WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

i said almost anything lol
i mean thanos has wiped the universe in comics more than once lol

i also think that the mutants should show in up the MCU-prime via the energy that radiates whenever you snap
EG they had 2 snaps back to back. that was something that was a thing right? they tracked 2018 thanos because when he destroyed the stones it released that huge trace of energy

Mutants arriving in 2018-2023? Ugh.

Watching IM1 again and I forgot how good of a job Jeff Bridges did as Stane/Iron Monger. He could've been written a little better though.

Still a little confused, so was Cap married to Peggy the whole time?
Or is it still open to interpretation?
Cap is married to Peggy. In an alternate timeline that he created when he went back in time at the end of the movie.

Old Man Steve made a jump back to the main timeline to give the shield to falcon . They just didn't show the time jump back.

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Directors Drop A Shocking SPOILER About The Movie's Ending

"If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality," co-director Joe Russo explains. "The question then becomes, how is he back in this reality to give the shield away?"

"Interesting question, right?" Joe continues. "Maybe there’s a story there. There’s a lot of layers built into this movie and we spent three years thinking through it, so it’s fun to talk about it and hopefully fill in holes for people so they understand what we’re thinking."

"Especially when he says goodbye," Joe explained. "He says, ‘I’ll miss you.’ Clearly he knows something."

What about The Falcon? "Sam doesn’t know something," he confirms.
So basically we have two branch realities, the one Loki created and the one Cap made. I think they purposely created these branches so that they have a window to jump out of instead of painting themselves into a corner. Hmmm very interesting I need to think through this one because it really "bakes your noodle."

Cap is married to Peggy. In an alternate timeline that he created when he went back in time at the end of the movie.
Old Man Steve made a jump back to the main timeline to give the shield to falcon . They just didn't show the time jump back.
So basically, Cap is married to Peggy in an alternate timeline and not the MCU/main timeline?

There are 14 million branch realities. But only one that survives Thanos. But possibly because of their meddling they might've possibly created additional ones that survive Thanos.

The one with old man Steve. And the other one where Thanos was removed. And who knows what happens to the one where Loki gets the space stone and escapes.

i mean yeah that would take away from the older OP mutants
but im not sure if they would want to just say theyve been "in hiding" for 22 films worth of MCU :lol:
I do wonder how they will introduce the X-MEN and FF. It's their time to shine now.
I know everyone wants Secret Wars but I really want Onslaught.

There are 14 million branch realities. But only one that survives Thanos. But possibly because of their meddling they might've possibly created additional ones that survive Thanos.

The one with old man Steve. And the other one where Thanos was removed. And who knows what happens to the one where Loki gets the space stone and escapes.
Branch realties or do you mean possibilities?
My understanding like the video posted above was that Strange with the Time Stone was looking at possibilities not other actual existing timelines.

The alternate timelines are only created when someone goes back in time and changes something.

Am I wrong ?

people were confused it was thought that he possibly went back in time and stayed and lived out his life in the MAIN timeline that we've been watching because when he was suppoesd to come back 5 secs he didn't show up at the machine but was already sitting across from them at a bench as old man Cap
old man cap already being there means that there were multiple Caps in our timeline
The cap we see in the movies, and off-screen, time traveler cap living with peggy

so now that they confirmed him going back and staying branched off another universe that multiple caps in the main timeline isnt a thing
he lived out his life in an alternate reality.. but now we ask how and when did he return to the main MCU timeline

yeah basically they setting up branch theories means they have the liberty to do virtually ANYTHING that they want
esp with the Fox characters now back in their control
can even go grab another timeline's prime Tony and Cap
I had this theory instantly because after all the joking they did about Back to The Future, I instantly thought of the ending of BTTF2 where the US Postal worked arrives precisely after Doc is struck by lightning with a package he had been holding for 80 years. I could see them doing a movie way down the line with Antman saying, "so BTTF was right."

