WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Yea I’m more hyped to see shang chi than I ever was for black widow

I’m not hyped enough to rush out to see it or pay for it on disney plus.. but if I hear good things I could be tempted to do either

Don’t matter when BW releases, it was trash. It actually most likely did better now because people were starved for an MCU mainline movie.

Side note, Suicide squad supposed to be good. Happy for that

Said Guardians of the Galaxy were obscure at first as well, but with COVID still impacting cinema, we’ll just have to see.
GOTG had recognizable names though. It doesn't get acknowledged but Bautista's Asian star power > simu.

People say they trust feige but a lot didn't like black widow.

probably because they felt it wasn’t necessary from a character that’s no longer present in the MCU. It served more as a send off/let’s do Scarlett a solid, possibly introduce the next BW than anything else.

People say they trust feige but a lot didn't like black widow.

I mean not that the man was perfect but his track record is pretty good

and it’s not like we need to look far to see how bad things could be

GOTG had recognizable names though. It doesn't get acknowledged but Bautista's Asian star power > simu.

yeah. GOTG had an incredible cast. I’m sure that Bautista being Filipino helped the film’s release in Asia more than hurt.

it was decent to me. not on par with the rest of the MCU, but had good moments that kept me engaged.

To each their own tho.

I definitely wouldn’t say it wasn’t on par with the rest of the MCU - there’s definitely MCU movies that are worse. Despite the pandemic, Black Widow has or is near passing TIH and CA:TFA worldwide.

If Black Widow came out after Endgame and COVID-19 was non-existent, it would’ve easily hit $600 million worldwide. Movies that follow the MCU assemble films always get a bump. Just like AMATW making $100+ million compared to the original Ant-Man. You’ll notice that after every completed phase movies get a bump in average gross even when excluding the Avengers film. SJ better get her chips with dip and a side of jalapeños.

probably because they felt it wasn’t necessary from a character that’s no longer present in the MCU. It served more as a send off/let’s do Scarlett a solid, possibly introduce the next BW than anything else.

Exactly how I looked at it. I enjoyed BW for what it was. It was clearly a filler movie to basically reward Scarlett for putting in a decade as an OG player in the MCU. I wasn't expecting nothing game changing going into it, so I left the theater satisfied.

falcon and the winter soldier was worse to me, but they both essentially did the same thing

I’d rank it below antman and the wasps but above captain marvel.. and that’s only cause I liked more of the characters in antman and the wasp and then couple in BW.. captain marvel, I have zero reason to watch again or look back at anything from that movie

IM3 is still worse, that movie legit infuriated me.. I didnt care enough about those other movies to feel that

Back
Top Bottom