WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

@Slighted Hmm, don't know that i'd say that was fair, because as sea manup and I discussed above I was not technically responsible for my actions. I did still committ said actions however and depending on the severity of them I don't know that it'd be fair for me to be allowed to walk away scott free.

@sea manup Actually there are ways to prove insanity, which are required for the defense itself. But yes, the argument is still looked down upon regardless.
No, you're just very, very confused, because i'm not using insanity to refer to be controlled at all
eyes.gif
So was Luke Cage insane in Jessica Jones?

Watch them try to "redeem" Bucky when he somehow saves Stark in IW.
IMO he does not need redeeming. He did nothing wrong. If IM can't grasp that , then eff him!
that's what's great about the writing in these movies

bucky did nothing wrong but I fully understand why tony lost it and wanted to kill him

and I would understand if he still hated bucky in future movies

you see both sides and are like "yeah, i get where he's coming from"

[@=/u/125686/Slighted]@Slighted[/@] Hmm, don't know that i'd say that was fair, because as sea manup and I discussed above I was not technically responsible for my actions. I did still committ said actions however and depending on the severity of them I don't know that it'd be fair for me to be allowed to walk away scott free.

[@=/u/85246/sea-manup]@sea manup[/@] Actually there are ways to prove insanity, which are required for the defense itself. But yes, the argument is still looked down upon regardless.

No, you're just very, very confused, because i'm not using insanity to refer to be controlled at all :rolleyes

So was Luke Cage insane in Jessica Jones?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, you're very confused and have no idea what I actually said. I'd suggest reading my posts again, because I have yet to call anyone insane at this point.

plus the movie ended with him being put in the most logical place for all parties involved so I really dont see the problem here 
it's just funny that cap literally never thought of any other potential options, until he pretty much didn't have any..

he has tony, banner, dr Helen cho, thor (and I'm sure if he asked nicely enough whatever resources thor has in asgard), vision.. hell fury and whatever info shield has/had

didn't speak with any of the above about a potential solution for his only friend

and he met BP maybe a handful of days, how does he even know BP and wakanda have the technology to even assist?

Last edited:

plus the movie ended with him being put in the most logical place for all parties involved so I really dont see the problem here 
it's just funny that cap literally never thought of any other potential options, until he pretty much didn't have any..

he has tony, banner, dr Helen cho, thor (and I'm sure if he asked nicely enough whatever resources thor has in asgard), vision.. hell fury and whatever info shield has/had

didn't speak with any of the above about a potential solution for his only friend

and he met BP maybe a handful of days, how does he even know BP and wakanda have the technology to even assist?
Cap: "T'Challa, can you help me and Bucky out?"

BP: "Gotchu, fam -- I'll hook you up with a new shield and Bucky will get a new arm and schlong"

Last edited:

that's what's great about the writing in these movies

bucky did nothing wrong but I fully understand why tony lost it and wanted to kill him

and I would understand if he still hated bucky in future movies

you see both sides and are like "yeah, i get where he's coming from"
We finally agree on something!!

But yea, The russo's and the writers did a great job of exploring everyone's motivations for choosing a particular side. 

I think in the future IM will continue to hold that against Cap. Because there is no way they can go back to being friends/partners after the events of CW. Not after they legit tried to kill each other. 

I think the Russo's did a better job with this film than the actual writers of the original comic book storyline did.

Cap: "T'Challa, can you help me and Bucky out?"

BP: "Gotchu, fam -- I'll hook you up with a new shield and Bucky will get a new arm and schlong"
that seems so simple.. I wonder why he couldn't have that simple conversation with his 'friends'

I think the Russo's did a better job with this film than the actual writers of the original comic book storyline did.
yea.. tony was doing and asking way too much in the original comic book storyline

that I cant get down with

I wouldn't go that far. The original CW storyline was too expansive to put on film. But following the events of the battles the avengers had made more sense for the movie. So this is essentially a scaled down version. But still a good version no less. 

I wouldn't go that far. The original CW storyline was too expansive to put on film. But following the events of the battles the avengers had made more sense for the movie. So this is essentially a scaled down version. But still a good version no less. 

I think the scaled down nature made for a far better written and more entertaining story overall. In all honesty i'd say this was better than the comic in nearly every way.

he put bucky on ice so that there was no risk of someone else getting to him

after being put on ice he would go to each of those people to find a cure for him

it could take a day or it could be years before he found the right person with the right knowledge to cure bucky so it made perfect sense to bit him in a safe place before he set off on a quest to find a cure. 

BP probably met up with tony and bucky as they were walking out of the facility and offered to help out. 