However, some holes I poked into the theory is why didn't anyone notice the old man sitting there sooner? I know he is Cap but could a 120+ Cap sneak up on Bucky and Falcon. Also when Bruce said he shot past the trajectory, why didn't he say...

Filling in my own holes while I type this. That theory does make sense because if it was the Cap they sent in the past "arriving" then why didn't he have the suit on from his trip. Also, Bruce said Cap shot past the trajectory, but Bucky interrupted Bruce and called Falcon to take a look at something. Steve Rodgers. Bruce gave up looking for Cap and just assumed this was the Cap he sent in the past, arriving.

We getting more Cap films in the past :pimp:
I don't think so as someone said he wants to take a break, be a good opportunity for some Sam as Captain America movies, but he would need to team up with someone because I don't think he is strong enough to carry his own movie. Then have Sam pass the mantle back to Chris in like 5/6 years or die fighting an enemy. I mean it isn't new de-aging Captain America, done a handful of times in the comics.

So basically we have two branch realities, the one Loki created and the one Cap made. I think they purposely created these branches so that they have a window to jump out of instead of painting themselves into a corner. Hmmm very interesting I need to think through this one because it really "bakes your noodle."
what about present nebula killing off past nebula
i assume traveling to the future should also have an effect?
**** gets confusing :lol:

may try to pick up on reading comics again in my free time. for those of y'all that still do read them, old or new, how are y'all doing it?

picked up some omnibus awhile back. they have reprints and collections (consecutive issues) throw them into one huge book
marvel TLDR on youtube does a solid job on explaining different storylines

Comics explained on YouTube goes through different comic series page by page and summarizes

great listen, especially, at work or traveling

Killing that Nebula just permanently removes her from the reality she was from. It actually confirms the theory that changing your past doesn't change your future because 2024 Gamora didn't cease to exist after shooting 2014 Gamora.

There is now an alternate reality where Thanos his daughters and his army no longer exist in 2014.

I'm in the thoughts that the present nebula didnt fade away after killing past nebula because the alternate realities thing, the nebula from the past would no longer exist in her own reality, so nebula didnt actually kill herself, but a different entity. I asked myself why didnt they just go back destroy the stones like scarlet witch did in iw, and thought it was because it wouldn't matter in their own reality, it would have switched to a different one right then, leaving their own reality the exact same.

Branch realties or do you mean possibilities?
My understanding like the video posted above was that Strange with the Time Stone was looking at possibilities not other actual existing timelines.

The alternate timelines are only created when someone goes back in time and changes something.

Am I wrong ?
I consider them all realities that hit a dead end. That dead end being Thanos.

I'm assuming the Avengers actions during their time heists might create new realities without a Thanos dead end.

However, some holes I poked into the theory is why didn't anyone notice the old man sitting there sooner? I know he is Cap but could a 120+ Cap sneak up on Bucky and Falcon. Also when Bruce said he shot past the trajectory, why didn't he say...

Filling in my own holes while I type this. That theory does make sense because if it was the Cap they sent in the past "arriving" then why didn't he have the suit on from his trip. Also, Bruce said Cap shot past the trajectory, but Bucky interrupted Bruce and called Falcon to take a look at something. Steve Rodgers. Bruce gave up looking for Cap and just assumed this was the Cap he sent in the past, arriving.
Bucky knew what Cap was going to do. He just didn't know how it wouldve played out

may try to pick up on reading comics again in my free time. for those of y'all that still do read them, old or new, how are y'all doing it?
I have a Marvel Unlimited subscription that I look at every now and then. Its a few months behind current releases but a lot of older stuff is all there

I consider them all realities that hit a dead end. That dead end being Thanos.

I'm assuming the Avengers actions during their time heists might create new realities without a Thanos dead end.
there is FOR SURE at least one other reality where thanos doesn't exist because 2014 thanos went to the future and got snapped lol

Back
Top Bottom