WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

What bothers me about Fury's part in FFH trailer was that Peter knew who he was.

'You're nick fury' he said

Most of the world shouldn't know that he exists. He's the spy of spies.

Pete's daddy Tiny has a loose mouth.
All the spies were aware of Nick Fury. He was the director of SHIELD.

You think his face wasnt out there? Fury stopped being an active spy awhile back. Now he's in charge of all the other spies.

The only dofference now is most of the world thinks he's dead.

Y’all sounding like BVS and Suiced Squad fans now. “But the numbers!” Lol. Doesn’t make the movie good. Is this ghost rider? No but it’s lower level than Thor 2 and IM 3 for sure. That’s the damn bottom of the barrel
BvS was front - loaded but it didn't have any legs. The way it shot out of the gates it was supposed to hit a billion.

Mcu multipliers range from 2.3 to over 3x opening weekend numbers. If you give BvS a 2.3x multiplier that means it should've at least hit 966 mil (420 WW times 2.3)

Suicide squad definitely overachieved though, I'll give you that.

If we give captain marvel the same 2.3 multiplier it'll hit a bil. If it doesn't then it'll mean it didn't have the legs of an average mcu movie and something went wrong.

Last edited:
BvS was front - loaded but it didn't have any legs. The way it shot out of the gates it was supposed to hit a billion.

Mcu multipliers range from 2.3 to over 3x opening weekend numbers. If you give BvS a 2.3x multiplier that means it should've at least hit 966 mil (420 WW times 2.3)

Suicide squad definitely overachieved though, I'll give you that.

If we give captain marvel the same 2.3 multiplier it'll hit a bil. If it doesn't then it'll mean it didn't have the legs of an average mcu movie and something went wrong.
I doubt none of this BUT I’m not talking about box office numbers. I’m talking about the quality of the movie. I’ll even say the neck bread backlash will have this movie doing better than everything but IW. Neck beards will be pissed. I associate those guys with trump supports so I’m happy this is the 2nd movie they’re hating on. 1st one was black panther and we all know how that went

Last edited:
What do you mean reflect what he did? What does that have to do with Captain Marvel? What did it retcon?

What are you even talking about now?

did you not understand da convo Nick Fury had wit his colleague? according to that exchange, there were no super powered people on earth, Captain Marvel was da 1st one they ever encountered.

This is exactly how I feel about Captain America: First Avenger and The Winter Soldier and Civil War.

did you not understand da convo Nick Fury had wit his colleague? according to that exchange, there were no super powered people on earth, Captain Marvel was da 1st one they ever encountered.
No.

That was not the conversation.

Fury says he wants to find more. Coulson thinks he means weapons. He tells he means heroes. Super powered heroes capable of taking on huge threats like alien invasions.

Rogers is thought to be dead at this time. So he's irrelevant. They were not talking as if no other super powered ppl ever existed :lol: Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were operating as Ant-Man & Wasp during the cold war no less than 10 years prior.

You're assuming a lot about that convo. You should watch it again. Cuz it was really about forming a team of super powered ppl they could have on call to face threats normal militaries could not match.

Also you do remember after Rogers took his super drugs he was turned in to a promotional ad for enlistment? That nobody knew or cared what he was capable of until he broke the rules and saved some lows and sacrificed himself and none of that was something that was some big display of super powers. He was known as a war hero not a superhero.

Last edited:
saw CM on Friday.

It was aight. I kinda got into the story after an hr.

Brie Lawson was bleh. I feel the supporting cast did most of the workload. Fury, the kree guy and the skrull leader.

I give it an average rating 3 stars.

At the end of the movie, she seemed pretty OP but Im fairly confident that she'll have a minimum role in Endgame.

My guess is she'll drive the Uber to pick up Stark wherever he was stranded

And when they prepping for the final showdown, Tony will take some of her photon energy to use.

Proton Canon maybe??

giphy.gif

on the other hand

Worsttttt case scenario, I think CM might deliver a weakening blow to Thanos and then Capt/Stark will come through to finish to job

saw CM on Friday.

Brie Lawson was bleh. I feel the supporting cast did most of the workload. Fury, the kree guy and the skrull leader.

At the end of the movie, she seemed pretty OP but Im fairly confident that she'll have a minimum role in Endgame.

And when they prepping for the final showdown, Tony will take some of her photon energy to use.

Proton Canon maybe??

giphy.gif

on the other hand

Worsttttt case scenario, I think CM might deliver a weakening blow to Thanos and then Capt/Stark will come through to finish to job

They are definitely going to have to nerf her powers against Thanos with that run time for the film

A proton cannon death would be dope as ****

I knew this was going to happen
It's not so bad on nt, but on Twitter the goalposts went from, 'injecting feminist agendas into the mcu is going to destroy marvel studios in the box office' to 'of course it was going to make money, its the movie before End Game' :lol:

At the end of the day, it's fine cuz

da real test is 2nd weekend drop off #'s.

saw CM on Friday.

Proton Canon maybe??

giphy.gif

on the other hand

Edit ** also her flying friend Maria? She was one of the best parts of the film. Forgot to mention her

Saw this after i posted, most of this mirrors what I felt about the movie lol

Yall really hated Captain Marvel like that? I enjoyed it and I went into the theater with little expectations. Still think they missed the mark on the casting, but Brie was just good enough for the part.

I wish the scene with her plowing and power bombing through the war heads was like 30-40 seconds longer and they should’ve waited to play “I’m just a girl” during that scene instead. Would’ve been all types of fire. Especially with how Ronan was like “we’ll be back for the weapon” and Kree subordinate is like “the core”? And he’s like “no....the woman” :lol::nthat:

Movie was a cheesy 90’s comic through and through and it’s beautiful. Y’all sleep.

Surprised no one mentioned Sams CGI. I didn’t think he was going to be in the movie as much as he was.

I could never tell you that is not SamJac now.

Jeez what terrific CGI, seen it with Douglas and Tony. Now seeing it for a while movie was amazing.

That’s the only way I can see Terminator being done right. Having to de-age Arny

About an hour ago I was leaving Family Fun Center (similar to Chuck E Cheese). There was a group of people outside and among the group was a little girl with her dad. There was a jet leaving contrails. While looking up into the sky the little girl says “daddy there goes Captain Marvel”. It made me smile. At the end of the day, this is the reason why the film was needed. So little girls could have someone to look up to who is strong and who can reach the skies.

About an hour ago I was leaving Family Fun Center (similar to Chuck E Cheese). There was a group of people outside and among the group was a little girl with her dad. There was a jet leaving contrails. While looking up into the sky the little girl says “daddy there goes Captain Marvel”. It made me smile. At the end of the day, this is the reason why the film was needed. So little girls could have someone to look up to who is strong and who can reach the skies.

they already got beyonce.

lol jk that’s pretty dope

Back
Top Bottom