WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Shang-Chi is an entertaining watch. You and your son will enjoy it.

Would watch Shang-Chi first before The Eternals. Eternals is a slow burn.
agreed with the above post. I enjoyed Shang Chi more than Eternals, but unlike most I actually enjoyed Eternals. In terms of the grand story of things, we’re not all the way sure how either of these stories will turn out. Without giving out too much, I’d say the Eternals storyline looks way more massive with huge implications but it hasn’t crossed over into any other stories like we thought it should…
About an hour into Shang Chi.

This. Is. AWESOME. 😳🔥

-foe

I think the movie was a great experience and I can't imagine how hard it must have been to do it without Chadwick and without tchalla. Coogler is a phenomenal director and it showed. Angela Bassett did amazing. Not enough Lupita though but she was great. Shuri did well having to carry much of the emotional weight of the movie. The Okoye and queen scene when she was stripped was emotional and raw. Namor was excellent and everything about his story was done so well. Even the cameo in the ancestral plains was done well. A lot of great stuff. They improved the CGI in spots especially underwater. I still have the CGI suits nonsense. It always looks bad. The two water suits and Riris suit were bad.

Cut the CIA stuff and maybe the Riri stuff and I would have been ok. Riri broke up some of the heaviness and I see the appeal but it sometimes felt out of place. She was great though, but the movie was long long.

I'm not sold as Shuri as BP, but it obviously makes sense.

One critique I heard on a pod was the score was lackluster, especially compared to how great the first one was. I'd agree completely.

Overall it was great, didn't hit the highs of the first one but I can't fault them for that. All things considered, I think this movie was as good as it could have been. Also shout-out to Mbaku, great as always.

One critique I heard on a pod was the score was lackluster, especially compared to how great the first one was.
Agreed! On this topic, though, I will say this: I thoroughly appreciated how many times there was no music, allowing the raw emotionality of the scene to consume the viewer.
Shuri saying that Tchalla suffered in silence hit me hard
Listen... 😕

-foe

Yeeeeeah, my son & I thoroughly, THOROUGHLY enjoyed Shang Chi. I'm mad at myself I waited so long. We both agreed that if you're listing MCU movies on just the fight scenes, you start with this one and then go down from there. The fight scenes were GREAT! The mom & aunt 'airbending' and then later Shang Chi doing the same, the way they showed the 10 rings being used, THE DRAGON FIGHT SCENE, the BUS fight scene at the beginning... all stunning.

-foe

20221119_130737.jpg

161t2o.gif

One critique I heard on a pod was the score was lackluster, especially compared to how great the first one was. I'd agree completely.
Yeah no disrespect to LG who is obviously talented but after rewatching BP1, that score was definitely more memorable. Like i was playing it on Spotify for the next week
Shuri saying that Tchalla suffered in silence hit me hard
Definitely intentional. Altogether I'm glad they never even considered going to Paul Walker route

Score and soundtrack was good, but yeah doesn't stick with you like the first. Still want to see a behind the scenes of Ludwig putting it together.

Track absolutely slaps. Feels like you could run through a wall

Love how it encapsulates Shuri’s inner conflict upon suiting up, finally embracing the traditions and faith of her family but still being fueled by revenge and her self belief in technology. It all comes through

Just watched Wakanda Forever.

Namor was a dope *** “villain” they couldn’t do nothing with him.

Definitely up there for me if I had to rank antagonists.

Real Talk. Namor had that drip and swag.

But the levels of badassery demonstrated by Killmonger or Thanos?

Kang and eventually Doom should bring that vibe back.

She look older then Shuri in the face she's just short probably under 5 foot. I laughed everytime they called her a kid but I **** when she had on those red tights and halter top. She's holding something nice back there.
Just watched the movie and have been going backwards in the thread.

This gave me a good chuckle cause I thought the exact same thing. Whole movie wasn’t even thinking bout her like that, then she came through with them pants..

Wakanda Forever was a drag.
Namor carried the film, not exceptional but overall a 7/10.
When it was good, it was really good and when it was bad, it was bad.
I would be interested in seeing the original concept had we not lost Brother Chadwick.

The post credit scene pretty much saved the film

Shuri just doesn’t stand as a long term protector of Wakanda, get T’Challa back ASAP!

This phase the best movie was Shang-Chi by far

Back
Top Bottom