WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

so next set of Avengers are

Dr Strange
Ant-Man
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Spider-Man

Im curious who will take on the leadership roles (ie like Iron-Man and Cap)

If they do something like have Bucky replace Steve Rogers

I can see the mcu doing something like having Cap and Black Panther becoming co-leaders. They'll probably be more at each other's throats than Steve and Tony. I'm expecting WS and Black Panther to really not like each other in the CW movie.

It'll be either that or Strange and Black Panther

Just my guesses

Last edited:
I see your point, but at the same time I wouldn't want to see an Avengers movie with a bunch of 2nd-tier/B players leading the team or in lead roles.

Although that could be the fanboy in me, if they can build it up like you suggest with the solo movies and have a character step up then I'll give it a shot.

Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Dr Strange arent B-type heroes. One top of that, did any of us expect Captain America to be such a huge movie pull when CA: The First Avemgers was announced? of course not

All Im saying is that I want Marvel to build these guys up properly so they are the forefront heroes during the next Avengers phase, I can do without a Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man saving the day for the next 10 years

If we're throwing Cap and IM in the mix, then yes they're B-types. Especially in terms of the Avengers. Totally forgot about Thor too thanks for bringing him up, he can be tier 1.5 :lol: . Spider-Man would be their equal or higher in the overall Marvel universe/MCU but not for the Avengers.

I get what you're saying, but I can't see an Avengers movie without Cap/IM leading the charge. Although, I could work with the overseer/coordinator role for Cap, and then at the end he suits up to join the team for final boss fights :nerd:

Last edited:

Dr Strange
Ant-Man
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Spider-Man

Ant-MAn & Wasp are one movie.

to be fair Ant-man (well at least Hanky pym) has been one of the most important Avengers. was a bit surprised they went with the scott lang version though. I can only assume it's to eventually bring in Stature.
Cuz Pym is ******* boring and a wife beater.

Making him older and a distinguished mentor is better since in the comics the character could never carry a solo title. Lang's thief turned hero with a kid has way more a hook. Not that many parent superheroes.

Dr Strange
Ant-Man
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Spider-Man

Rachel McAdams role in Dr. Strange

“Rachel McAdams plays a fellow surgeon that has a history with Strange and is his sort of lynchpin to his old life, once he steps into he role of a sorcerer,” says Kevin Feige, the producer of Doctor Strange and president of Marvel Studios. “She is someone he connects with at the beginning, and reconnects with, and helps anchor his humanity.”

“Rachel McAdams is sort of [Doctor Strange’s] contemporary in the modern-day New York world, before and after he goes on this crazy journey,” elaborates Doctor Strange executive producer Stephen Broussard. “So, she sees him before, she sees him after. She’s kind of this audience point of view.”

Might McAdams’ character also be a love interest for Strange? Let’s see what Cumberbatch has to say on the matter. “I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say what the interest is,” says the actor. “But if I hit on her more than the Ancient One, put it like that.”
Eh, hope they don't waste McAdams like how they wasted Portman.

Dr Strange
Ant-Man
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Spider-Man

What do you mean no one thought cap was going to be big???
He IS the avengers. Ofcourse we did
Back in 2008 before the movie came out Captain America wasn't famous in mass media like Batman, Spidey, X-Men. After First Avenger which I don't even think was a good movie it's not like he became a fan favorite. It's after Avengers and how good TWS that he's got this new view of him that he is the Avengers.

There's been plenty of Avenger teams without dude. The movies could survive without him easy. They just might need another voice of reason do gooder character to chirp up.

I see your point, but at the same time I wouldn't want to see an Avengers movie with a bunch of 2nd-tier/B players leading the team or in lead roles.

Although that could be the fanboy in me, if they can build it up like you suggest with the solo movies and have a character step up then I'll give it a shot.

Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Dr Strange arent B-type heroes. One top of that, did any of us expect Captain America to be such a huge movie pull when CA: The First Avemgers was announced? of course not

All Im saying is that I want Marvel to build these guys up properly so they are the forefront heroes during the next Avengers phase, I can do without a Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man saving the day for the next 10 years

If we're throwing Cap and IM in the mix, then yes they're B-types. Especially in terms of the Avengers. Totally forgot about Thor too thanks for bringing him up, he can be tier 1.5 :lol: . Spider-Man would be their equal or higher in the overall Marvel universe/MCU but not for the Avengers.

I get what you're saying, but I can't see an Avengers movie without Cap/IM leading the charge. Although, I could work with the overseer/coordinator role for Cap, and then at the end he suits up to join the team for final boss fights :nerd:
This whole tier talk is baseless.

