WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

:lol: you guys should realize by now that everything I say is rooted in fact, whether you want to admit it or not. Like mentioned above, Brie came off a certain way after that tweet. Beyond that nobody asked for a Captain Marvel movie. She cameo status after her film. But I digress.

Is it Square Enix doing the Avengers game? Disney getting that back scratch after years of Kingdom Hearts. I’m intrigued. After what Insomniac did with what I think is about to be the GOTY in Spider-Man I’m excited for what else Marvel can do with a AAA title.

I just need Marvel and Capcom to stop being weird with each other :rolleyes

‘Shang-Chi’ Marvel’s First Asian Film Superhero Franchise; Dave Callaham Scripting, Search On For Director Of Asian Descent

Marvel Studios is fast-tracking Shang-Chi to be its first superhero movie tentpole franchise with an Asian protagonist. The studio has set Chinese-American scribe Dave Callaham to write the screenplay, and Deadline hears Marvel is already looking at a number of Asian and Asian-American directors who want to do something as potentially monumental as was accomplished in Marvel’s first viable Best Picture candidate, Black Panther. That film tied into African and African American cultures and the sensibilities of its nearly all-black cast, with a black director in Ryan Coogler and writer in Joe Robert Cole. The goal here is to do a similar thing: introduce a new hero who blends Asian and Asian American themes, crafted by Asian and Asian American filmmakers.

I knew Shang-Chi would eventually happen but I thought it would be a tv show, a film is a nice surprise. Marvel needs to hire the Raid guys for at least the fighting choreography.

I knew Shang-Chi would eventually happen but I thought it would be a tv show, a film is a nice surprise. Marvel needs to hire the Raid guys for at least the fighting choreography.

still amazed when i looked up dude who did the raid movies and found it it was someone who looked like this:

gareth-evans.jpg

but marvel needs to get him on something.. would love to see him do a proper wolverine when he went to japan.. but any of the hand to hand combat guys i could see him doing work with

hopefully DC lets him do the deathstroke movie still.. shhh could get really real if they go with some of the origins they used in the animated movie 'son of batman' where he was a former member of the league of assassins

I’m not too sure about a Shang-Chi film. I would love to see one but I don’t know how they could do it with out being too on the nose with Far East stereotypes. Like Marvel was terrified to even do the Ancient One or a proper Mandarin on film. I’m also not too pleased with how Marvel has handled Iron Fist but that’s a whole other thread... can we get a Ka-Zar film?? Like we have to go to the Savage Lands anyway pretty soon since. Kevin Plunder da gawdddd

I’m not too sure about a Shang-Chi film. I would love to see one but I don’t know how they could do it with out being too on the nose with Far East stereotypes. Like Marvel was terrified to even do the Ancient One or a proper Mandarin on film. I’m also not too pleased with how Marvel has handled Iron Fist but that’s a whole other thread... can we get a Ka-Zar film?? Like we have to go to the Savage Lands anyway pretty soon since. Kevin Plunder da gawdddd

Shang-Chi would be received different if they decide to cast mostly Asians.

Gareth Evans needs to direct a Moon Knight movie

Its not. Steve is a ned stark but they juat wanna be jerks
He wishes he was.

Steve isn't even a Robb Stark
I’m not too sure about a Shang-Chi film. I would love to see one but I don’t know how they could do it with out being too on the nose with Far East stereotypes. Like Marvel was terrified to even do the Ancient One or a proper Mandarin on film.
Asian director, Asian actors, Asian writers can't make a martial arts movie without Far East Aian stereotypes.

Wow. Then you ask for a ******* Ka-Zar movie :lol:

I don't see what location has to do with it
Dude talking like Jet Li and Jackie Chan weren't Hollywood movie stars specifically in martial arts action genre and have multiple high grossing movies over the past 3 decades.

Last edited:
|A-Man| |A-Man| how many Asian writers and directors can you name in Hollywood?
Why do they have to be in Hollywood? Seems irrelevant.

Hope you're not ignorant enough to say the Asian writers and directors have to be in Hollywood to be a good movie or a high grossing movie for American audiences.

If it was up to me I know Takeshi Kitano and Park Chan-wook aren't dead.

Why do they have to be in Hollywood? Seems irrelevant.

Hope you're not ignorant enough to say the Asian writers and directors have to be in Hollywood to be a good movie or a high grossing movie for American audiences.

If it was up to me I know Takeshi Kitano and Park Chan-wook aren't dead.

This isn’t an indie film we’re talking about though. It’s a film that’s gonna conmand at least a $150 mil budget. You’re going to be going through the Writers Guild because of it and not just picking up anyone just to say “we got them because they were Asian”. That’s beyond my point however. Marvel tries to steer clear of stereo types in film so Creating a Shang Chi film will be a challenge on top of promoting it.

This isn’t an indie film we’re talking about though. It’s a film that’s gonna conmand at least a $150 mil budget. You’re going to be going through the Writers Guild because of it and not just picking up anyone just to say “we got them because they were Asian”. That’s beyond my point however. Marvel tries to steer clear of stereo types in film so Creating a Shang Chi film will be a challenge on top of promoting it.
Sound wild ignorant here b :lol:

Nobody is talking about indie flicks. Nothing in my posts suggests that.

And again explain how Asian directors and writers are likely to make movies with Asian stereotypes. Like which group is more aware of Asian stereotypes than Asians?

Bringing up the writer's guild is irrelvant. Pointless. They're gonna have to go through the director's guild as well. You're speaking out your *** right now. Like you don't know how making movies work.

The two directors I mentioned have made American films and had their films crossover to American studios.

You're not making any sense to me.

This is basically hearing that Black Panther will have a solo movie. Reading that Marvel intends to have black writers and a black director and saying it'll be a challenge for Marvel to steer clear of black stereotypes in a BP movie :stoneface:

Also calling it a challenge is super ignorant.

Last edited:
Sound wild ignorant here b :lol:

Nobody is talking about indie flicks. Nothing in my posts suggests that.

And again explain how Asian directors and writers are likely to make movies with Asian stereotypes. Like which group is more aware of Asian stereotypes than Asians?

Bringing up the writer's guild is irrelvant. Pointless. They're gonna have to go through the director's guild as well. You're speaking out your *** right now. Like you don't know how making movies work.

The two directors I mentioned have made American films and had their films crossover to American studios.

You're not making any sense to me.

This is basically hearing that Black Panther will have a solo movie. Reading that Marvel intends to have black writers and a black director and saying it'll be a challenge for Marvel to steer clear of black stereotypes in a BP movie :stoneface:

Also calling it a challenge is super ignorant.

You’re clearly looking for something that isn’t here :lol: this isn’t a Black Panther situation because Black Panther was well more known before his first appearance in Civil War than Shang Chi, let alone his solo film. I’m giving you facts dealing with past Marvel films. Marvel was hesitant doing the Mandarin properly and was hesitant doing the Ancient one properly so how would doing a Shang Chi film with an all Asian cast NOT be a challenge? I’m sure Marvel can do it but it will be a challenge nonetheless

And the two directors you named haven’t made a film for a major franchise that costs $150 mil + to make

Back
Top Bottom