WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Perhaps. I just don't see why they can't recast the role. It's not as if they're being disrespectful to Chadwick. And they could continue on with whatever story arc they had planned for the character.
Doesn't really have anything to do with that.

They had something with Chadwick and now its gone.

Instead of finding a replacement that isn't going to measure up and imo would be facing an insurmountable situation they're moving on.

Given the source material and the endless amount of characters they have there's nothing wrong with that.

black panther 2 is a movie exploring wakanda? not feeling it. if thats the route they go make it a disney plus show. save black panther 2 for the actual continuation of the character.
Let Coogler do his thing man

Last edited:
black panther 2 is a movie exploring wakanda? not feeling it. if thats the route they go make it a disney plus show. save black panther 2 for the actual continuation of the character.

Imagine putting this highly anticipated sequel on an app. Your grandma went to the theatre dressed like this! And you don’t think they want pack all the theatres again!

1607687443154.jpeg

When Shuri takes the mantle of the Black Panther/Queen of Wakanda and parents worldwide flood social media with pictures of their daughter’s doing the Wakanda pose >>>>

Following up the 1st Female African American Vice President with Shuri as the Black Panther. Just start printing the money!

The shows I’m looking forward to in order

Wandavision - Looks like it’s going to be the most interesting visually

Loki - I have no idea what’s going on so that intrigues me

Falcon & Winter soldier - Looks the best out of them all from a cinematic / act

Imagine putting this highly anticipated sequel on an app. Your grandma went to the theatre dressed like this! And you don’t think they want pack all the theatres again!

1607687443154.jpeg

When Shuri takes the mantle of the Black Panther/Queen of Wakanda and parents worldwide flood social media with pictures of their daughter’s doing the Wakanda pose >>>>

Following up the 1st Female African American Vice President with Shuri as the Black Panther. Just start printing the money!
And when RiRi show up as the leader of Latveria :nthat:

Man. Don’t even know what I’m looking forward the most.
maybe Thor to have two of them and then Gorr as well.
F4 as well. I’m a huge fan of this property. Brought in so many damn characters. If the said John and Emily were already signed up I might have spazzed out :lol:

Y’all can save this post for later too...That way you can pull it up when the Killmonger returns to become the new King of Wakanda news drops...
A few people have said killmonger should take over, unless you were the first one in the thread to say it.

Lots of in between the lines that didn’t get mentioned.

-Not recasting Chadwick as T’Challa but continuing with BP 2? Are we getting a CG and lost footage situation a la Carrie Fisher?? Tons more questionsthan answers

-Universal playing nice with Marvel? Curious if television is the loop hole or if Universal is involved some how.

-Black Widow staying in theaters was a bold and strong move. Having that much confidence in Scarlett to headline the first blockbuster post covid says a lot. It’s coming out AFTER F&WS now too, interesting....

-Thor I hope is good. Really wanted Bale to be Agger or in a perfect world Norman Osborn but Gorr will have great CG for an Oscar award winning actor

-F4 has Watts at the helm because it’s gonna share a visual aesthetic with Spider-Man. Dr. Strange 2 will probably fall in that realm too. I do agree with what vegetaray123 vegetaray123 mentioned with Raimi getting back into some sort of production of the Spider-Man films going forward. It makes sense as they’ll mature him and want to keep the campy tone but add darker elements, which Raimi excels at, but I think it’ll be more of a think tank addition along with Paschal, Avi Arad and John Watts who is gonna has some pull now. Don’t be surprised if Marc Webb comes into the fold of directing an MCU film soon.

Perhaps. I just don't see why they can't recast the role. It's not as if they're being disrespectful to Chadwick. And they could continue on with whatever story arc they had planned for the character.

You just don’t get it. Black Panther with a new T’Challa would never do the numbers the original did because of too much loyalty to the actor and his portrayal. If they go forward with Shuri, that at least keeps the Black Panther within the community of the original film, leading to Chadwick supports still open to seeing the film while bringing in a whole new audience wanting to see a black female superhero in a leading role.

Racial bias is well-rooted in America. A possible recast would continue to perpetuate the bias;“hey, let’s just replace a black guy with another black guy because they all look alike anyway” would face backlash and is probably another reason why Disney/Marvel made this call.

Chadwick literally played this role on his death bed, appearing in CW, BP, IW, and EG while giving it his all. No way Disney would continue to honor Chadwick the way they are to simply recast his iconic role.

