WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Don't assassinate my character on other opinions.

I had no problem with those movies other them WWs villain and TFA ending.

And about CM being CM without the feminism.

Think about Ripley in Aliens
I'm definitely not the one assasinating your character :lol:

If you had no problem with the feminist themes in WW and especially in TFA and TLJ but do with CM then there ain't much to discuss here.

What about Ripley in Aliens? You gonna say that was void of feminism too?

Its kinda crazy you'd want CM to be more like Ripley in Aliens but not Rey in Star Wars.

Your stance would make more sense to me if it wasnt so focused on you not liking feminism in the movie and more about things in the movie you didnt like which so many other ppl were capable of doing.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not the one assasinating your character :lol:

If you had no problem with the feminist themes in WW and especially in TFA and TLJ but do with CM then there ain't much to discuss here.

What about Ripley in Aliens? You gonna say that was void of feminism too?

Its kinda crazy you'd want CM to be more like Ripley in Aliens but not Rey in Star Wars.

Your stance would make more sense to me if it wasn t so focused on you not liking feminism in the movie and more about things in the movie you didnt like which so many other ppl were capable of doing.

It's your focus.

I've just been having a discussion about my views.

I think me and j mobile j mobile have been having a healthy conversation.

You're just here to throw labels and assumptions.

I agree, feminism is a theme in the movie. But 1, I see nothing wrong with feminism. 2, how does one make feminism "creative" or "clever"? BP literally had dialogue about slavery and the slave trade multiple times throughout the movie, called people "colonizers," referred to Bucky as "another broken White boy," and commented on not needing White people. Hell, the antagonist's goal/mission was to turn the "slave masters" into the enslaved via weapons/war. Nothing "creative" or "clever" about that any of that IMO. It was "heavy handed" and straight to the point, which I loved, but that's my opinion. If anything, one could argue that BP's outright Blackness is the definition of heavy handedness IMO.

Agree to disagree.

I don't know how you make blackness in a movie about a black superhero in Africa heavy handed.

Kind of an oxymoron.

Watched CM a 2nd time today. I actually liked it better the 2nd time because I caught more details. I really enjoyed the movie.

It's your focus.

I've just been having a discussion about my views.

I think me and j mobile j mobile have been having a healthy conversation.

You're just here to throw labels and assumptions.
My focus? :lol: I replied to YOUR post where you were complaining about heavy handed feminism.

The thing about it is you have yet to make sense complaining about it. Just got worse with your WW and Star Wars comparisons.

Its like you say something and don't try explaining it when questioned. That's not on me.

My focus? :lol: I replied to YOUR post where you were complaining about heavy handed feminism.

The thing about it is you have yet to make sense complaining about it. Just got worse with your WW and Star Wars comparisons.

Its like you say something and don't try explaining it when questioned. That's not on me.

We're having a conversation.

You singled out feminism.

What do you need explained?

Sorry, I'm having a conversation with multiple people here.

I'm here for this.

I wouldn’t put episode VII in same boat as the others, movie was good.. although a rehash

VIII was an abomination

CM and WW needed better writing and probably directing, in my view

I wouldn’t put episode VII in same boat as the others, movie was good.. although a rehash

VIII was an abomination

WW was fine. I just don’t think the ending was visually correct. Aris being an old man and the fight itself was just bad. The writing wasn’t the problem. CM.... yeah, lots wrong from all things

WW was fine. I just don’t think the ending was visually correct. Aris being an old man and the fight itself was just bad. The writing wasn’t the problem. CM.... yeah, lots wrong from all things

So we agree the movie was bad, but it's my feminism take that's the problem?

We're having a conversation.

You singled out feminism.

What do you need explained?

Sorry, I'm having a conversation with multiple people here.

I'm here for this.
Go back and look at the post I quoted man.

I didn't single out anything.

This is what you were complaining about.

Its no different when you were complaining about Fury cuz you didn't understand he was a liar.

Any of my posts with a question mark asking something I think you just ignored.

If you're not reading the posts quoting you that's on you. Read the posts.

VIII was an abomination

VII was brought up by him as an example of what a female led movie without feminism in it is to him.

Now he's obviously wrong about that but he brought it up.

I find it crazy that these new Star Wars movies would be brought up and used as an example of movies without feminism in them though :lol:

Go back and look at the post I quoted man.

I didn't single out anything.

This is what you were complaining about.

Its no different when you were complaining about Fury cuz you didn't understand he was a liar.

Any of my posts with a question mark asking something I think you just ignored.

If you're not reading the posts quoting you that's on you. Read the posts.

VII was brought up by him as an example of what a female led movie without feminism in it is to him.

Now he's obviously wrong about that but he brought it up.

