WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

not letting the government kill bucky was not in the best interests of his friend? 

working with bucky to stop zemo's plan was not in the best interests of his friend?

not letting brainwashed bucky get away in a helicopter was not in the best interests of his friend?

everything he did resulted in the capture of the villain and getting bucky put in the best possible situation.

^ Which goes back to why I didn't like how they made him the punching bag:

1.) Loses Pepper
2.) Still mourning his parents' deaths
3.) Finds out his "teammate" killed his parents
4.) Finds out his friend hid this fact from him
5.) Feels responsible for Rhodey's paralysis
6.) Gets guilt tripped by a victim's mother
7.) Admits to being jealous at cap this entire time because his daddy talked about steve rogers more than his own son
:lol:
8.) Has to deal with an old friend (hawkeye) tell him off
:rofl: What? Of all ppl I find it hard calling Clint Tony's old friend. You'd be better off bringing up BW warning him.
9.) For the first time ever he has to answer to a superisuperior
Let me put you on hold.
You can't hold Bucky responsible for his actions if he wasn't in control. He had no free will. TWS solider is basically a gun. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. THe person controling him is responsible. 
Then dismantle the gun too.

Last edited:
[thread="583561"] [/thread]
are people pretending to be stupid in here?

dudes really saying bucky should go to jail :rofl:

did they not watch the movie where the government caught him and a bad guy broke him out and set him loose in like a hour after he got caught?

being put on ice is the best option for all parties and people still complaining
powers.

What does this have to do with Bucky going to prison for the crimes he committed while brainwashed.

As far as I'm concerned he still committed the crimes. You put him away for everybody's safety or kill him.
how is going to prison a better option than being put on ice in wakanda?
What makes you think I'm concerned with the better option for Bucky?

I didn't say being in stasis was a bad thing. Even Bucky knows he should be cuz he's a threat. I was talking about should he be punished. Obviously the options are imprisonment or death.

they caught him and put him in the most secure prison they had
They didn't put him in the Raft.

Zemo got an obstacle if they did.

Last edited:
Clint is someone he respects as former teammate. He was visibly taken aback when hawkeye chewed him out, despite his shell of sarcasm he does care about these people and what they think of him.

Basically, he reacted to disagreeing with his superior like a kid would. "We need supervision" *goes on to ignore supervision himself*

They locked "the gun" up where no one could access it until they found a way to ensure it's safe.

People are actually taking issue with him being frozen in Wakanda?

What would you rather have happen...put him in a prison where he could be broken out ....or worse, have him killed? :lol:

Wakanda is surely the most secure place on that fictional Earth.. If not then it would've been pilfered of its Vibranium resources.

Last edited:

[thread="583561"]Marvel C U Thread Civil War Now Out Spoiler Beware/27300_100#post_25765569​[/thread]

dudes really saying bucky should go to jail 
roll.gif

did they not watch the movie where the government caught him and a bad guy broke him out and set him loose in like a hour after he got caught?

being put on ice is the best option for all parties and people still complaining
powers.

What does this have to do with Bucky going to prison for the crimes he committed while brainwashed.

As far as I'm concerned he still committed the crimes. You put him away for everybody's safety or kill him.

I didn't say being in stasis was a bad thing. Even Bucky knows he should be cuz he's a threat. I was talking about should be be unished. Obviously the options are imprisonment or death.
and it took cap like a day to break into the raft and free his friends. 

all of these government facilities are super easy to break into. 

People are actually taking issue with him being frozen in Wakanda?

What would you rather have happen...put him in a prison where he could be broken out ....or worse, have him killed?
laugh.gif

Wakanda is surely the most secure place on that fictional Earth.. If not then it would've been pilfered of its Vibranium resources.
basically anyone who is helplessly brainwashed needs to take full responsibility for their actions

because even though they had no choice in the matter and didn't do anything wrong, tough luck i guess

[thread="583561"]​[/thread]

dudes really saying bucky should go to jail :rofl:

powers.

I didn't say being in stasis was a bad thing. Even Bucky knows he should be cuz he's a threat. I was talking about should be be unished. Obviously the options are imprisonment or death.
and it took cap like a day to break into the raft and free his friends. 

all of these government facilities are super easy to break into. 
So Zemo is no different than Cap now?

Keep in mind they convienently didn't show how he did it or if he got help from BP. Its one of those things where the story tellers have to skip it cuz that's another 20 min show in him locate the place, find a weak spot, beat up all the guards, have an escape vehicle, etc.

