WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

So Shang-Chi is only supposed to be 24 right? So he’s currently the youngest MCU hero other than Peter it appears.

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Directors At An "Impasse" With Marvel Over Next MCU Project After BLACK WIDOW Lawsuit

The Wall Street Journal has run an in-depth piece of Scarlett Johansson's legal battle with Disney about how Black Widow was released (and the financial impact that had on her). It makes for interesting reading, but there's a big reveal in there that could have major consequences for the MCU.

While Joe and Anthony Russo are taking some time off from this shared world, it seems obvious they would eventually return. Whether that's for Avengers 5, another Captain America movie, or even Secret Wars remains to be seen, but talks between the filmmakers and Marvel Studios are said to have stalled (confirming that they were indeed looking to take the helm of another MCU movie).

"Since the lawsuit, brothers Joe Russo and Anthony Russo, directors of Marvel’s 'Avengers: Endgame,' the highest-grossing movie of all time, hit an impasse in negotiations to direct another Marvel movie," the site confirms. "The Johansson dispute left them unsure how their next movie would be distributed and how they would be paid, according to people familiar with the matter."
1630713613525.gif

the Russos are easily replaceable :lol:

Why they worried about distribution rights for a movie not coming out for another 4-6 years? Just work it in the contract that you get paid an agreed upon amount if the film is released on Disney+ or not.

:lol: at everyone that thought we were getting the real Mandarin

i mean minus the green skin and stereotype mustache, that was him :lol:

edit: I did enjoy the scene where he called out the misdirection, I don't remember his lines but it was like "do I look like an orange" lol

Last edited:
Why they worried about distribution rights for a movie not coming out for another 4-6 years? Just work it in the contract that you get paid an agreed upon amount if the film is released on Disney+ or not.
The worry is that they can’t predict what distribution will look like in 4-6 years and they can’t trust Disney to renegotiate in good faith.

Non spoilery spoilers (YALL who seen it know)

Alolan Vulpix
Winged Kuriboh
Kamehameha waves
Air bending

In all seriousness, need to see Iron Fist with this fight choreography. Yes you can keep Finn Jones but give his his Luke Cage cameo personality. Also, Marvel needs to find a way to get Ming-Na Wen on the big screen if they really doing fights like that

Shang Chi: Solid movie.

Tony Leung is a god.
Akwifina is mildly amusing.

But

Simu Liu got Bree Larson syndrome;

He is not cool enough to pull this off.

Russos to WB/DC

:rofl:
This is probably going to actually happen.

DC finally might get a string of good movies cuz of Disney's greed.

Cuz apparently the talk is Disney lied to ScarJo. Cant negotiate in good faith if the company can go back on their word or find a loophole to screw you out of money.

Was much more entertained by Shang-Chi than I had anticipated going in. The color throughout the third act was breathtaking and very non-Russo.

Loved the midcredit scene.
31st century tech dropped by Kang in the ancient past? Eternal tech?

Reflecting on mid credit scene:

Why is Carol’s hair suddenly back to CM length, as opposed to her EG look which apparently just happened a short time ago? Why is Smart Hulk reverted back to Banner? His arm was still in the sling from EG. Ruffalo is looking old, fam,

These aren’t continuity errors because Feige doesn’t do that. These were deliberate choices to put Carol back in CM-uni and for Hulk to be Bruce.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Ten Rings are tied into the Eternals

Reflecting on mid credit scene:

Why is Carol’s hair suddenly back to CM length, as opposed to her EG look which apparently just happened a short time ago? Why is Smart Hulk reverted back to Banner? His arm was still in the sling from EG. Ruffalo is looking old, fam,

These aren’t continuity errors because Feige doesn’t do that. These were deliberate choices to put Carol back in CM-uni and for Hulk to be Bruce.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Ten Rings are tied into the Eternals
They only mentioned the blip, so for sure it takes place after. But how far after?

Back
Top Bottom