WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Im going to rewatch TDK tomorrow after having just rewatched Endgame tonight. The one thing that isn't really mentioned when talking TDK is its score. From the opening bank heist, to the envoy chase, to the monologue at the end....amazing. Didn't realize it won an Oscar.
The ONLY problem with TDK is the Batman voice

the opening scene in TDK is arguably the best opening scene in any movie

ledgers joker is fantastic to say the least

but the final act of the movie drags a little too much and i don’t like Bale as batman at all, as bruce wayne he’s good.

my first two points make it an excellent movie but as a whole just not perfect i don’t think

Screenshot_20190509-230536_Twitter.jpg

the opening scene in TDK is arguably the best opening scene in any movie

ledgers joker is fantastic to say the least

but the final act of the movie drags a little too much and i don’t like Bale as batman at all, as bruce wayne he’s good.

my first two points make it an excellent movie but as a whole just not perfect i don’t think
Wouldn’t say drag but near it. I just didn’t like the scheme joker came up with. Something more simple would of been better. I do like how they showed that Batman self nerfs himself based on ethics. He is his own weakness, no guns etc. it’s just the voice man. Seen the movie maybe 20 times and the voice gets worse each time

I was raving about Batman Begins when it came out. I was telling people it was a movie about a dude who undergoes a transformation and he just happens to become Batman. Keep in mind, the previous Batman before that was Batman and Robin (1997). BB and TDK have a very realistic feel to it, and don't feel like "Comicbook Movies".

It's silly to knock endgame down a peg compared to tdk because tdk is 'more real' and looks less like a comic book movie. That doesn't make sense. A comic book movie is supposed to look like, a comic book movie.

Just watched for the 5th time..

First time paying, but 2nd time in the theater.. had to catch it in 4DX

Even though I obviously know certain moments are coming they still hit

And you appreciate the little aspects you didn't pick up on, like how stunned tony is when she says 3000 and looks back amazed at how quick she popped that off

It's silly to knock endgame down a peg compared to tdk because tdk is 'more real' and looks less like a comic book movie. That doesn't make sense. A comic book movie is supposed to look like, a comic book movie.

TDK, like any of these movies takes a lot of IFs

A regular dude jokes out of a building catching someone who is falling and is able to break his fall with a car.. there is a guy running around with have of his face burned off

Hell, that lambo is somehow able to save a big a** SUV by getting rammed

The beauty with the MCU and TDK, is they are able to make the absurd seem at least believable IF you can accept that world

TDK and End Game are so far apart to me I can't even rate them on the same scale. TDK is one of my favorite movies ever but Endgame closed out a 10 year, 20 something movie story, the hell do I compare that to?

Also, I can get how someone who is not invested wouldn't fully appreciate and get the movie and thus wouldn't truly value it

There are a lot of little moments that get paid off a million times over that you just wouldn't get if you're causal with the MCU

I compare it to watching fight club the first time vs the 2nd or 3rd.. you appreciate the little details like two grown sitting in the backseat watching a dude while he argues with, himself

I'll agree to that. The villians in both movies are what elevate them to the cream of the crop. Imo TDK is better because of the acting of Heath Ledger. I consider his portrayal of the Joker as one of the best acting performances ever. And while Josh Brolin was great as thanos he was still aided by cgi (not a knock on him).

Story is another area where I have to give a slight edge to TDK. It was coherent and precise. IW had a great story as well and the build up to it was masterfully done.

In the end I love both movies and I hate to play the comparrison game, but if forced to choose I will always go with TDK

I personally would say that what Brolin, the Russos, and MCU were able to do with a CGI villain like Thanos is more impressive.

Back
Top Bottom