Thor, IM, and Cap were all seen as lames compared to the other comics. Notice how Avengers comics really only started selling when Spidey and Wolverine joined the team and they got a Hulk that stayed on the team. What really got Cap and Im a focus is Civil War where they written way out of character :lol:

Last edited:
Benedict Cumbergawd on Doctor Strange scene

"[The] sequence culminates in what we, behind-the-scenes, refer to as the ‘Magical Mystery Tour,’ which literally takes him in a shocking and very fast way through the multiverse," he teases. "The images can be just as trippy — for lack of a better term — as those Ditko images were in the past. So, that, we hope, is going to set this movie apart from any of the other movies. And, from any other movie."

"There’s all sorts of craziness [in Doctor Strange]. Falling, flying, jumping, fighting, punching, getting punched. It’s really rough and tumbleThere’s going to be crazy s–t going on."

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/28/benedict-cumberbatch-doctor-strange

I guess I just see it from a comics perspective.

Cap always been involved with something. maybe from the MCU he wasn't super popular but I always personally thought cap was one of Marvel's Rocks. in terms of Spiderman being Marve's #1 Wolverine the possible #2 I figured THor/Ironman/Cap were next in line for fan favorites throughout the years

With in the MU's history, in the world, sure Cap is a big part but I'm talking real world perspective.

Cap has his fans. The Avengers have their fans but they weren't all that big in comparison to other popular heroes.

Throughout the years it's been Spidey, Wolverine, X-Men, Hulk, Thor, Daredevil, the rest.

1. Spidey isn't really an Avenger to me. He stands out as a superhero because he's just this semi-regular dude who has to deal with all this other sci-fi horse-**** on the side.

2. Dr Strange better have some ******* balls to the wall Ditko inspired imagery

Last edited:
With in the MU's history, in the world, sure Cap is a big part but I'm talking real world perspective.

Cap has his fans. The Avengers have their fans but they weren't all that big in comparison to other popular heroes.

Throughout the years it's been Spidey, Wolverine, X-Men, Hulk, Thor, Daredevil, the rest.

I see what you're saying. I agree (except with daredevil)
how DD even got that first movie is still beyond me.

I see what you're saying. I agree (except with daredevil)
how DD even got that first movie is still beyond me.
Daredevil arguably has had the longs test stretch of the best writers on that solo comic.

Some of the best comic stories period. He does tend to get outshines but the Spideys, Batmans, Wolverines but after them he has it as far as street level heroes.

If they kill off mikkelsen's character after one movie then they are dumb as hell. It really is annoying. They don't kill off the villains in the cartoons so I dunno why it's done a lot in the movies.

If they kill off mikkelsen's character after one movie then they are dumb as hell. It really is annoying. They don't kill off the villains in the cartoons so I dunno why it's done a lot in the movies.
That's cuz not all of them are gonna stay dead after Infinity War.

After that phase, Masters of Evil are right around the corner :pimp:

Red Skull (recast or Hugo fulfilling his contract), Malekith, Mandarin (the real one, sigh such a waste of Sir Ben), Madame Masque, Abomination, Ultron, some guy or gal to take on Falcon and Hawkeye

Just let cap die if Steve Rogers dies

No point in having a captain America 2.0

No one is taking orders from an ex communist assassin or Clarence from cranbrook

Just let cap die if Steve Rogers dies

No point in having a captain America 2.0

No one is taking orders from an ex communist assassin or Clarence from cranbrook

You're right, but that's exactly why I think Bucky becoming the Cap replacement would be a good story

Meaning well

But nobody trusts you

The whole world is against you. Even people on your team. Everywhere you go, BP looks like he wants to kill you in your sleep.

Until you do that one thing that makes people trust you

Then people start calling you Cap instead of Commie

Good redemption arc/story

Last edited:
True, could make cap 4 a really interesting story

Giving the cap costume to falcon would be like letting nick young wear 24 after Kobe retires

Spoilers regarding Cap3.

According to these guys, the movie will open and close woth a funeral

Also, Cap will surrender and soon after he will "die".

Black panther yes. Dr. Strange im not sure of. I feel like theyd go falcon or bucky before that...

Yeah we talking in terms of the movie and Star Power, you don't have a guy like Cumberbatch and he's not feature in that role in future avengers movies.

Bucky/Falcon are supporting players in Cap movies, Doc Strange is its own franchise now

New promo stuff from CW...of course RFX is going to upload super duper high quality ones to cnacel these, but enjoy them until he does

also, where is Scarlett Witch? I feel like everything here is always incomplete since Spider Man isnt in anything or usually they have some other person missing (like Hawkeye in these, and Agent 13 in the movie trailer)

nevermind Hawkeye is there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom