacrifice may be necessary.

At this point nothing is off the table.

Oh for sure, this was just a little taste, im positive we lost vision and Gamora for good...either Tony and/or Cap go next...willing to bet one sacrifices for the other or both make the sacrifice for the squad....but those two characters won’t make it out

thanos-infinity-gauntlet-snap.jpg

was so happy thanos shut all that cheering down. would have been lame if they had left this out.

Could it be possible that the greatest loss is still yet to come? Of course at the end of it all the avengers will prevail major sacrifice may be necessary.

Agreed.

Question for y'all.

Seeing as the BO is only down to 1 member, does Thanos have other members who can join the BO?

Or does he have a seperate crew somewhere?

These aren't indie art house films where things are left deliberately ambiguous so obviously, we as an audience expect them to find a way to reverse what happened, kick Thanos' butt, and sing Kumbaya at the end

And I'm also not suggesting they lay out their entire plan at the end for Part 2,,, but having someone or something convey that all hope isn't lost would have gone a long way in getting me hyped for the next film (which I understand it doesn't really need to considering how fun these films are)

I think that was the point of the Capt Marvel logo on the pager....all hope isn’t lost.

I will say Gamorra is the most nerfed character of all. At no point in any film did she feel like the most feared woman in the Galaxy and Thanos' natural successor.

Made it like BW could wash her.

Maybe I just didn’t expect anything different than what this film delivered, it was said countless times this was THANOS film, he was to be the star, right off the bat I never bought this wasn’t a 1of 2 parts, this was gonna be the first half where the villain wins and the heroes are left defeated, with the second film being about the heroes and how they prevail.

I will say Gamorra is the most nerfed character of all. At no point in any film did she feel like the most feared woman in the Galaxy and Thanos' natural successor.

Made it like BW could wash her.

Yeah a lot of characters were nrfed in power...the biggest foul committed by these directors is the power boost given to Widow...how she not ever get washed!?...by no one.

Uhh Lame. Why would you put that on the Russos? A person who hasn't seen any of the 19 previous movies shouldn't be able to understand IW. What's wrong with you lol

Because the Russo’s claimed this film could stand alone yet we need A4 to complete this story. I took it as Blaster saying IW isn’t a “self contained” film and not that people couldn’t watch IW without watching all the previous 18 MCU films before hand.

That makes things so exciting...

I liked that Thanos had Gamora hostage and thinking that Peter was really going to have to kill Gamora. I was scared but it gave me a thrill realizing that wasn't completely off the table...that all kinds of stuff was possible.

Yeah, you're right. I am glad they put that in there.

A lot of pressure on her and her film too considering the stakes involved

Yup that’s what I said earlier, setting her up to be the MCUs Supes comes with a lot of pressure, like her solo film has to be top 3 and that’s allllloooottt to ask....they gonna have to promo the ***** out of her character so that everyone can be on board with how much weight her character holds....I have confidence in their casting and I like Brie but I stand by saying that the one lead actress that could have had such impact was charlize....she’s a ****** G.

I will say this about the wakanda shield... they let it down because a couple aliens might go to the back....... ahhhhh send some guys to the back to kill them??? LOL

Maybe open and close it over and over let just a couple in at a time like everyone does on Diablo??

Oh for sure, this was just a little taste, im positive we lost vision and Gamora for good...either Tony and/or Cap go next...willing to bet one sacrifices for the other or both make the sacrifice for the squad....but those two characters won’t make it out

This may sound like a cop out, I prefer nobody die honestly. I'd rather this be the last adventure for the Phase 1 characters, pass the baton to the phase 2/3 characters and then go off and live in peace. Stark marries Pepper, Rogers retires and catches up with time in general, Widow well who knows what she likes to do. Rather than have another death of superman funeral (or 2, or 3) at the end of A4.

Maybe I just didn’t expect anything different than what this film delivered, it was said countless times this was THANOS film, he was to be the star, right off the bat I never bought this wasn’t a 1of 2 parts, this was gonna be the first half where the villain wins and the heroes are left defeated, with the second film being about the heroes and how they prevail.

Like I mentioned initially it’s the snap people have a problem with. Everyone knew the snap was coming. They spoon fed you with it in the trailers and the film by mentioning twice before it happened. It’s that the snap lacks conviction. It killed the most convenient people. And left the main heroes alive that are used to fighting together. And then Thanos doesn’t seem ominpotent afterwards. He seemed like a burden had been lifted off of him more than he seemed happy. And he didn’t seem omnipotent either. Let’s not even talk about the comics, this ain’t even the same Thanos from Guardians 1. If the film ended with him sitting on his throne cheesing hard as hell in a real “bad guy you love to hate” type of deal I don’t think the ending would’ve been critiqued as hard cause we as viewers would have been given more conviction that Thanos won, the heroes lost, game over. We got this weird left for interpretation ending which is corny.

This may sound like a cop out, I prefer nobody die honestly. I'd rather this be the last adventure for the Phase 1 characters, pass the baton to the phase 2/3 characters and then go off and live in peace. Stark marries Pepper, Rogers retires and catches up with time in general, Widow well who knows what she likes to do. Rather than have another death of superman funeral (or 2, or 3) at the end of A4.

Widow just hands Ls she’s immortal at this point....not even sure why they need Capt Marvel....how they gonna manage those two super powered women on screen?

Yup that’s what I said earlier, setting her up to be the MCUs Supes comes with a lot of pressure, like her solo film has to be top 3 and that’s allllloooottt to ask....they gonna have to promo the ***** out of her character so that everyone can be on board with how much weight her character holds....I have confidence in their casting and I like Brie but I stand by saying that the one lead actress that could have had such impact was charlize....she’s a ****** G.
I am excited for Cap Marvel movie just because I want to witness her power set.

They be hyping DF out of her power, between the post credit and Feige's quote.

Look at what Feige said here, in an interview from long ago:

All of the Marvel characters have flaws to them, all of them have a deep humanity to them. With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had. It’s important, then, to counterbalance that with someone who feels real. She needs to have a humanity to tap into, and Brie can do that.

Yeah, the challenge for her too is that she's not a well-known commodity like your Spider-Mans, Hulks, Captain Americas, etc.

Of course there was a time when Dr Strange, Iron Man, and Thor weren't well-known to the public either so I have faith they'll do her character justice. But ask any random on the street if they know who Captain Marvel is and what she can do;; I'm sure you'll get a lot of blank stares lol

Thanos didn't hit IM with the fatal blow. Strange made a deal with Thanos to spare him in exchange for the Time Stone. IM is crucial to the path to victory much to the delight of #TeamStark.

I'm seeing a Hancock type of deal with Captain Marvel. I hope it plays out better.

Back
Top Bottom