WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

dude, no one is going to outright say "I dont like what I saw because she is a female". There are implicit ways to go around it, and when you see certain peoples tone when talking about Brie and other females in other post you can imply they are sexist. WTF
Man stop. You believe what you want to believe and that’s it. It’s as stupid as saying if you like the movie you’re a feminist. *oh but dats different gif*

everything is just so sensitive these days and we got to put something into nothing and try to reach for controversy like this for example...

its just a sign of respect

usps also put out notice that they are observing the event, not sure if that means no deliveries today or they might just be late

Lol so when yall was in here posting pics of Hayley atwell Danai Gurai (sp?), Olson, Scarlett. all in their uniforms or premiere dresses or whatever. and salivating over it in here but not any of the men in their suits or in their uniforms that wasn't misogynistic and/ or sexist...
But a few people don't like Brie as their Captain Marvel, and it shows sexist and misogynistic under tones......
lol fam aint no chicks in here no need to be a **** you not impressing anyone in here by trying to make up this moral high ground you suddenly have......

Lol so when yall was in here posting pics of Hayley atwell Danai Gurai (sp?), Olson, Scarlett. all in their uniforms or premiere dresses or whatever. and salivating over it in here but not any of the men in their suits or in their uniforms that wasn't misogynistic and/ or sexist...
But a few people don't like Brie as their Captain Marvel, and it shows sexist and misogynistic under tones......
lol fam aint no chicks in here no need to be a **** you not impressing anyone in here by trying to make up this moral high ground you suddenly have......

I don't feel like searching through the thread but someone pull up the Page when most of the folks currrently complaining about the trailer were bashing the Brie Larson choice because she wrote those tweets about the guy who asked her for her phone number in the airport line.

If those tweets never get sent, the majority complaining in here wouldn't have had an issue with the trailer.

At least from my point of view that's why it is coming off as misogynistic and sexist.

I don't feel like searching through the thread but someone pull up the Page when most of the folks currrently complaining about the trailer were bashing the Brie Larson choice because she wrote those tweets about the guy who asked her for her phone number in the airport line.

If those tweets never get sent, the majority complaining in here wouldn't have had an issue with the trailer.

At least from my point of view that's why it is coming off as misogynistic and sexist.

This has pretty much been the point since the beginning but they wanna sidestep

ok all im gonna say is.

Can we all in here say a fair share ( say 33%) of the negative criticism online (not necessarily on NT) towards Black Panther were not attributed traditional film criticism standards but instead of racist undertones? Yes or no?

AND

that we can expect a similar amount of the negative review for Captain Marvel will be because of their sexist agenda

yes or no?

ok all im gonna say is.

Can we all in here say a fair share ( say 33%) of the negative criticism online (not necessarily on NT) towards Black Panther were not attributed traditional film criticism standards but instead of racist undertones? Yes or no?

AND

that we can expect a similar amount of the negative review for Captain Marvel will be because of their sexist agenda

yes or no?

Spot on.

The key is not just to look at the criticism but how she is being criticized. Some criticism come from a sexist standpoint and other criticism come from more of an objective point of view. Either way they're both wrong.

Brie will slay the role and everyone in this thread will be eating crow.

Carol Danvers isn't just a supersoldier machine. If you follow what Feige has been saying about the character she likes to talk and tell bad jokes. An independent streak who doesn't like being told what to do. Also has a vulnerable side and it was that vulnerability that Feige especially wanted to balance out the OP powers. The trailer has simply chosen not to show the full gamut of the character's range.
That's clear.

Last edited:
I think with any review consideration has to be given to who it is coming from

Like when i heard some of the lofty things said about WW i had to double take.. gal did well but the movie had flaws and should be put on the level as some other CBMs

Hit girl in kickass is the best female lead to me and I'd argue that movie was just as much her origin story as it was kickass'

I’ll be the FIRST to say that I wasn’t completely sold on the casting but I championed Brie Larson until she tweeted the “woe is me, why do guys hit on me because I’m attractive, especially a TSA worker” tweets. It came off as very pompous and really in the moment to bring herself attention with the current social climate. Here’s the kicker though....none of that matters if the trailer looked good. Both trailers had the same complaints that she lacked emotion. Combine that with the fact that people weren’t already sold that she looked the part and you have the skepticism the film is currently experiencing.

I see Captain Marvel as more WS than Cap. Brainwashed, out of time, memories starting to come back over time.
Pretty much. Imagine if Sebastian Stan was getting called a bad actor for that portrayal :lol:

Pretty much. A lot of yall dudes are wild transparent with it.

I mean you do know what misogyny and sexism means right?
I mean let's not pretend there are men who don't hate women and have this corrosive reaction to any kind of empowerment

Imagine if Sebastian Stan was starring in his own solo film and not a supporting character so him holding his own could be properly critiqued :nerd:

Let’s just make up statistics now and go with that to help your projecting? That’s the deal now? Just deal with it, you guys are looking for a cop out argument and got shot down. Move on

Imagine if Sebastian Stan was starring in his own solo film and not a supporting character so him holding his own could be properly critiqued :nerd:

who do you think was the star of:

500_333.jpg

and he should have had bigger billing on this than couple other people (as far as the actual story went):

581281.jpg

Last edited:
who do you think was the star of:

500_333.jpg

and he should have bigger billing on this than couple other people (as far as the actual story went):

581281.jpg

The Star? In a film with Chris Evans, Sam Jackson and Scarlett Johansson post-Avengers?? It’s the same reason why those particular 3 people are billed in front of him in Civil War

The Star? In a film with Chris Evans, Sam Jackson and Scarlett Johansson post-Avengers?? It’s the same reason why those particular 3 people are billed in front of him in Civil War

ok.. the film was his story, thou.. and shields

i get why the bigger names got bigger billing, they had to sell the movie.. happens all the time.. he still was the star

Back
Top Bottom