WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Double toast or whatever it’s called pretty much nailed the review of the movie. Those guys are usually on point too.

Next leader if they go in that route has to be Strange. Cumberbach kills it.

Dude has the cockiness and knows he can back it up.
Talking to Thanos and Saying, “brought you face to face with the master of the mystic Arts” :pimp:
Also dude was going for the double double.
Handing out assists to Quill and Spidey.
And dude gave up himself to save Tony.

That’s a true leader.

Last edited:
Next leader if they go in that route has to be Strange. Cumberbach kills it.

Dude has the cockiness and knows he can back it up.
Talking to Thanos and Saying, “brought you face to face with the master of the mystic Arts” :pimp:
Also dude was going for the double double.
Handing out assists to Quill and Spidey.
And dude gave up himself to save Tony.

That’s a true leader.
He's up there but Infinity War writers clearly didn't want a legit showdown with T'Challa and Thanos.

Wastefully included him in that slow motion action of Thanos taking down the other Avengers as he came for Vision.

They got a strong core of CM, BP, and DS for whoever will lead the new Avengers.

Cumberbatch no doubt did his thing in infinity war, but the reception to his solo movie was lukewarm at best.

Captain Marvel will probably reach Dr Strange's lifetime gross by the end of next week.

Not sure if he should be spearheading the Avengers if he's just not that popular.

Small question for the movie.. In GotG 1 there's a scene where Star Lord mentions his name to the random black guy and he responds with "who?". That same guy is in this CM movie as well .. Is he playing the same character and what is the name of his character?

Looking at the box office math for this film....it’s gonna gross a Billi. An A Cinemascore guarantees at least 2.2ish x multiplier worldwide. Captain Marvel did 455 worldwide its first weekend. The Last Jedi opened at 450 mil worldwide :wow:...The only film to gross 400 mil + and not make it to a billi is BvS. BvS didn’t even do 455 mil world wide its opening weekend, it did 422 mil. But it got a B Cinemascore which lowered its multiplier to about 2.075-2.1 x ......

I....I think this this is the year Marvel pulls off 3 straight individual billion dollar grossing films :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Cumberbatch no doubt did his thing in infinity war, but the reception to his solo movie was lukewarm at best.

Captain Marvel will probably reach Dr Strange's lifetime gross by the end of next week.

Not sure if he should be spearheading the Avengers if he's just not that popular.

Feel like dr strange will be better, as soon as they figure out the right director and get his voice, per se

Like with Thor and I guess cap.. no clue why they want to slap sticky with some of the jokes, but I assume theysaw what worked with the character in ragnorak and infinity war

Feel like dr strange will be better, as soon as they figure out the right director and get his voice, per se

Like with Thor and I guess cap.. no clue why they want to slap sticky with some of the jokes, but I assume theysaw what worked with the character in ragnorak and infinity war
Like Thor, they took him too seriously (grounded) embrace the ridiculousness and run with it. Made his movie so “paint by numbers”. Top that off with a villain I don’t even remember and a safe/fast forward “everything is ok now” ending and there you go. To be fair they didn’t know how magic would be received so they kinda have to keep it simple. Simple isn’t always bad. IM1 was incredibly simple but done correctly

I got to watch CM again but they might need to change the director or the writer.

If you want the actress to play the character straight, let her play it straight. If you want the character played a little looser then do that.

But to ask the actress to do a little bit of both is kinda weird.

It's like asking Chris Evans to crack one liners as Steve.

I was getting used to brie playing the character straight but then the quips and playful personality that was thrown in at random times threw me off.

Maybe on a second re-watch it'll all fit in better.

Like Thor, they took him too seriously (grounded) embrace the ridiculousness and run with it. Made his movie so “paint by numbers”. Top that off with a villain I don’t even remember and a safe/fast forward “everything is ok now” ending and there you go. To be fair they didn’t know how magic would be received so they kinda have to keep it simple. Simple isn’t always bad. IM1 was incredibly simple but done correctly

See I disagree.. I think they tried to do a version of ironman 1, and then throw in slap sticky bits that threw things off

But they have to go full GOTG/ragnorak, but can't have dr strange being the comic relief of the bits.. he isn't starlord

I got to watch CM again but they might need to change the director or the writer.

