WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I remember watching Thor 2 leading up to EG. I could barely get through it and I think I posted about how rancid it was in here at the time. I can stomach most of the other "weak" Marvel attempts but srs Thor 2 is almost indigestible

Agreed with you sb sb . Cap 1 and Thor 1 are good enough 'launch' movies. GotG 2 was boring as hell - the charm of GotG 1 had worn off.

I'll concur with both of you that IM2, IM3 and Thor 2 are cheeks.

Ironman launched movies and the build up to avengers kept us going

there is a reason things changed so significantly from both cap1 and Thor1

marvel was invested in making the characters work

only people who got 2nd chances from phase 1, where those who actually succeeded

Watching Civil War.

Rumlow knew he want going to meet with the rest of his crew when they took that bioweapon.

Who were they selling that to?

Watching Civil War.

Rumlow knew he want going to meet with the rest of his crew when they took that bioweapon.

Who were they selling that to?

They were probably just your typical post-Organization remnants who still terrorize and would've just sold it to “the highest bidder.”

Although I’m sure they could easily tie that little stunt to the Ten Rings or some other future Terrorist group in a later film though.

On an unrelated note, I'm watching Infinity War and I'm just gonna say it, nerfing the Hulk was a mistake. Big mistake.

Tried to give him a subplot and failed. Didn't even follow it up in Endgame cuz of the time skip, just gave him a new one.

They were probably just your typical post-Organization remnants who still terrorize and would've just sold it to “the highest bidder.”

Although I’m sure they could easily tie that little stunt to the Ten Rings or some other future Terrorist group in a later film though.
That's what I and many could hand wave/rationalize it as but Feige could be dropping bread crumbs if you connect the other dots.

Take in to consideration and give some latitude:

• The bioweapon was intended for someone capable of hiring Rumlow and his goons (could be remnants of Hydra or could be someone else).
  • The person that bought Stark tower when Tony finally sold it in Spider-Man: Homecoming (many wanted this to be Norman Osborne, doubtful but at the time I get how they couldn't think of many other options). Maybe a little retcon that somebody filled in the Vulture about when Stark would be moving all of his tech.
  • In Ant-Man & the Wasp, Walter Goggin's character, black market criminal Sonny Burch, decides to double cross Hope and steal Pym's technology when she wouldn't sell for some buyers he arranged (a 3rd party)
Now if writers wanted, they could connect those 3 things and bring up a few more and create more to introduce a new earthbound big bad or a group.

Its just a lot of time and events have passed since then and more questions like did this person get snapped away as well.

Last edited:
I'm not as mad at Peter Quill for his **** up. Thinking of his perspective he just found out the love of his life was dead when he just saw her hours before. Tony would've snapped too.

That's what I and many could hand wave/rationalize it as but Feige could be dropping bread crumbs if you connect the other dots.

• The bioweapon was intended for someone capable of hiring Rumlow and his goons (could be remnants of Hydra or could be someone else).
  • The person that bought Stark tower when Tony finally sold it in Spider-Man: Homecoming (many wanted this to be Norman Osborne, doubtful but at the time I get how they couldn't think of many other options)
  • In Ant-Man & the Wasp, Walter Goggin's character, black market criminal Sonny Burch, decides to double cross Hope and steal Pym's technology when she wouldn't sell for some buyers he arranged (a 3rd party)
Now if writers wanted, they could connect those 3 things and bring up a few more and create more to introduce a new earthbound big bad kr a group.

Its just a lot of time and events have passed since then and more questions like did this person get snapped away as well.
Lol at the turn this thread took.
Before my recent rewatches I would have said Thor 2 cap 1 and iron man 3 were AWFUL. After the rewatches I can’t decide. They are all good in their own way. I really love cap 1 now...shows how Rodgers fell for Carter and that’s such an important story line. Same with Thor 2 introducing Loki taking over the throne and introducing us to the reality “stone”. Only real fans will know
The problem here is you're taking the movie and placing it in the larger context of the overall story.

Dealing with the stories told in those movies they're mediocre.

One or two things like Rogers having a crush on Carter and a bunch of easter eggs and foreshadowing in Dark World don't make them good. Especially when there are so many movies where they're great beginning to end.

