WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Hopefully we get some MI6 spy action in the sequel. It could have worked well in this one but I understand why they wanted to go straight Kung Fu.

Reflecting on mid credit scene:

Why is Carol’s hair suddenly back to CM length, as opposed to her EG look which apparently just happened a short time ago? Why is Smart Hulk reverted back to Banner? His arm was still in the sling from EG. Ruffalo is looking old, fam,

These aren’t continuity errors because Feige doesn’t do that. These were deliberate choices to put Carol back in CM-uni and for Hulk to be Bruce.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Ten Rings are tied into the Eternals
eternals was initially supposed to come out first.

eternals was initially supposed to come out first.
True, but release date doesn't matter because they can say it takes place at x amount of time since the snap. (IE Spider-Man: Far From Home takes place 8 months after the snap and everything else that released was before it.)

True, but release date doesn't matter because they can say it takes place at x amount of time since the snap. (IE Spider-Man: Far From Home takes place 8 months after the snap and everything else that released was before it.)
right but initially the plan to explain the origins of the rings could’ve been within the eternals . Now we bout to have theories upon theories that they came from Kang lol

like you can point the camera at Tony Leung sitting in a chair being sad about his wife
and it will be compelling.

you can't do that with Simu or Bree.

Regardless of who you think is cooler,
neither of them have movie star charisma.

Simu got delt a tough hand being opposite Tony Leung, who clearly has "it"

it made him look even worse by comparison.
I didn’t know who Simu was before the flick, nor anyone in the film other than seeing Awkwafina’s name here and there. However I enjoyed their performances and can’t see how this film won’t catapult them to stardom. Simu and Awkwafina def had on screen chemistry and shown they have a range to handle fun films.

Also I’m joking on Brie, I just can’t disconnect her from her previous roles.

Movie delivered for sure but almost TOO MUCH at the end. Marvel 3rd acts make or break the movie and they need to learn to tone things down or simplify things. Really didn’t need all that

comedy was almost too much as well

Non spoilery spoilers (YALL who seen it know)

Alolan Vulpix
Winged Kuriboh
Kamehameha waves
Air bending

In all seriousness, need to see Iron Fist with this fight choreography. Yes you can keep Finn Jones but give his his Luke Cage cameo personality. Also, Marvel needs to find a way to get Ming-Na Wen on the big screen if they really doing fights like that
Iron fist needs to be deleted from all existence

As much as I wanted to hate on Akwafina she's essential to making the movie work.

Simu lacks star charisma but he's solid when he's playing off someone.

You need that foil otherwise the whole thing is just inert.

Tony Leung absolutely stole every single scene he was in…Almost felt like it was HIS movie if I’m being honest…Not many actors currently working can convey their characters emotions without saying a single word, but Tony completely nailed it to perfection all through this movie…

Awkwafina did just fine in the character she was tasked with playing…Very much a Darcy DNA, speaking from the audience perspective type of thing…The Shaun / Shang bit and interaction with the stewardess is a perfect example…

Simu played the part extremely well and I definitely look forward to him opening up the character a bit in future outings…He more than held his own with Tony Leung in a couple spots and that’s really saying something…

The one obvious complaint is the third act devolving into the typical superhero movie CGI fest…Just feels like they pulled in for the safe ending when they really should’ve doubled down on family dynamic between the leads…With the amazing choreography the movie had (Arguably the best in the MCU so far) it seems like the audience was short changed in the ending they went with…

Solid 8 out of 10 and absolutely the best stand-alone movie since BP and like I posted up earlier, the best MCU content since Endgame…

The audience I had was into it 100%…The comedic stuff landed, and the fight scenes had everybody’s jaws straight dropped…The emotional points worked extremely well…Theater was probably 2/3 full too which was a surprise for sure…

Back
Top Bottom