WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I feel like The Rocks team is on top of stuff like that.
Yeah, I think he is too. Especially if he has a deal to be paid a milli to promote his projects on his social media. He knows what he's doing.

i think they are just trying to get market the films biggest star and sadly, akwafina is the that films biggest star right now especially for the US audience

1627672999187.png

I'm in NY as well. Just checked and I paid $3 to go watch spidey far from home. Had an amc rewards member discount plus another bonus discount. Had to pay an extra $1.70 bs online convenience fee though.

Gotcha. Ran me 42 bucks to see BW w/ my girl last weekend :smh:

IATT IATT Disney probably didn't have intentions, when their agreement with Scarlett was signed years ago, to drop on D+ simultaneously with actual release because it wasn't logical at that point but the pandemic changed everything. I believe it's shady because it seems like they figured out the language in the contract (or lack thereof) left an opportunity for them to recoup some money at the expense of Scarlett by releasing it on D+ automatically. Again, this is under the assumption that she didn't get any of the D+ money.

I know that John Kransinski and Emily Blunt threatened to sue WB if Quiet Place 2 was placed on stream and not pushed for theatric release first, which lead to it being a theatric only for a while and did pretty well. My question then is, why wait until weeks after BW's release to do this? Put the heat on Disney months ago and they wouldn't have made BW Premier Content on D+ at launch...

Anyways I'm ready for Shang Chi!

thing is, that i aint really shady..

if it wasnt mentioned in scarjo's contract, that's a point her people should have raised prior to the films release when disney started doing that.. hard to get a contract reworked, but they did need her to go out and do promo for the film

but none of that is new and artist have actually benefitted from that sort of thing in the past.. when they signed away the rights to certain things, it was for specific things.. that's why there is the hold up with certain shows or movies moving to say streaming services because they now have to go back and review what exactly they paid the people for and are specifically licensed to do.. music is usually a HUGE hangup and sometimes you'll get to the point where shh is changed because it just isnt feasible

I may have my shows mixed up but didn’t dude say filming “Kim’s Convince” was the most racist experience in his life?

IATT IATT I respect it, but I think our definitions of "shady" may just be different. Semantics aside, whenever you mess with someone's money, that's shady to me; I know that loyalty is rare in the movie biz though.

tr1ll tr1ll You are correct, I believe other people from the cast said the same thing about Kim's Convenience toward the end. Writers/Producers didn't have any Asian folks after the creator bounced and they cancelled the show but made a spin-off for one of the show's few white characters.

IATT IATT I respect it, but I think our definitions of "shady" may just be different. Semantics aside, whenever you mess with someone's money, that's shady to me; I know that loyalty is rare in the movie biz though.

i dont know the particulars.. but if shhh was promised or said, that shh is definitely shady and would come up at the lawsuit

but if circumstances change that effect your situation, that's just a bad hand.. and then you gotta use your leverage to renegotiate things.. and she had that with the promotion for the film, she could easily have told them that unless they give me a cut of that she wouldnt do the promo

or if disney needed her to come in for another project, she then again would have leverage

but alot of shhh goes into a contract and people are getting paid specifically to imagine all kinds of possibilities regarding her deal.. hell her best course of action might be to sue her attorney

Too much pocket watching going on

Also covid is not an excuse to break a contract. Disney did not have to also release the movie on D+ and they did so knowing they didn't have to adhere to the contract as far as payment goes. Can't bring up covid in response to that.
S

Where you live? A movie ticket will run you 20 bones here in NY :lol:
Matinee my dude.

Also if you pay to see a movie always sneak in two a second and a third one to get your money's worth.

• Sad
Reactions: ARK
i dont know the particulars.. but if shhh was promised or said, that shh is definitely shady and would come up at the lawsuit

but if circumstances change that effect your situation, that's just a bad hand.. and then you gotta use your leverage to renegotiate things.. and she had that with the promotion for the film, she could easily have told them that unless they give me a cut of that she wouldnt do the promo

or if disney needed her to come in for another project, she then again would have leverage

but alot of shhh goes into a contract and people are getting paid specifically to imagine all kinds of possibilities regarding her deal.. hell her best course of action might be to sue her attorney
I read she actually tried to reach out to Disney to renegotiate once they saw where things were going but the mouse never hollered back.

I read she actually tried to reach out to Disney to renegotiate once they saw where things were going but the mouse never hollered back.

yea i saw that.. but that's why you dont show up for promo or just do the bare minimum your contract calls for so you dont get sued for breach.. but if she's with CCA, they should have other clients with disney shhh and hard to believe they wouldnt be in contact with them

I may have my shows mixed up but didn’t dude say filming “Kim’s Convince” was the most racist experience in his life?

the mom on the show spoke out fairly recently about how racist/sexist/crappy it was

last month

Too much pocket watching going on

Also covid is not an excuse to break a contract. Disney did not have to also release the movie on D+ and they did so knowing they didn't have to adhere to the contract as far as payment goes. Can't bring up covid in response to that.

As long as it don’t impact me, I hope she get everything she can out of Disney cause who the hell want to be on the company’s side

but as far as COVID, kinda lucky that even hit theaters.. not that I think the film would never release, but Disney could afford to do things others just can’t

but from an actor’s perspective, least Disney making you at least consider if you wanna pay one way or the other.. HBO max just giving it to you

I view it as a recalibration of the entertainment industry, there’s nothing about Cruella, BW, Jungle Cruise or even Luca that make me think they would have been box office smashes. Now we’re looking at a potentially more contagious Covid strain, Disney can look at their talent and tell them “You’re welcome you made anything.”

I view it as a recalibration of the entertainment industry, there’s nothing about Cruella, BW, Jungle Cruise or even Luca that make me think they would have been box office smashes. Now we’re looking at a potentially more contagious Covid strain, Disney can look at their talent and tell them “You’re welcome you made anything.”

I want to know if they went straight to nuclear with the lawsuit instead of trying to renegotiate or find some legal recourse for streaming rights/royalties. while public opinion and the rules are mostly on her side, she's not gonna come out on top in the long run vs. Disney

I don’t even know who that is. Honestly zero clue

I’m so indifferent about this movie and this guy hasn’t won me over yet with any sign of charisma.

They should’ve had the dude who played Snake Eyes because he was so wrong for that role but I could see him being more likable as Shang Chi.

Ehhh that's now how it works at all.

You drew up a contract, you're suppose to honor it. Especially if it doesn't include a clause for natural disasters/pandemics.

If Disney doesn't want to give up a cut of their D+ subscription money and added fees for exclusive movie premieres that's fine but just make all that clear in the contracts with the talent. Then you'd see an adjustment on who is willing to work on a project under those circumstances or how their upfront fee will change based on those facts.

Cant just keep blaming everything on covid like this is just about theaters being closed. Its not.

Only thing i know about Awkafina is that she made a song bout her coochie.

i just wonder if its as good as she say it is.

I want to hate on her so bad, but shes good in everything ive seen her act in.

That when I saw her casted in this movie, I wasnt even surprised. I feel she should of been given a known Marvel character to portray though.

I wouldnt be surprised if she ends up a Star Wars character too.

Back
Top Bottom