WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

It’s not easy being a super hero. Even portraying a fictional one.

Is there one actor who truly enjoys putting on the spandex?

Brie been getting crap since she took the role, I’m not mad at her wanting to bounce. Her character just arrived at a weird time and the pressure on CM’s success was due to Fiege and Co hyping the character up so much.

Most of CBM is toxic af, straight disgraceful.

I’m sure they were hyping Thor Love and Thunder. Gorr is going to duck things up. Christian Bale is going to bring acting pedigree to the MCU. MCU can do no wrong. Coke Baby Chuck. Van Latham of the receding hair line. Long Winded Joanna and Mal.

Hopefully the reports of comedy aren’t true and Taika Waititi.

Brie was a poor choice for the role

but they also didn’t do her any favors with that one movie

they needed to show a whole lot more before she showed up like she did in endgame.. but marvel is doing alot of cheating like that now, where some of this stuff doesn’t really feel earned

but all they cared about was, like with antman, getting from point A to point B

and I’ve said to many times, they had a chance to show ronan doing work AND then he gets worked by captain marvel which causes him to then run to thanos

Or was the issue a majority male audience (not to say there aren’t female fans) not appreciating a movie with a female lead character? After almost 10 years of male-dominated MCU, Disney was facing the greatest villain of all: our society.

Black Widow

Ms Marvel

Obi Wan

She Hulk

It’s wild when the company has to come out with messages decrying the duckery.

Captain Marvel is a very powerful character who’s poorly written because of said power set

As a character, she was best in the Ultimates because you had characters who were equally strong if not stronger than her (Blue Marvel, Photon, America Chavez). In the current MCU, she’s overpowered to where you have to nerf her or barely use her (Hulk, Thor for example) and you get half assed story telling

There are plenty of characters she’d struggle against.

Magus. Thanos. Kang. Dormamu. Silver Surfer or Galactus Herald. Plenty of cosmic characters to pit her against.

I DO agree…they kind of positioned her as the Marvel Superman (in the MCU).

Carol Danvers in the comic…I don’t think so because you have to insert conflict in a comic story. If she was so OP, they’d have said Rogue….handle the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Destroy Apocalypse, incinerate Mr Sinister, wipe out Nimrod, etc.

But…her first movie was just to add another character to the Avengers roster and a threat to Thanos. I honestly think it was a mid movie (Mahvel can do no wrong) and the anti female pajama club. It’s not like Thor 1 and 2 made him a compelling character. It’s all about entertainment, witty dialogue or great action.

MCU Ronan is weak sauce. Especially when younger.

She'd beat his *** just as easily.

Brie has and had to deal with a whole different set of circumstances her and other actors of color only get to deal with. That's why its not a superhero thing. Its the bigots who pretend they're fans and have no lives that do the antagonizing.

Wouldn't have mattered if Captain Marvel was better than Infinity War and Endgame. It'd be the same **** online.

Last edited:
Ronan the Accuser. Terrax the Merciless. Hyperion. Knull. Molecule Man. Galactus. Beyonder. Annhilus. Magus. Korvac. Loki. Odin. Zeus. Dr. Doom. Immortus. Thanos. Gorr. Hiro Kala. Skarr. Worldbreaker Hulk. Blastarr. Morg. Tyrant. Hela. Dormamu. High Evolutionary. Korvac. Gladiator. Kang. Did I say Mikaboshi. Mephisto. Black Heart. Ego.

And Master Zik…exactly. The issue is misogyny, racism, homophobia.

There are plenty of villains. Or they can just make one up. Her issue is she’s never been a major solo character. So she doesn’t have a huge rogues gallery. It’s an issue in the pages of comics. Diversity. Also, the creators they get to pen these diverse characters.

Bro I love Quasar. I had, at one time, the complete run of the Wendell Vaughn run by Mark Gruenwald. Maelstrom was a great arc.

I didn’t care for the other iterations.

Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts can give us Moonstone/Songbird. We have plenty of characters but gotta tell a story

Too bad we don’t have a “real” Norman Osbourne. Or Venom.

Wolverine’s son. Etc.

That Warren Ellis Thunderbolts run was great.

We’re probably not going to get “darker” in that Thunderbolts movie.

Wish those folks would spend the time to do the internal work instead of trying to drag everyone else into their despair over pointless racist concerns.

Back
Top Bottom