You didn't see it go down don't see how you can say breaking in to an underwater prison is easy. Did he have Namor help him off screen? :lol:

cap freed good people with good intentions to make the world a safer place

zemo brainwashed a good man to do things against his will

I'm just going by what was presented on screen. All we know is that it was just cap that got them out and he didn't even have any of his gear with him. Plus it wouldn't make sense for BP to help him, as a king of a respected nation he cant be seen breaking into a high security facility run by the governments of the world, that would just be stupid of him to do.

and this is fully consistent with the habitual cluelessness of the government. 

at the end of the day it was easy enough to accomplish in at most a week, with little to no help. 

maybe that's why they keep killing off the marvel villains, because the heroes know that the MCU prisons are useless 
laugh.gif

not letting the government kill bucky was not in the best interests of his friend? 

working with bucky to stop zemo's plan was not in the best interests of his friend?

not letting brainwashed bucky get away in a helicopter was not in the best interests of his friend?

everything he did resulted in the capture of the villain and getting bucky put in the best possible situation.
his stupidity was not asking those significantly smarter than him for help in dealing with a situation he was clearly inadequately prepared to deal with

something he eventually had to do during the credits of CW

his stupidity was not asking those significantly smarter than him for help in dealing with a situation he was clearly inadequately prepared to deal with

so you're blaming cap for not asking others for help in his own solo movie? 
laugh.gif

people are busy doing their own things 

laugh.gif

was cap not talking to falcon about bucky in AOU?

cap had to have some inclination somewhere along the line that the solution to what was wrong with bucky wasn't going to come from him.. so it's either pride or stupidity

1.) Loses Pepper

Ironman 4: Demon In A Bottle :nerd:

There is no damn way RDJ will approve of that given his history.

I think it would be cathartic for him and as a lifelong Iron Man fan that's his definitive story arc imo.

The money involved with these movies would never allow this to happen though.

It's why I don't love that in MCU he is the face of the Avengers and essentially the main character. He can never be involved with a dark story line like that because the studio won't approve an IM film with that as the main story line.

It's why I want these movies to be profitable but I can care less if make 2 billion dollars.

There are certain storylines that will never be touched on because the money involved that are pivotal to comic book cannon.

Last edited:

laugh.gif

was cap not talking to falcon about bucky in AOU?

cap had to have some inclination somewhere along the line that the solution to what was wrong with bucky wasn't going to come from him.. so it's either pride or stupidity
everyone knew about bucky's situation

if someone like tony had a solution he would have come to steve with it. but he didn't.

I'm starting to think you love Bucky and Cap as much as Cap loves Bucky..

1.) Loses Pepper

Ironman 4: Demon In A Bottle
nerd.gif

There is no damn way RDJ will approve of that given his history.
I think it would be cathartic for him and as a lifelong Iron Man fan that's his definitive story arc imo.

The money involved with these movies would never allow this to happen though.

It's why I don't love that in MCU he is the face of the Avengers and essentially the main character. He can never be involved with a dark story line like that because the studio won't approve an IM film with that as the main story line.

It's why I want these movies to be profitable but I can care less if make 2 billion dollars.

There are certain storylines that will never be touched on because the money involved that are pivotal to comic book cannon.
I think it's just more that there is nowhere for them to fit that type of storyline into their current movie lineup rather than them not wanting a dark story for the character.

the main cause of tony's recent stress is the threat of aliens so in theory after they beat thanos it should take a load off his shoulders. 

In terms of leading the avengers, after this movie it's pretty clear that cap is the face of the team moving forward. 

So, I went and saw it twice this weekend. Worth every penny.

The film was everything I could have hoped for, and more. The Russo brothers did an amazing job showing two sides and letting everyone straddle them evenly.

Not for one second have I ever cared about Team Cap or Team IM, and I didn’t care in the movie either. Both are right. Both are wrong. There’s a middle ground, that needs to be fleshed out, and would be, if they sat down long enough to figure it out.

Tony is right, they do need to be reigned in. Cap is also right, having an oversight committee, led by people, people with agendas, is equally stupid and shortsighted. “The safest hands are our own”

Ross and multiple governments wanted Bucky dead, on sight. A victim, victim of brainwash technology enacted by Hydra. Winter Soldier wasn’t running around murking everyone for sport, dude just wanted to eat some plums. He kept his mouth shut, his head down, and just wanted to be left alone. He wasn’t a threat to anyone. Yet some simple makeup, and just like that the world was shoot on sight, without even an investigation. Just show up and kill him in his apartment. These are the people that want to be in charge of the Avengers?

Cap had every right to want to help Bucky, and prove his innocence. Even the King wanted to murder him, without actual facts or proof. Yes, Winter Soldier is dangerous, yes, he has killed many people, but NONE of them as his own self, but rather as the programmed monster Hydra created. Once he realized what happened, and was able to get his head cleared after the helicopter crash, he gave Cap the info, tried to help neutralize the 5 other soldiers, and when that was done, he willingly put himself on ice to keep the world safe from his own brain. All Cap has to do is show the world why Winter Soldier does these things, and find s away to deprogram him. But again, the world didn’t want that, they just wanted to execute on sight, for a crime he didn’t commit.

