WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Nah, I actually semi-agree with @kungfu koala that she comes off bland as CM.
They don't seem to know how to write her character or give her personality.
Maybe it's bc CM is too damn powerful?

PS - I'm a huge fan of Brie's indie work; no one's denying her talent as an actress.
Marvel scooped her up bc of her Oscar win, but they didn't do her any justice as CM (so far).
Not that. The part of the post where he's saying he thinks her coworkers think the same. That's pulling it out of thin air. Even if they happen to do so none of them would admit it to a reporter.

Also the fact that IW took storytelling risks.'

I don't think they took that many risks, with spidey and BP being included in the dusted.. and you know end game is coming to 'return of the jedi' it

End game, to me they took real risks

Anyone think they’ll setup the current Ultimates shtick with Captain Marvel and BP on the team dealing with cosmic threats?

I don't think they took that many risks, with spidey and BP being included in the dusted.. and you know end game is coming to 'return of the jedi' it

End game, to me they took real risks
Well from our point of view we know spidey and bp was coming back. There was honestly a lot of ppl who didn't know that. Especially children.

Like the fact that they were returning in a sequel hd to be explained by parents.

Anyone think they’ll setup the current Ultimates shtick with Captain Marvel and BP on the team dealing with cosmic threats?
Feel like if they get Adam and Nova in the mix and well casted that it will balance out the cosmic story going forward. We'd have several uber powerful characters in CM, Thor, Wanda, Adam and Nova. Then just go from there. Call on some of the lower powered ones for an assist now and then. Move toward the Infinity Watch and Doom. Would be cool. What keeps the terrestrial hero interesting will be earth threats and alternate timelines.

Well from our point of view we know spidey and bp was coming back. There was honestly a lot of ppl who didn't know that. Especially children.

Like the fact that they were returning in a sequel hd to be explained by parents.

Star Wars took a risk in 'empire strikes back', there was no real big precedent prior.. now there is the Star Wars trilogy

GOTs, was taking a risk with Jon (as even book readers didn't/don't have definitive answers)

Marvel, yes took risks, but you have the comics and Star Wars.. as you yourself said just couple hours ago:
It's just starting to hit me bros. We are starting over.....

The mcu is officially in rebuilding mode.

No these are definitely unadjusted. If you adjust for ticket prices, Gone with the Wind would still be the biggest movie of all time.

yup not even close to the adjusted amounts
upload_2019-5-5_13-15-23.png

Star Wars took a risk in 'empire strikes back', there was no real big precedent prior.. now there is the Star Wars trilogy

GOTs, was taking a risk with Jon (as even book readers didn't/don't have definitive answers)

Marvel, yes took risks, but you have the comics and Star Wars.. as you yourself said just couple hours ago:
If you're going to compare what the mcu is doing to what happens in comics, of course IW's storytelling isn't going to look risky.

I think we forget that a huge bulk of the mcu fan base don't read comics.

It can't be stated enough how much risk they undertook with IW. Sure we know how the audience received IW now but there was every chance there would've been backlash with how it ended.

Being completely honest I have no idea what Gone With the Wind is
It's just a classic Hollywood movie that came out a long time ago during a time there was no downtime alternative except to go to the movies.

I think it's pretty impressive how Avatar and Titanic's standings don't change much even when adjusted for inflation.

OG secret wars is Basically beyonder teleports all the heroes and villains to battleworld. Duke it out and winner gets whatever they want.

In terms of character development and marvel story progression, I dont think its the way to go. It's better when more heroes and villains are introduced so we have a connection with them. We haven't been introduced to Dr. Doom or beyonder, it'd be dope to see a free for all, but would be much better with more developed characters/understanding of multiverse.
They got 10 years to lead up to that though. Plenty time to develop new heroes and villains.

Plus given how the MCU puts their own spin on every marvel comics story its most likely gonna be deeper than that and have a clear difference.

Something like the coming of Galactic is what I can see be done in 1 or 2 movies; Fantastic 4 then Avengers.

The mcu is going to adapt secret wars to fit their world. Like how the CW movie is nothing like the one in the comics.

My guess is Feige will develop the xmen world from scratch while continue to build on the Avengers world. Somewhere in the middle of the saga they will tease a crossover in one of the movies to get fans excited.

Xmen and Avengers will crossover in the secret wars movies.

Nah, I actually semi-agree with @kungfu koala that she comes off bland as CM.
They don't seem to know how to write her character or give her personality.
Maybe it's bc CM is too damn powerful?

PS - I'm a huge fan of Brie's indie work; no one's denying her talent as an actress.
Marvel scooped her up bc of her Oscar win, but they didn't do her any justice as CM (so far).
That's definitely happening by some but I often see ppl use Kong to say she isnt a good actress and I get the sneaking suspicion those ppl think Kong was some really good movie :lol:

So I just find it hard to take those opinions seriously.
I think Jennifer Lawrence would be a better Captain Marvel.

Brie Larson is bout as bland as a rice cake
:lol: :rofl:
Feel like if they get Adam and Nova in the mix and well casted that it will balance out the cosmic story going forward. We'd have several uber powerful characters in CM, Thor, Wanda, Adam and Nova. Then just go from there. Call on some of the lower powered ones for an assist now and then. Move toward the Infinity Watch and Doom. Would be cool. What keeps the terrestrial hero interesting will be earth threats and alternate timelines.
What's the point of an Infinity Watch when the Infinity stones are all destroyed?

Back
Top Bottom