WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Sorry if this is a repost, but this concept art for Zemo is SICK.

25583e74_13178009_911484668962794_1844630747329183610_n-1.jpeg

The Force Awakens would've probably been lit for me if I was more of a Star Wars fan. As a casual it was entertaining and I enjoyed it but it didn't blow my mind

I would say I enjoyed it better than the prequels for sure though, easily.
This is how i feel also. I joined the star wars hype train late in life so i never got those feels alot of others.

Only problem with mcu now or atleast the 3 main avengers. My friends with kids say that the movies outside of the fighting arent really kid friendlym. Its a bit darker and more in depth. Their kids cant follow

It's amazing how easy The Force Awakens was to follow, given the little I knew.

If there's one thing about the mcu that's a problem is the newer movies are much harder to follow for casuals now.

You can't really just jump in and I wonder how much that scares some casuals away.

That's a very real limitation of building a universe unfortunately.

The thor movies could have been a lot better with a different person playing thor imo

watching hemsworth in various other movies he just doesn't have the charisma to be a very likeable and entertaining screen presence 

I just think they been lazy with the world building with Thor. Too bad a dude like Peter Jackson hates superhero movies. He'd make Thor lit.

The thor movies could have been a lot better with a different person playing thor imo

watching hemsworth in various other movies he just doesn't have the charisma to be a very likeable and entertaining screen presence 

Nah, Hemsworth is a fantastic Thor. He was one of the highlights of AoU and he was great with only 10 minutes of screen time in the first Star Trek. I blame his movies on poor writing, they need to just leave Earth alone in his movies.

RDJ and Evans can hold their own in dramatic scenes

Hemsworth has never impressed me as someone more than a big mountain of muscle 

I think he has the potential.

Rush was excellent and he was very good in it.

I don't think the Thor movies being underwhelming is his fault. He's been good in both Avengers.

he really doesnt do much in the avengers movies, basically stand around and make a joke once in a while and hit people with his hammer 

Cap trolling aside Chris Evans does nothing for me as an actor.

His weakness as an actor is really why they keep having to put Tony and crew in his movies.

Maybe its the way they wrote his character but I can't see him ever being the "star" of these movies. I actually think he's the one that is going to die in IW

Last edited:
I loved The Losers.

Take this rep for reminding me I own that movie.

He's still a supporting actor.

Last edited:
Please god let these rumors die about IM4

Let's just move on from homeboy completely (except for cameos and IW)

Can we really say the people want Tony? Avengers and AoU were going to do huge numbers anyways with the team assembled. IM3 came right after Avengers so it was at a perfect timing. And civil war, had a ton of characters as well and you had superheroes fighting each other.
It's going to be awesome seeing hulk and Thor together and see what numbers they can put up.

I mean GOTG put up 7 and they were mostly unknown to the general public.

No. WS made more than IM2. So only IM3 has made more.

Last edited:

the empire strikes back moment is probably the single best moment of perfect writing in the MCU 

You shouldn't be allowed to speak on MCU anymore.

You just a Star Wars fanboy. :smh:
star wars > the MCU
Nah.

MCU worst movie doesn't compare to the awfulness of the prequels.
thats true, the prequels are literally the worst

but nothing in the MCU is touching ESB
I honestly don't rate ESB that highly.

The action and acting of these MCU movies dwarf SW movies to me. The only thing I'd say SW have over them is a clearly superior villain and how the story simply just captured your imagination.
and no marvel movie has ever made me as happy as watching force awakens last year
This probably really comes down to the subjective what you prefer thing and what you grew up liking more perhaps.

While I enjoyed TFA, Marvel has already maxed out my happiness a while ago and TFA was good and a breath of fresh air getting back on track to good SW movies but it didn't go unnoticed what a retread it is. MCU over here managing to outdo themselves as they go on.
It's amazing how easy The Force Awakens was to follow, given the little I knew.

If there's one thing about the mcu that's a problem is the newer movies are much harder to follow for casuals now.

You can't really just jump in and I wonder how much that scares some casuals away.