LOVED that. Loved the way the Russo’s gave us both sides. And the way they framed it, with Tony seeing how his parents died, and even tho he knows Bucky was programmed, he didn’t care, he still wanted blood. It was an awesome way to set their paths. In time, I suspect Tony will relax on Bucky and maybe even help clear his mind. (maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see)

Black Panther was tremendous. What an introduction. I am pumped for his solo film now, even more than I already was.

Spiderman was great, and I hope they just jump straight into the solo film from this one without any Uncle Ben or other nonsense. I hope this was out introduction to him, and the solo just moves forward without looking back.

I think Winter Soldier still might have been my favorite character of the film. Him and Cap breaking out of the apartment was :wow: Unreal scenes there. Dude is a savage with that arm. Even the humor was blended in well there.

RDJ was terrific, but man, for the first time, you can see the signs of age. He’s gettin up there. I worry a lil bit about 2018-2019-2020 Tony Stark. :frown:

Cap was really good, always is, he does a great job being the polite, do right, wholesome characters he’s supposed to be. Lookin out for Bucky, lookin out for Wanda, respecting the kid from Queens, all of it was really well done on his part. Planting the tree, making them move, all of that, really great.

Black Widow always makes me want to get my *** kicked by her. Good lord that looks bun. By all means, wrap your legs around my throat all you need to darlin.

Vision straight from Target. :rofl: :rofl: If they would put a sweater wrapped around his neck like those geeky white college tennis player types, I might have died. :lol:

An underrated scene for me. When Iron Patriot went dead stick, Iron Man immediately drops off to pursue AND so does Falcon. Even on opposing sides, Falcon didn’t want anything really bad to happen. He tried to get there, just the same as Tony did. I thought that was an excellent move by the Russo’s to show even in battle, they knew the real stakes still weren’t “to the death”. I almost would have left out the blast from Tony when he apologized, they should have kept that emotion in the moment. (tho there was a good sign by Falcon giving Tony the info in the prison shortly thereafter)

The movie wasn’t perfect. Certainly some plot holes and conveniences. Zemo’s ultimate plan had about 53 layers to it. All happened in perfect order for him. Ok. Wasting the 5 other soldiers was a bit of a letdown, that would have been a great scene to see them come out for blood vs any number of the Avengers. The fact that they recycled Loki’s plan in the original Avengers to tear them apart from within, but I can overlook that, because he was a crafty villain with real reason for doing so. How he happened to gain all the intel of this book of codes, and location of Hydra bases, and decrypting files from Black Widow, ok. I’ll let that slide. Zemo was an interesting villain and he did a really good job.

I was STUNNED there was no Sam L. Dude been in 198 movies in like 10 years, and didn’t get a 2 minute cameo here? I was absolutely stunned. Kept waiting for a door to open with him behind it, or a phone call, or something. Especially after how heavy he was in Cap 2.

Surprised they got rid of Crossbones so quickly. Really not even sure why they bothered to bring him back if that’s all we were gonna get out of him. Could had any nameless/faceless guy be a threat at the CDC type place and saved Crossbones for somethin else down the line.

I loved the humor, didn’t feel much of it was forced, certainly a joke or two were hit or miss, but for the overall movie, it was a real good balance and well timed. Lot of the one liners were simple and effective, some of the looks or moods, like Falcon and WS in the car, or after fighting Spidey, “You have the right to remain silent” was golden, and everything else was pretty on point. Not too many cringe worthy moments that I can recall. The pace was unreal, that 2.5 hours FLIES by, it was crazy when it ended, I felt like I’d barely gotten started. That’s a great sign to me.

Overall, I have it at a solid 7.75/8 Maybe after a couple move viewings, I might settle it in around 7.5 But I loved it.

I need a little time to sort thru it, but between the Dark Knight trilogy and the Cap trilogy, surprisingly, Cap may just be ahead. Iono. I need to give it time to breathe and revisit it in time. But I have them neck and neck for right now. I never expected this outta Cap’s films, but they have been stellar.

This certainly goes somewhere in my top 3-5 CBM films, just not sure where/how I want to slot it yet. But it’s way up there. With crazy rewatchability to boot. I’ma wear this Blu Ray out when it drops.

I'm starting to think you love Bucky and Cap as much as Cap loves Bucky..
please come up with actual counter points rather than meaningless responses because you cant come up with anything of value to say

thx

With DC coming out with Aquaman soon what are the chances Namor comes to the MCU? Or are his rights with Fox?

I hope not,we almost have most of the Illuminati in the MCU at this point. I'm gonna need an Illuminati movie in the future :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom