WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

ok.. the film was his story, thou.. and shields

i get why the bigger names got bigger billing, they had to sell the movie.. happens all the time.. he still was the star

The film was Captain America’s story. A story about HIS friend being brainwashed by HIS arch enemies and corrupting the the government agency the HE worked for. Bucky is a sidekick.

Brie is cute when she smiles :lol:

240CB9D3-D0B8-48A0-BBF9-C7D02AC1E017.jpeg

The film was Captain America’s story. A story about HIS friend being brainwashed by HIS arch enemies and corrupting the the government agency the HE worked for. Bucky is a sidekick.

first avenger was his story

all captain america was in WS, was batman in the dark knight.. that is the joker's story with two face sprinkled in

just like anthony hopkins in silence of the lambs.. the dinosaurs in jurassic park.. jaws, in jaws.. hell, jason in all of his movies

you could literally take captain america out of the WS and the movie would be fine.. give BW most of his role and just reference cap's relationship with bucky and why she's inclined to save him because of it

This is a completely terrible argument

It’s very apropos considering that this is Brie’s case. She isn’t a supporting character being carried by bigger names in the franchise.

first avenger was his story

all captain america was in WS, was batman in the dark knight.. that is the joker's story with two face sprinkled in

just like anthony hopkins in silence of the lambs.. the dinosaurs in jurassic park.. jaws, in jaws.. hell, jason in all of his movies

you could literally take captain america out of the WS and the movie would be fine.. give BW most of his role and just reference cap's relationship with bucky and why she's inclined to save him because of it

I think you’re confusing the protagonist with the most interesting character.

Not even hiding the sexism at this point lol

This comment is a clear example of everything being offensive now :lol:

I think you’re confusing the protagonist with the most interesting character.

nah.. i'm talking about the primary character(s) that drives the film.. without them, the film would be a completely different film

anthony hopkins justifiable won for best actor for his role in silence of the lamb.. not supporting actor.. because if when he wasnt on screen his presence was felt throughout

it is why heath ledger should have won for best actor in TDK.. his presence is felt throughout the whole movie, even when he isnt on screen

It's obviously sexist and comes from a place of placing double standards on women.

Men can be stoic but women have to smile

Lol do you guys not talk to any female Marvel fans

nah.. i'm talking about the primary character(s) that drives the film.. without them, the film would be a completely different film

anthony hopkins justifiable won for best actor for his role in silence of the lamb.. not supporting actor.. because if when he wasnt on screen his presence was felt throughout

it is why heath ledger should have won for best actor in TDK.. his presence is felt throughout the whole movie, even when he isnt on screen

You can be the best actor for being the most interesting character, nobody is disputing that. That doesn’t make you the protagonist or a story. The protagonist drives the emotion of the film. We care about X,Y,Z because they care about XYZ. Denzel isn’t the main character in Training Day, it’s Ethan Hawke. Just like Anthony Hopkins isn’t the main character it’s Jodie Foster. The thing is the former in both instances are the more interesting character.

Half yall in here using sexism and misogynist are like rappers who use clout and vibes..here a word and just using it just because it sounds good

Last edited:
You can be the best actor for being the most interesting character, nobody is disputing that. That doesn’t make you the protagonist or a story. The protagonist drives the emotion of the film. We care about X,Y,Z because they care about XYZ. Denzel isn’t the main character in Training Day, it’s Ethan Hawke. Just like Anthony Hopkins isn’t the main character it’s Jodie Foster. The thing is the former in both instances are the more interesting character.

see i dont want to use the word protagonist because there are too many presumptions about what the role has to be.. and then who the antagonist is

but i'd argue denzel is the main character of training day.. it's his story that is driving everything, ethan hawke's character is just caught up in it.. it's him that adds the obstacles for denzel's character in the movie

just like michael is the main character of the original godfather, it is his origin story.. it is just significantly fleshed out

Half yall in here using sexism and mysonist are like rappers who use clout and vibes..here a word and just using it just because it sounds good

Outside of ameL, no one is using the wrong word. It applies here because again there are cats in here who felt Brie Larson should have just accepted the compliment from the guy and politely decline his request. But the same way you guys are saying you can react how you'd like, she's entitled to that same right. And no one should then say it came across as "woe is me."

Hugh Jackman like 11 inches taller than Wolverine whole Josh Brolin 9 inches shorter than Cable who's supposed to be 6'8

Back
Top Bottom