WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

As someone that’s been really cold on the MCU in phase 4 (and now 5) GOTG 3 was really good.

Not only it tugged a lot of my heart strings, it’s the first Marvel movie i’ve seen that doesn’t pull any punches in awhile. It’s mean, violent, and downright hilarious at times.

High Evolutionary was great, just an irredeemable and despicable POS but man we been needing someone like him in the MCU for a long time. I thought he was more menacing and effective than Kang in Ant man 3. Still gathering my thoughts but that was a great flick.

yeah the high evolutionary was done real well, someone people can just hate and despise

Movie was fantastic. Gunn, despite his faults, will be missed.

****** died, which was a shame...

Gotg3 was fine, but man the best adaptation is still the eidos video game. Not only were they faithful to the lore, it had all the emotional moments, character development and a cohesive great story. It’s a shame it’s stuck in a video game format that likely won’t be experienced by tons of people. But that’s the s best adaptation imo

I'm not watching until next week. I have watched some of the cast interviews and fools are posting spoilers in the comments. Then some Spanish channels posting recorded scenes from the movie are in my youtube recommended section. SMH.

Unfair to judge it agaisnt IW and Endgame, those two should stand on their own, by doing so, this to me is the best MCU movie…took a while to dethrone Winter Soldier, but this one was just perfect, only oneeeee tiny nitpick

(Quill really didn’t wear the helmet!?)

Bravo man, I cried like a little kid in some of the scenes, High Evolutionary was actually a great villain too.

10/10

maybe because I’m a new dad, but that line from Nebs to Drax “I see who you are, you are a dad” joint BROKE me

final fight scene was like
1683320371786.gif

Marvel dun goofed. This weirdo James Gunn KNOWS how to put together a movie. DC gave him the reins and they ain't looking back.

Instantly top 3 MCU for me. The best GOTG movie edging out Vol.1.

I was hooked right from the opening credits (even better than the first 2 GOTG credits) and every story beat, every emotional scene, every funny line hit it's mark with me.

I honestly couldn't stand Rocket after Vol 2. And yeah he was still a jerk in IW and EG but now? Man, :frown:

"Open the ******* door" :rofl:

"There is no God so I stepped in." High evolutionary was just flat out EVIL. No more sympathetic villains.

There were some nitpicks sure but they're just that. Like i know the importance of Adam Warlock, but the infinity war is over. I can enjoy this new iteration for what it is. He was shown to be a threat right away and I hope he sticks around.

And none of the Guardians died! I had an impending Drax or Rocket death hanging over my head the whole time and thought for sure Quill was gonna be the one. Let them have their happy ending.

I gotta give the 8/8

Without context Rocket

cfa4b179-a42b-4ed8-a400-6db39de3bdef_text.gif

Great Marvel film, GOTG showing why that silly lane is theirs and other Marvel films should do their thing and stop trying to copy. Rocket's story is heartbreaking as stated, but there's a moment towards the end for Quill that got me too. Fun, emotional, coherent. 6.7/8 for now.

Oh yeah first Marvel F bomb too.

Ol girl still looks good as hell in that gold to me.

He’s not woke enoug
Marvel dun goofed. This weirdo James Gunn KNOWS how to put together a movie. DC gave him the reins and they ain't looking back.

Instantly top 3 MCU for me. The best GOTG movie edging out Vol.1.

I was hooked right from the opening credits (even better than the first 2 GOTG credits) and every story beat, every emotional scene, every funny line hit it's mark with me.

I honestly couldn't stand Rocket after Vol 2. And yeah he was still a jerk in IW and EG but now? Man, :frown:

"Open the ****ing door" :rofl:

"There is no God so I stepped in." High evolutionary was just flat out EVIL. No more sympathetic villains.

There were some nitpicks sure but they're just that. Like i know the importance of Adam Warlock, but the infinity war is over. I can enjoy this new iteration for what it is. He was shown to be a threat right away and I hope he sticks around.

And none of the Guardians died! I had an impending Drax or Rocket death hanging over my head the whole time and thought for sure Quill was gonna be the one. Let them have their happy ending.