I really thought this movie was going to hit $200M domestically this weekend. More surprised it didn't even get close to that with $181M. Still a huge number though...
I'm shocked too. But the word of mouth is spreading fast. Wouldn't be surprised if it does $175M next weekend and barely loses any momentum. International did more this weekend than last weekend...

I think the scaled down nature made for a far better written and more entertaining story overall. In all honesty i'd say this was better than the comic in nearly every way.
the whole registration argument made more sense in the comics when there was a real issue with reckless super powered people running around trying to be heroes.

in the movies every super hero is a part of or being tracked by the avengers and the avengers have never shown any sign of being careless or not caring about saving lives.

in the movie other than being a way for tony to relieve his guilt, the accords make 0 sense for the avengers. 

181 is coo to me. Numbers show ppl liked the movie. Wasn't as front loaded as BvS (smaller Thurs opening numbers, smaller Friday numbers) but still ended up grossing more by the end of the weekend. Small drop off from fri to sat and then sat to sun. I'll allow it.

My guess is a 40 percent drop which will put it at 109 million domestic second weekend.

Last edited:
Civil War the comic had way more repercussions than the film. Do y'all  even comic book?? Uh, One more day?

Last edited:
There are rules in real life that make less sense than the accords. Governments just want everything under their control if they can help it.

The way I see it, as far as the movies, the government just didn't like the idea of something more powerful than them having free reign :lol:

Is it irrational, yes. Given that the Avengers saved the world many times over.

Do I understand their desire to control the Avengers, though. The answer is also yes.

Last edited:
cap should have stood up and smacked ross across the face for trying to guilt trip him with that footage from NY 

181 is coo to me. Numbers show ppl liked the movie. Wasn't as front loaded as BvS (smaller Thurs opening numbers, smaller Friday numbers) but still ended up grossing more by the end of the weekend. Small drop off from fri to sat and then sat to sun. I'll allow it.

My guess is a 40 percent drop which will put it at 109 million domestic second weekend.
Movie is at 675M right now. Will be at a billi by this time next week.

after being put on ice he would go to each of those people to find a cure for him

it could take a day or it could be years before he found the right person with the right knowledge to cure bucky so it made perfect sense to bit him in a safe place before he set off on a quest to find a cure. 

BP probably met up with tony and bucky as they were walking out of the facility and offered to help out. 
actually bucky choose to put himself on ice.. cap didn't even consider that, in fact he tried to persuade him otherwise (cant remember what exactly he said to him)

Last edited:

actually bucky choose to put himself on ice.. cap didn't even consider that, in fact he tried to persuade him otherwise (cant remember what exactly he said to him)
good on bucky

cap basically said "are you sure you want to do this" which is a normal thing people tell their friends when they are about to make a big decision 

There are rules in real life that make less sense than the accords. Governments just want everything under their control if they can help it.

The way I see it, as far as the movies, the government just didn't like the idea of something more powerful than them having free reign
laugh.gif

Is it irrational, yes. Given that the Avengers saved the world many times over.

Do I understand their desire to control the Avengers, though. The answer is also yes.
to a degree I see it like that.. but then you have the events at the beginning of the film and you understand the need for something to be in place.. for a ton of reasons

just like various branches of the US military and/or other government agencies (like the CIA) cant just up and decide to do whatever the hell they want wherever the hell they want

we and the world at large need rules (this goes for those at the very top too, probably especially for those at the very top).. or you end up with chaos.. imagine all the bad people in the world without the rules that are in place.. hell, imagine the people with agendas without the rules in place

getting in a car and associating yourself with people who are killers is a choice

bucky had no choice at all in the matter

Bucky made a choice to become a soldier. This isn't the everyday circumstances but it's like what Rhodey said, he flew 130+ missions and every single one was his choice. Whatever the outcome he said he made his choice. I would assume becoming a soldier they tell you that you might get tortured or be acceptable to brainwash. I'm sure they tell you that you would still be held accountable for things including brainwash.

Thank god you are not a judge or involved in the government. What kind of logic is that? Bucky couldn't control himself. He did not posses free will. 

You don't have to agree with the logic. I'm not even saying I do. But it is law. Just because someone doesn't know what will happen, doesn't mean they're exonerated of all wrong doing that has happened.

Just like on AOS. Mockingbird and her dude got captured and was going to be killed but Coulson did everything he could to save them. Was even about to become a fugitive of the law to break them out. They told him no and said they were ready to face the consequences for their actions. And these were noble actions. Good actions. They were facing death charges. So if they were doing their jobs, protecting the world and still facing charges, what do you expect Bucky should face? It's all a part of the job he signed up for.

Back
Top Bottom