WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Anybody pick up any of those Marvel x Vans pairs? I copped the Black Panther pair. That Captain Marvel pair is looking nice too though.

So Infinity War is not just going to hit 2 billion, but it's going to be the fastest movie to hit 2 billion...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...ar-top-2-billion-in-record-time/#315eed16153c

The fun question this weekend is whether or not Avengers: Infinity War can fend off dinosaur-sized competition from Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom to cross the $2 billion mark by Sunday night. With around $647 million domestic and $1.975b heading into the weekend, it will almost certainly cross the arbitrary $650m milestone in domestic box office earnings. Amusingly enough, it may well top $2b worldwide on Monday which in-turn may also be the day it “finally” drops below $1m-per day in domestic day-to-day grosses.

If that happens, it’ll have earned $1 million per day for the first 45 days of release, putting it right alongside the likes of The Force Awakens, Jurassic World and Spider-Man. Wonder Woman dropped on day 47, while Black Panther, The Avengers and Frozen dropped on day 53. Jurassic Park and Shrek held out for 55 days before dipping below $1m while Phantom Menace (61 days), Avatar (81 days) and Titanic (102 days) are the record holders on that count.

Still, there are only five other movies that have passed $650 million domestic, namely Jurassic World (104 days), Titanic (uh… 14.5 years), Black Panther (45 days), Avatar (58 days) and The Force Awakens (14 days). Presuming it happens on Saturday, Infinity War will be the second-fastest such flick just one day ahead of Black Panther and… uh… 30 days behind Star Wars 7. Yet another reason that Force Awakens’ record-breaking run shouldn’t necessarily be held against any other movie.

It should pass the domestic gross of Jurassic World ($652 million in 2015) on Sunday to make it the fifth-biggest domestic earner of all time, sans inflation. If Avengers: Infinity War becomes the third movie to top $2 billion global in its initial release by Sunday, it’ll be the fastest movie ever to do so, tying Avatar (47 days) and crossing the milestone seven days faster than Force Awakens (54 days). Of course, I think all parties will survive if it takes a few more days than Avatar. It’s not like the overall global gross for Avengers 3 is any real threat to Titanic ($2.1b including the 2012 reissue) and Avatar ($2.78b).

So we’ll see this weekend if A) Avengers: Infinity War can cross $650 million domestic in 45 days or less, B) if Avengers: Infinity War can top $2 billion worldwide in a record-tying 47 days and C) if Black Panther can finally be dragged kicking-and-screaming in protest across the $700m domestic milestone. Fun fact: Spectre spend 61 days (!) hovering between $199m domestic and $200m domestic back in 2016. Oh, and we’ll see how Avengers: Infinity War fares against the other live-action mega-movie of summer 2018, as Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom makes its 48-market overseas debut over the next few days.

lamekilla lamekilla your thoughts?

I mean, you did say once that IW would be lucky to hit 1.6 billion

:nerd:

^^ eh, I didn’t think people were that easily impressed. Now we’ve given Disney the green light to put any type of quality on screen.

maxresdefault.jpg

Didn't antman and wasp hook up at the end of antman 1? Seems like there is no type of that chemistry carried over into the sequel.

On the week A4 comes out I'm probably seeing it every day that week.... See it at all my favorite theaters

Once at the imax in lincoln square

Once at the dolby in times square

Once at the iPic at south street seaport

And...

ok I don't have too many favorite theaters..

Once again at the imax in lincoln square...

How do you like the iPic at Seaport compared to Lincoln Sq IMAX and Dolby Times Square?

Those two are my favorites theaters also but I remember after watching IW at Dolby Times Square and comparing it to Lincoln Square IMAX a week later it was almost night and day just because of the size of the screen. I noticed so many details in the Thanos CGI during my Lincoln Square IMAX showing that left me in awe of just how good it was; like the pores in his skin, the sweat and oil, and tiny fuzzy barely visible little hairs.

How do you like the iPic at Seaport compared to Lincoln Sq IMAX and Dolby Times Square?

Those two are my favorites theaters also but I remember after watching IW at Dolby Times Square and comparing it to Lincoln Square IMAX a week later it was almost night and day just because of the size of the screen. I noticed so many details in the Thanos CGI during my Lincoln Square IMAX showing that left me in awe of just how good it was; like the pores in his skin, the sweat and oil, and tiny fuzzy barely visible little hairs.
The size of the Lincoln imax was huge but I think I might actually prefer the Dolby picture. The lighting and color kinda seemed off to me at some spots on the imax picture.

Where I noticed it first was during the outdoor scene when Pepper and Tony was talking. The lighting during that scene seemed better for Dolby compared to the imax picture.

As far as ipic at south street seaport. I like it but if I'm watching a big event movie for the first time I wouldn't watch it there. The screen and sound is not that impressive. The reasons why you would go there is for the seats, the bar inside the theater and south street seaport.

Anybody pick up any of those Marvel x Vans pairs? I copped the Black Panther pair. That Captain Marvel pair is looking nice too though.
I grabbed the black panther pair and the Spider-Man pair. You can customize a pair on the Van's site so I'm probably gonna do that too

Cloak and Dagger got to speed up the pace a little bit but I think it's better than the Runaways already.

The leads are very good actors

Going to be a dope show for sure.

Cloak and Dagger got to speed up the pace a little bit but I think it's better than the Runaways already.

The leads are very good actors

Going to be a dope show for sure.
You keep repeating that you think it'll be better than Runaways and now that it is better than Runaways.

It doesn't mean anything.

If they get the xmen, I finally wanna see rogue done right and have her steal captain marvel’s powers like the fox cartoon.

rfx45 rfx45

Watching Thor on Netflix and yeah Thor mentions that Odin said she was worthy. Guess since he cast her out, he never took the power away and that's why she was able to lift mjolnir.

IW is like being down 3-1 in the finals

A4 is roaring back to win in 7 games.

A4 is going to make so much money. Marvel is going to drown in it.

I'd push forward A4 even deeper into April. Give it a chance to make a run at Avatar's money.

Back
Top Bottom