I find it crazy that these new Star Wars movies would be brought up and used as an example of movies without feminism in them though :lol:

Where was the feminism in TFA?

The movie would not change ONE frame if she were a male.

I'm here for this conversation if you are.

You're picking and choosing parts of my post to respond to.

That's why it's hard to follow what exactly you're talking about.

Agree to disagree.

I don't know how you make blackness in a movie about a black superhero in Africa heavy handed.

Kind of an oxymoron.
I totally agree with you, but like I said, I could try to see someone's point if they did find the themes in BP "heavy handed," as it's very "in your face." Not my opinion at all, but I guess I could see it if I squint. So from your statements, you're a fan of the "feminism," or lack thereof, present in Alien/Aliens, Star Wars (Rey), and WW correct? Now in Alien/Aliens, Ripley just happens to be a women and where her being a woman or inadequate is only slightly commented on in Aliens in particular (questioned/doubted by the soldiers). Her gender isn't really a crucial factor in the story itself, but it does make her even more bad ***, as inherently we (the viewer) have preconceived views of women and action films, especially considering the time those movies released. In Star Wars, Rey's just a young, not knowing what to do Jedi, but her gender as female doesn't really play a role in particular. In WW, Diana comes from a physical and figurative place of "we don't need men, men are useless, they're only for procreation, they like to fight for nonsensical reasons, they screw up everything," but she learns, from a man and her experiences with men, that men are good, ultimately loves a man, even experiencing sex with a man via an implied cut away, and the death of this man motivates her even further. Do you agree with these views of these movies?

I ask because, just based on these examples, you'd rather the "feminism" just be self realized by the viewer and not blatant themes in the movie, or in the case of WW, the "feminism" is sort of brought down a peg via the arc going from "no man is need, I'm all powerful, I'm woman hear me roar" to "you need men in your life, they're not all bad, embrace your softer side, you're not a whole person without them."

Where was the feminism in TFA?

The movie would not change ONE frame if she were a male.

I'm here for this conversation if you are.

You're picking and choosing parts of my post to respond to.

That's why it's hard to follow what exactly you're talking about.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/01/05/star-wars-force-awakens-feminism-column/78265780/

Now I'm back to wondering if you know what feminism is.

In not picking and choosing. I quoted your post and replied.

How is that hard to follow if you posted it? You do know what you posted right?

Again, go back 1 or 2 pages and read any of my posts replying to yours where I asked you something and you just ignored it or switched the convo to something else like I'm focusing on feminism or talking about in assasinating your character or that you're having a good convo with some other poster.

You don't have to instantly reply if you haven't fully read a post directed at you and your stance.

I totally agree with you, but like I said, I could try to see someone's point if they did find the themes in BP "heavy handed," as it's very "in your face." Not my opinion at all, but I guess I could see it if I squint. So from your statements, you're a fan of the "feminism," or lack thereof, present in Alien/Aliens, Star Wars (Rey), and WW correct? Now in Alien/Aliens, Ripley just happens to be a women and where her being a woman or inadequate is only slightly commented on in Aliens in particular (questioned/doubted by the soldiers). Her gender isn't really a crucial factor in the story itself, but it does make her even more bad ***, as inherently we (the viewer) have preconceived views of women and action films, especially considering the time those movies released. In Star Wars, Rey's just a young, not knowing what to do Jedi, but her gender as female doesn't really play a role in particular. In WW, Diana comes from a physical and figurative place of "we don't need men, men are useless, they're only for procreation, they like to fight for nonsensical reasons, they screw up everything," but she learns, from a man and her experiences with men, that men are good, ultimately loves a man, even experiencing sex with a man via an implied cut away, and the death of this man motivates her even further. Do you agree with these views of these movies?

I ask because, just based on these examples, you'd rather the "feminism" just be self realized by the viewer and not blatant themes in the movie, or in the case of WW, the "feminism" is sort of brought down a peg via the arc going from "no man is need, I'm all powerful, I'm woman hear me roar" to "you need men in your life, they're not all bad, embrace your softer side, you're not a whole person without them."

God damn, now that's a fair assessment .

I did completely overlook that WW take.

CM was good and I think it deserved a way better director.

WW director would of been the goods.

But WW had its issues too

JJ abrams would have been perfect for CM and the film they did AND can’t forget the movies he did cause he’d just redo stuff he’s done or piggyback of stuff others have done but it’d look great and be better done

Her at the helm of a Captain Marvel film or any other character....

I'm there....

I’d have to think which character I’d want her to do

Would love if she got a chance at WS since Russos said their done after end game

Hell give her BW and I’m in RIGHT NOW

Back
Top Bottom