WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Went in with low expectations, didn’t see any trailers and I have to say I loved the movie. Has a bit of everything going on, interested to see how it plays out in the MCU now

Leung had a certain gravitas in every scene he was in.

All in all i give it a 6/8 but i was definitely dozing off in some parts after they reached Ta Lo.

Really want to see Shang Chi in the theatre. I think the last movie I watched was tenet

Shang Chi’s bus scene was like Cap’s elevator fight scene on roids. Movie was really good, visuals were stunning and I’m glad to see it in IMAX. Eternals will be seen in IMAX as well, might even mess around and see DUNE now in IMAX haha.

This was the first time I’ve been back in theaters in almost 2 years, I’m personally convinced we won’t be transitioning to full stream any time soon because the communal experience is hard to replace. Also with the AV experience, along with viewing etiquette ridding distractions like texting or browsing on phone, theaters remain the way to watch huge productions.

Shang Chi’s bus scene was like Cap’s elevator fight scene on roids. Movie was really good, visuals were stunning and I’m glad to see it in IMAX. Eternals will be seen in IMAX as well, might even mess around and see DUNE now in IMAX haha.

This was the first time I’ve been back in theaters in almost 2 years, I’m personally convinced we won’t be transitioning to full stream any time soon because the communal experience is hard to replace. Also with the AV experience, along with viewing etiquette ridding distractions like texting or browsing on phone, theaters remain the way to watch huge productions.
After seeing the Eternals, 007, and Dune trailer in IMAX, I was sold. Going to watch them in IMAX.

Just came back from seeing Shang Chi
In a full theater
**** was 🔥🔥🔥
Most of the jokes didn’t land like stated above I enjoyed it
As much as I see on the internet of folks getting upset about other cultures being represented I’m glad that these companies are taking the route they are taking it’s no need for Marvel or any other company to not explore their huge catalog of characters
It was good going in not knowing **** about a comic book character

and the dude that played the dad is super handsome (no homo)

Spoilers

This was a good “origin” story for Marvel. Action scenes we’re shot well. Nice story throughout. The family elements allows the story to be emotional which adds complexity to the characters.

Tony Leung stole the show. It felt like he was the star of the movie. Marvel did right by him and he can be added to the list of good villains they’ve had. Was just a bad decision to kill him off.

Awkafina was needed for this film to bring more out of Simu Liu and she wasn’t totally useless so that’s a good thing. She wasn’t too annoying but still the Akwafina we all know.

Speaking of humor, the Trevor character wasn’t needed at all 🤦🏿‍♂️ . Trevor communicating with a “mythical beast” that guided them to a lost city was typical Marvel. Nothing bad enough to bring my rating done but wow.

The ending with the Dweller in the darkness stuff was a bit much and kind of takes you out of the movie. They should’ve spent more time developing that.

Overall, had a few issues but Shang Chi was mostly enjoyable and and a good origin story for Marvel. 4 / 5

Last edited:

‘Shang-Chi’: First Asian American Marvel Superhero Movie Resurrecting Box Office & Breaking Labor Day Records With $75M-$85M

Disney is proving they can open a Marvel movie anywhere on the calendar, even during a pandemic, as Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings posted the third-best opening day during the pandemic with $29.6M (just behind F9‘s $29.9M), with what will feasibly be the biggest Labor Day opening weekend of all-time with $75M-$85M+ over four-days.

On a three-day measure, Shang-Chi is estimated to bring in $67.8M, which is the third-best debut during Covid times after Black Widow‘s $80.3M and F9‘s $70M.

Happy 70th Birthday to Michael Keaton.

spider-man-homecoming-michael-keaton-vulture-1557213661.jpg

Back
Top Bottom