WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

It's a fine line though because you shouldn't have to watch 22 films as a pre-requisite in order to appreciate Endgame. If it's a great film, it should be able to stand alone by itself to a certain degree.

Rewatching right now in 1080p. Funnier than I remember. Love it when Cap and Tony go back to 1970.
There are times when a movie isnt as good unless you know the entire backstory. Some of the movies, you dont have to see (Like Hulk).

You wont understand the complexity of cap and iron mans relationship without seeing Civil War..........You wont get most of the references to other movies.

Its 2 totally different experiences when you have and havent seen all the movies.

Dances with Wolves: Blue version
So many movies with this plot or a variation of it.
T1, T2, and Aliens are classics. The Abyss and True Lies are fun movies. And you can't discount his earlier work as an artist for Lucas/Spielberg. He could have stopped there and people would still give him his due. But he didn't and went on to make 2 of the highest grossing movies of all time (I didn't even bring up the Oscar wins). So while I'm not a fan of those two films, I can understand where that arrogant snobbish attitude comes from in that tweet.
Like him or not he is near the top of the pyramid for his craft. Not many have done better critically or financially.

I mean James Cameron is a great filmmaker but his comments about marvel movies reminds me of older basketball players being salty of younger players. Not really coming from a place of constructive criticism but just being negative because it's different from what he was doing.

If you really wanna just watch the bare minimum to get ready for endgame, I suppose you can get by with the following movies:

Ironman 1
Captain America 1
Thor 1
Avengers 1
GotG1
Dr Strange
Civil War
Black Panther
Infinity War
Antman and the Wasp
Captain Marvel

That's half of the movies in the mcu

Introduces IM
Introduces Cap
Introduces og 6
Introduces bp and wakanda
Introduces CM
Introduces spiderman
Introduces Dr Strange
Introduces GotG
Explains why crew was broken up in infinity war
Introduces Thanos
Introduces quantum realm

If you really wanna just watch the bare minimum to get ready for endgame, I suppose you can get by with the following movies:

Ironman 1
Captain America 1
Thor 1
Avengers 1
GotG1
Dr Strange
Civil War
Black Panther
Infinity War
Antman and the Wasp
Captain Marvel

That's less than half of the movies in the mcu

Introduces IM
Introduces Cap
Introduces og 6
Introduces bp and wakanda
Introduces CM
Introduces spiderman
Introduces Dr Strange
Introduces GotG
Explains why crew was broken up in infinity war
Introduces Thanos
Introduces quantum realm
I would say Thor 2 or AOU over Thor 1. Background to infinity stones plus the EG references

92036B78-F336-4184-87A6-D8D8EE4ADE87.gif

6C72AF41-142C-4DAE-8967-5257406303B5.gif

There are times when a movie isnt as good unless you know the entire backstory.

Which is what I'm saying. A lot of members on here are placing Endgame above TDK as the best comic book movie. Which means, you have to have watched multiple films beforehand to fully appreciate its greatness. And don't get me wrong, I literally just finished watching it again. It's solid. And if you want to say it's the best CMB, that's fine. But I'd argue that TDK is a better film overall because it doesn't rely on years of backstory and history and relationships. You can appreciate the writing, story, cinematography, and performances without any prior viewings of past films.

Maybe one of you guys can answer this. Does the OG gauntlet that Thanos used in IW match the size of the wearer's hand like the nanotech version in Endgame? Or was it solely made by Peter Dinklage for Thanos' specs?

Maybe one of you guys can answer this. Does the OG gauntlet that Thanos used in IW match the size of the wearer's hand like the nanotech version in Endgame? Or was it solely made by Peter Dinklage for Thanos' specs?
It was made for Thanos big *** hand only.

Probably only Hulk could've wore it.

Back
Top Bottom