If you want the actress to play the character straight, let her play it straight. If you want the character played a little looser then do that.

I was getting used to brie playing the character straight but then the quips and playful personality that was thrown in at random times threw me off.

She was quipping the whole movie though. When she said Korath wasn’t handsome and Bron-Char is telling him he actually is was jokes. And Yonn-Rogg was trying to always keep her a stern soldier to keep her “human” side suppressed. If I could pick one thing about the film to change it would be the action but with the fact that there really wasn’t a main antagonist on top of the film costing $150 mil to produce its apparent why it was minimal

See I disagree.. I think they tried to do a version of ironman 1, and then throw in slap sticky bits that threw things off

But they have to go full GOTG/ragnorak, but can't have dr strange being the comic relief of the bits.. he isn't starlord
They went for IM1 but 1. Didn’t deliver 2. Is not good enough anymore at this state of CBM’s. In short, the movie just wasn’t good enough haha

I agree, it felt uneven as hell. Should have just kept her as a serious bad-*** that surrounding characters have to constantly calm down.

I agree, it felt uneven as hell. Should have just kept her as a serious bad-*** that surrounding characters have to constantly calm down.

I’m assuming the idea was that she’s a badass killbot Kree and then she finds she’s from earth and recovers her humanity and spirit while still being a badass, but it didn’t play out that way like you said it was uneven.

Maybe that’s by design as to not be too formulaic but it makes the movie a little confusing.

They went for IM1 but 1. Didn’t deliver 2. Is not good enough anymore at this state of CBM’s. In short, the movie just wasn’t good enough haha

I think once they turn down the forced comedian it'll be fine, like the Beyoncé line or the running gag.. but I figure they'll figure it out probably have Wong as the comic relief

I’m assuming the idea was that she’s a badass killbot Kree and then she finds she’s from earth and recovers her humanity and spirit while still being a badass, but it didn’t play out that way like you said it was uneven.

Maybe that’s by design as to not be too formulaic but it makes the movie a little confusing.
Exactly. The movie went from A to A hahah. Went absolutely nowhere. She didn’t “find her power” she already knew that stupid chip on her neck, which they never explained, was what was holding her back. Then after she discovered, what I can only guess what they wanted to become her turning point, that earth was her home and that she had a family, she instantly threw that all out to help the aliens lol. They fell flat on all manners of development

Last edited:

Yeah, I wanted to sympathize with her, but the her character kept throwing me off.

Brie will kill it. She just needs the right director to set her loose lol. Like Chris Hemsworth needed Taikiti Waitiki or whatever his name is to set him loose.

Exactly. The movie went from A to A hahah. Went absolutely nowhere. She didn’t “find her power” she already knew that stupid chip on her neck, which they never explained, was what was holding her back. Then after she discovered, what I can only guess what they wanted to become her turning point, that earth was her home and that she had a family, she instantly threw that all out to help the aliens lol. They fell flat on all manners of development

Yeah, I wanted to sympathize with her, but the her character kept throwing me off.

I enjoyed the movie but her character development was def lacking. I don’t think it’s an acting/Brie problem but rather writing and/or directing. Her acting was flat because the character was to be portrayed that way. The plot progression didn’t help either.

Like, she was never confused? Or frustrated at the twist? No strong emotions about a past life she’s just finding out about?

I enjoyed the movie but her character development was def lacking. I don’t think it’s an acting/Brie problem but rather writing and/or directing. Her acting was flat because the character was to be portrayed that way. The plot progression didn’t help either.

Like, she was never confused? Or frustrated at the twist? No strong emotions about a past life she’s just finding out about?
I agree, she was convincing at times while other times she was dull, almost felt like she was absentminded in certain scenes.

Back
Top Bottom