I gotta give the 8/8
He’s not woke enough for marvel.

Is crazy how well balanced the movie was tbh, every single guardian and bench player got to shine…even Cosmo…when all said and done this is def going down as top 3 MCU films….only one I left the theater and would love to watch it again

the way I shed tears when High Evo killed Lyllla and Rocket lost it

Best MCU film to date, definitely in my Top 5. Probably Marvels most darkest entry too.

High Evolutionary was a great villain, all of his evil acts made it so you can hate him and being satisfied when he get his *** beat at the end

Definitely emotional too, which is why I loved this movie so much.

When Groot said “I love guys.” :frown: LAWWWD!!

Also, what’s crazy is I was not hyped or excited to see this movie at all and in the end I walked sayin “this movie was amazing!”

Definitely got emotional a bunch of times brethren but relieved that
no one died like the rumors stated lol. I was trying to make myself ready for someone to be photon cannon'd but thankfully that didn't happen

definitely enjoyed the movie, great finale curious how the team moves forward.

tons of emotional high points, bruh Lyla Floor and Teefs :frown: :frown: I was almost happy for Rocket that he would be reunited with them in whatever afterlife but more relieved that they were able to bring him back.

the baby raccoons :blush: whoever CGI'd them needs a raise lol. I was panicking like "WHERES THE DAMN 'OPEN ALL THE CELLS' LEVER" but thankfully they all made it out.

never heard of these random kids before I'm assuming they just end up living on Knowhere.

Warlock was a bust for me too, throw him back in the cocoon he needs more cook time. He has a bigger role/destiny in cosmic Marvel.

I get that Peter is heartsick but pushing that onto this Gamora got old and pathetic. Maybe that was the point but watching it was cringeworthy.

Seeing Gamora reunited with her Ravager fam was great, this version has a soul after all :lol:.

had to have been more profanity in this film than all the other MCU films combined lol

second post-credit was pretty anti-climactic, was waiting to see a surprise of some kind. matter of fact neither of them had anything noteworthy just random scene. when the woman opened the door at Quill's house I was expecting her to be a funeral director and there was a wake for him at the time :lol: or at least like a in-home nurse because he's got Alzheimer's or something.

High Evolutionary was a good villain, I'm glad he explained he wasn't out to generic conquer the universe hah. Mans was ruthless had no qualms annihilating his own people and was able to so without crazy cosmic Titan powers. Counter-Earth showed that the eugenics bs don't work.

Florence and the Machine :pimp:
Redbone :pimp: :pimp:

So safe to assume the team itself is done, and only Pratt is coming back? Maybe the others for cameos?

Bebop and Tokka :nerd:

folks in my theater were clapping when Groot said "I LOVE YOU GUYS" :lol: :lol:

edit: I know it takes a lot of runtime and is usually unnecessary but the Rocket origin story intertwined with the plot really made you understand and empathize with him and why he is the way he is. Wish more characters would get some of that.

overall great movie and a nice bookend to the GotG trilogy. I left the theater feeling satisfied. 7/8

Last edited:
Like someone else said, Marvel dun goooofed letting James walk, these movies have proven to be as successful as the ones writing/directing….visuals and cgi and budget not gonna carry the films at all anymore, that **** isn’t impressive and we are back to the basics of what made comics great in the first place, the storytelling, the character development, etc….James Gunn is a damn GREAT director/writer and understands comics…dude is gonna revitalize the DCEU….Marvel looking like the Dynasty lakers at the end of their run…lol

is crazy how you realize after years that some of these characters don’t ever go by the actual comic book name, like we know he is ROCKET RACOON, but this was the first time he actually said it and that **** sound fire when he did…the way they mollywhopped High Evos *** in the end was hilarious and I also didn’t notice in the flashbacks he had a normal face till I saw Rocket tear his **** up….always loved Rocket, specially after his roles in IW and EG but this movie places him 7th man of the year to the OG 6 IMO

Back
Top Bottom