I'm not as mad at Peter Quill for his **** up. Thinking of his perspective he just found out the love of his life was dead when he just saw her hours before. Tony would've snapped too.

• The person that bought Stark tower when Tony finally sold it in Spider-Man: Homecoming (many wanted this to be Norman Osborne, doubtful but at the time I get how they couldn't think of many other options)
Now if writers wanted, they could connect those 3 things and bring up a few more and create more to introduce a new earthbound big bad kr a group.

The problem here is you're taking the movie and placing it in the larger context of the overall story.

Dealing with the stories told in those movies they're mediocre.

One or two things like Rogers having a crush on Carter and a bunch of easter eggs and foreshadowing in Dark World don't make them good. Especially when there are so many movies where they're great beginning to end.
Ya that makes sense. Don’t get me wrong. Some are far and away better then others. But I’ve learned to appreciate them in their own right AND taking advantage the age where these movies are being made. We are so lucky. It’s like a 20 movie sequel and we in the middle of it!
Currently in middle of gotg 1. Man what an awesome movie this is like watch number 20

On an unrelated note, I'm watching Infinity War and I'm just gonna say it, nerfing the Hulk was a mistake. Big mistake.

Tried to give him a subplot and failed. Didn't even follow it up in Endgame cuz of the time skip, just gave him a new one.
One of the very unfortunate flaws imo of the IW to EG Hulk story arc

If Hulk Hulk came back in EG ok but the way he went out was very underwhelming

With that said IW still to me was the best to date. Everything else was just that good, at least to me

Ya that makes sense. Don’t get me wrong. Some are far and away better then others. But I’ve learned to appreciate them in their own right AND taking advantage the age where these movies are being made. We are so lucky. It’s like a 20 movie sequel and we in the middle of it!
Currently in middle of gotg 1. Man what an awesome movie this is like watch number 20

Another way to give new life to these movies is getting a newer tv (if you don’t have one). Watching a movie like GOTG on a LED TV is one thing, but watching it on an OLED is so much better. I bought my 65 inch OLED as a Christmas present to myself. During the quarantine I’ve had the time to rewatch most of the MCU, specifically the ones with more special fx than the others, and man, it’s amazing! Both GOTG movies look incredible! The dream sequence in BP is beautiful. Doctor Strange is a bit more trippy. Asgard, bridge and bifrost scenes make Thor movies worth watching again. Gives you a new appreciation for the films beyond the story and acting.

SPUMC = Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters

I feel like people take away the wrong things from great things that happen

like the rating from deadpool

considering how the whole monster universe thing went they should focus on making good movies or worst case good characters that could eventually if things go right build up to something (like marvel in phase one building up to avengers.. and making changes to missteps along the way)

I hope Charlie Cox returns as Daredevil. I liked him as Matt Murdoch. Same goes for Jon Bernthal as Punisher.

Everyone else, meh lol.

I thought the MCU had something good with the hulk up until Age of Ultron. Even though the sudden love interest between BW and Bruce was weird, it still showed some character development for Bruce. Went from a timid scientist on the run to developing some connections. The hulk was just as powerful but I guess learning the diff between friend and foe. Then the 180 in Ragnork. I like the movie but as a fan of the Hulk it was annoying. I wonder if the success of Ragnork lead them to believe whatever direction they took with the Hulk was working?

I thought the MCU had something good with the hulk up until Age of Ultron. Even though the sudden love interest between BW and Bruce was weird, it still showed some character development for Bruce. Went from a timid scientist on the run to developing some connections. The hulk was just as powerful but I guess learning the diff between friend and foe. Then the 180 in Ragnork. I like the movie but as a fan of the Hulk it was annoying. I wonder if the success of Ragnork lead them to believe whatever direction they took with the Hulk was working?
Nah Hulk's attitude is based off that reception he got in Africa after the mind control wore off. Homie was like "Why they hate Hulk?" and dipped when he got the chance to.

Now Marvel having Hulk and Banner beef in IW was stupid just for the reason they gave. If they had said yeah he was punked by Thanos, we would have accepted it and waited for Round 2.

Back
Top Bottom