That's a very real limitation of building a universe unfortunately.
Yeah, Lucasfilm had to wait 10 years (RotS came out in '05 right? :nerd:) after the last prequel movie to come out with TFA. Not to say TFA couldn't have come out 3 years later but then there'd be a whole different discussion than talking about it being easy to follow for casual fans.

I think he fits Thor real well.

Granted imo, Thor isn't charismatic in that way others are. He's suppose to be the arrogant Norse GOD. So any charisma comes from his looks and arrogance. He's another type of character where you can enjoy his stories while not liking the character all that much.

It's just the Thor movies kinda didn't go all out in fulfilling the potential. To me that's what could've had the franchise in the top 10 action fantasy movies right up there with LotR. A lot of stuff in Thor can also lend to the type of stuff ppl love about GoT.
Can we really say the people want Tony? Avengers and AoU were going to do huge numbers anyways with the team assembled. IM3 came right after Avengers so it was at a perfect timing. And civil war, had a ton of characters as well and you had superheroes fighting each other.
It's going to be awesome seeing hulk and Thor together and see what numbers they can put up.

I mean GOTG put up 7 and they were mostly unknown to the general public.

No. WS made more than IM2. So only IM3 has made more.
Yes.

Iron Man is the anchor of the entire MCU. Through no lacking of Marvel's greatness obviously other heroes have come in favor but there's a reason why it's IM3 coming off of Avengers doing that much money. Cuz in ppl's minds after watching Avengers an IM movie was most likely to be as great. If Thor or Cap came after Avengers it probably doesn't do a billi. Probably huge impressive #s but not a billi.

GotG is obviously a really good movie with a setting that already lends itself to some success being set in space, keeping in mind Marvel's MCU is seen as a winning brand at that point.

It's not like every movie since Avengers has out grossed the IM movies and now he's not really needed. When he's on screen as a main character ppl will show up.

For example, let Tony show up in Ant-Man & Wasp, it's going to do way better than the first version and Stark may only argue with Pym and insult Lang.

I mean they have to put Hulk in Thor at this point. That's been the franchise that's been living off female fans.
for all this talk about cap always has friends helping him..

who has tony beat without help?
He beat all those terrorists by himself. I wouldn't call the doctor who sacrificed himself and help make the suit helping him beat them. He just helped him make the suit.

Then he beat Stane in the same movie with the whole fly in to orbit thing.

Then he did beat Whiplash on his own at the end. It's not like it was a 2 on 1 with Rhodey.

IM3 they obviously were going against norms and tropes and made Pepper beat the bad guy which was nice but I don't think you can disagree that they clearly wrote it that way. The ending could've easily been in Tony hops in another suit or a combination of several remaining suits and kills AIM leader/"Mandarin".

Last edited:
That can be said for any of the core heroes though

if cap is in the antman and wasp trailer more people are going to go because of him too

a lot of casual fans are going to go to thor 3 if they show the hulk in the trailers

if they were to make a iron man 4, a lot more people would be excited about it if spiderman was going to show up

tony stark and steve rogers are being promoted as the faces of the MCU but at the end of the day people just love seeing crossovers and adding any iconic character to a lesser known character's movie is going to boost the numbers

Wouldn't wanna see Cap in Ant Mans film :lol:

Throw Falcon & Hawkeye in there. I wasn't feeling the chick playing Hope. Think it was the hair

You weren't feeling Evangeline Lilly maybe cuz of her hair?

While not some knockout 10, Kate from Lost can always get it

kate-austen-LOST.jpg

That can be said for any of the core heroes though

if cap is in the antman and wasp trailer more people are going to go because of him too

a lot of casual fans are going to go to thor 3 if they show the hulk in the trailers

if they were to make a iron man 4, a lot more people would be excited about it if spiderman was going to show up

tony stark and steve rogers are being promoted as the faces of the MCU but at the end of the day people just love seeing crossovers and adding any iconic character to a lesser known character's movie is going to boost the numbers
Doubt it and nowhere as many if it's Tony.

I actually don't agree most heroes on their own have that same affect. Maybe as a whole group like in the Cap movies cuz they basically become mini Avenger movies but not individually.

It's not the same thing with the likes of Ant-Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cap, even Thor.

Spidey, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man (he's specifically here cuz of RDJR), Batman, sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom