WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

IW and BP Exposes the MCU’s Biggest Flaw
How-Black-Panther-sets-up-Avengers-Infinity-War.jpg

Tight production turn arounds have compromised the quality of the CGI.

Avatar came out 9 years ago and the CGI in that movie ***** all over their work. The reason why Winter Soldier is regarded as the best MCU flick is because the CGI is kept to a minimum in terms of the sets(or they did a better job with the type of CGI they had to do).

The third time watching Infinity War, I couldn’t help but notice how fake Titan looked during the non action scenes

Maybe it’s because the screen time/ sequences were so short, they didn’t feel the need to put in more time/effort/money.

They could’ve shot it in New Mexico or some random desert. The same with Black Panther

Both movies would’ve been better if not for the lack of detail with the CGI. But because of the tight windows to make these movies, they really can’t. Which is sad if you stop to reflect. And it’s not like the don’t have the money to do it

My advice to Feige and Disney

1. Stop announcing movies years in advance.

2. Allocate marketing dollars to VFX departments.

3. Stop being blinded by your success. It only reinforces bad habits, and thus degrade the brand.

4. Stop making Star Wars movies that nobody wants to see.

If you gotta watch a movie three times to get taken out of your element and notice these things, it’s not that bad IMO.

If you get taken out of the story the first time around - then yeah the CGI ain’t ****. To me, I didn’t think twice that Thanos was a completely CGI character the first time around. And I knew he was going into the movie.

I posted this three months ago about why the VFX on these films are kinda iffy. Quick turnaround is one of the reasons.

Another possibility is that they are outsourcing the VFX and CGI to the lowest possible bidders for the quickest turnaround. Watch the film credits and you get to sections where there's a whole stack of only South Asian and Chinese last names. Those are the employees of the VFX/computer animation studios contracted to do the CGI.

I work in the tech industry and it was inevitable that this would happen as movies put more and more emphasis on CGI.

What a dumb argument. CGI does work when used correctly. some characters require it. Look at X-3 juggernaut. Maybe the worst movie adaptation of a character of all time. OG Jurassic park might be the best of both worlds.

OG Jurassic park might be the best of both worlds.

Agreed. "Jurassic Park" is one of my all-time favourite films and I re-watch it a couple times a year.

The great thing with JP was how they mixed practical effects with CGI. But they did it in a way as to minimize the drawbacks of the new tech by having the T-Rex attack take place in the rain.

The one thing that smart directors and VFX artists/engineers understand is the weight of the object or person. A lot of bad CGI makes it look like the person is almost weightless/floating ala Matrix Reloaded and the first Spider-Man.

Lol Disney/Marvel is going to keep production on course and will just divert resources to where they want cgi to be the best

Probably why the end of Bp's cgi was what it was and IW's cgi was so good

The turnaround to Captain Marvel is going to be so quick... It's still filming and it's release in March. In the meantime A4 has been filmed.. So for the next yr we'll probably see the same pattern where Captain Marvel's cgi will be Ehh in some spots but A4's cgi will be incredible.

I have no problem with that. Resources are finite and you have to divert it to your top priority.

A DC fanboy/Marvel hater talking about having higher standards :rofl:

Dudes with the lowered standards for years embracing **** movies bending over backwards to the point they're claiming they have higher standards.

Madness.
To be fair, no one's looking to any of them dudes as tastemakers.

BP's cgi wasn't great, it was glaring so I get that, but you'd have to reach for IW. Especially to look through how well done Thanos was to nitpick moments. It's a waste of time trying to find bad cgi instead of just enjoying the moment. If you really a cgi connoisseur you'd find **** like the pager or a random car or some ****.

Never been a cgi elitist like that.

BP cgi didn't bother me much.

It's only when its egregious for me and **** looks consistently weird in multiple scenes where I count that as a criticism.

Rather focus on the story and acting.

Last edited:
Never been a cgi elitist like that.

BP chi didn't bother me much.

It's only when its egregious for me and **** looks consistently weird in multiple scenes where I count that as a criticism.

Rather focus on the story and acting.

I'm far from an elitist, but that last fight stuck out like a sore thumb :lol: then afterwards I saw folks calling out the other stuff I didn't even see. I thought that fight was the only offender

Still my favorite in the MCU tho

Back
Top Bottom