You just don’t get it. Black Panther with a new T’Challa would never do the numbers the original did because of too much loyalty to the actor and his portrayal. If they go forward with Shuri, that at least keeps the Black Panther within the community of the original film, leading to Chadwick supports still open to seeing the film while bringing in a whole new audience wanting to see a black female superhero in a leading role.

Racial bias is well-rooted in America. A possible recast would continue to perpetuate the bias;“hey, let’s just replace a black guy with another black guy because they all look alike anyway” would face backlash and is probably another reason why Disney/Marvel made this call.

:lol:

man what

can’t believe people are actually in support killing off the most recognizable black superhero that we waited 30 years for :lol:

we finna have 3 Spider-Men in one film and we can’t get one new T’Challa :lol:

we never saw Jason Todd/**** Grayson take the mantle in Batman films lol I wonder why.

Also wonder where Bruce Wayne’s representation to this day would be if within the first 5-10 years of those 90’s Batman films he was killed off and replaced with Todd/Grayson/Damian lol

Last edited:
I think there’s going to be a tie-in between FAWS and the Hawkeye series. Flag Smasher’s mask bears a similar handprint that is Echo’s trademark:

1092A80D-C20A-4226-9357-08BEEBA82955.jpeg

DF8559F3-65EE-46AE-85E6-9DEB4D5CD67E.jpeg

Highly unlikely that that’s a coincidence and would create confusion to the average viewer if no connection actually existed.

I just love the way the MCU continues to intertwine their characters and storylines into one another, which gives it the same feel as the actual comics. Especially being able to take lesser known characters and giving them substance and some worth in the MCU is awesome to see.

:lol:

man what

can’t believe people are actually in support killing off the most recognizable black superhero that we waited 30 years for :lol:

we finna have 3 Spider-Men in one film and we can’t get one new T’Challa :lol:

we never saw Jason Todd/**** Grayson take the mantle in Batman films lol I wonder why

we literally have already seen multiple black panthers.. t’challa himself says it is something that is passed on

it’s a shame that Chadwick passed for many many reasons and far lower down the list is that I believe there were big plans for him and the character

marvel has Ryan coogler, who I trust.. I could see them bringing in ta-nehisi Coates who worked on the comic to help with the development

im not overly concerned about marvel and BP

im more concerned about them getting captain marvel figured out a la Thor.. if rogue is involved, that’s huge for both in my view

First of all, you don't know that. Loyalty has nothing to do with the success of BP. With all due respect, people didn't flock to the theaters back in 2018 solely because of Chadwick. I loved his portrayal of T'Challa, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking that people wouldn't see a movie because they recast the lead character due to unfortunate circumstances.

Bro, what are you basing this on? I don't think you can apply racial bias to this particular situation. I don't seem to recall any racial bias when Terrance Howard was replaced by Don Chedle for the role of James Rhodes/War Machine. I think most rational people would be ok with marvel recasting the role of T'Challa in the hopes on continuing the legacy that Chadwick started.

just didn’t think that movie was that good

but I think they’ll get it right.. they figured out captain America and thor after the initial attempts

I Get It. Not Sure How You Felt About Cap1 Or Thor1 But I Thought CM Was A Nice Blend Of Both Those Movies.

Bro, what are you basing this on? I don't think you can apply racial bias to this particular situation. I don't seem to recall any racial bias when Terrance Howard was replaced by Don Chedle for the role of James Rhodes/War Machine. I think most rational people would be ok with marvel recasting the role of T'Challa in the hopes on continuing the legacy that Chadwick started.

ironman 2 was literally the 3rd movie of the MCU and war machine is supporting character

and even with hulk, that was the 2nd movie and had headaches with the lead

there is no precedent for the death of a lead

I Get It. Not Sure How You Felt About Cap1 Or Thor1 But I Thought CM Was A Nice Blend Of Both Those Movies.

I have cap1 and thor1 ranked in my bottom 5 or so of MCU movies.. I would rank both ahead of captain marvel just because I think those movies had more that could be salvaged

would also rank IM2 better because I think that has move that could be salvaged too.. just listened to the ringer’s binge watch on it and that movie should have been after the 1st avengers movie and deal with all the ptsd then and could better explain why he couldn’t help cap in winter soldier

captain marvel just feels a hell of a lot like those movies and antman 2.. where they happened more so to get to avengers movie

thor ragnarok is the best example of the movie happening to get to infinite war

Back
Top Bottom