WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

You know i'm watching the Cinemasins for Spider-Man 2 (And if you've never watched any of the videos on their channel go do so right now) and they reminded me of something. Peter see's a man getting beaten by 2 guys in an alleyway, turns around, and walks away because he's doubting his decision to not be Spider-Man anymore. The thing about that is not being Spider-Man doesn't give you free reign to not be a decent human being. He could have easily gotten involved and helped that poor guy or even just called the police. Both are options available to normal people without super powers. The fact that he leaves that man there might make him one of the biggest scumbags in any comic book film ever :lol: Because that guy was definitely mugged and considering his attackers were brazen enough to assault him in broad daylight is more than likely dead in that alleyway. :rofl:

In NYC, it's a natural reaction to ignore the plight of others. I've regularly not involved myself with ppl being chased, beaten, or robbed.

Word to the final episodes of Seinfeld :lol:

So that's Pete regressing to his I don't want no problems mind my business ways. I agree it is hilarious that a hero would have that sort of lapse even when doubting being a superhero :lol:

Last edited:
What makes Cap such a great guy. Even if he was half the size he was, he'd still try to save that guy from getting mugged.

That Tobey version of Spidey was Terry cloth

To think I was thinking of watching Spider Man 2 again tonight. I'll pass. I like my heroes brave.

Can't believe I forgot that he let that guy get mugged

Last edited:
In NYC, it's a natural reaction to ignore the plight of others. I've regularly not involved myself with ppl being chased, beaten, or robbed.

So that's Pete regressing to his I don't want not problems mind my business ways. I agree it is hilarious that a hero would have that sort of lapse even when doubting being a superhero :lol:

Well damn. I've never been to NYC, but these Spider-Man films had me thinking that you guys just banded together to help each other out all the time. Like that scene on the bridge at the end of the first film or the train scene in the second film. :lol:

I mean looking back I don't even understand how they wanted people to still think Peter was a hero after that :lol: Because he could save the entire city however many times, but he still knowingly allowed an innocent man to get beaten to death in an alleway :rofl:

Can't believe I forgot that he let that guy get mugged

I'm actually surprised that i'd forgotten about it, because I was really, really pissed at that scene for the longest time. :smh:

Last edited:
the original Spider-Man 2 is one of the greatest comicbook flicks of all time. I had it ranked #2 (behind Dark Knight obvs) up until Winter Soldier came out. but now after seeing Civil War 4 times, I have it sitting at #4. still top 5 IMO. dont think it aged poorly at all.

I think if that movie came out today Sam Raimi would get roasted on Twitter for letting Spider Man let someone get mugged.

I was cool with it before but we've seen Thor and Cap act bravely without powers in their movies. Eff that b

I have this urge now to watch Thor 1 and watch Thor take on Shield without his powers :pimp:

Last edited:
SM2 is still great. That train scene was awesome. Doc Ock tentacles killing everyone in the surgery room was scary and cool.

Failing time after time even though he has all these great [powers and discouraging him was well done.

Finally saw the movie and Chadwick as BP stole the show along with Spiderman. I cant wait for BP.

Couldnt believe he pulled off the accent so good. We already knew his acting was A1.

I guess it's safe to say that Bucky replaced Hawkeye as NT's whipping boy

Hawkeye on that come up

Last edited:

So that's Pete regressing to his I don't want not problems mind my business ways. I agree it is hilarious that a hero would have that sort of lapse even when doubting being a superhero :lol:

Well damn. I've never been to NYC, but these Spider-Man films had me thinking that you guys just banded together to help each other out all the time. Like that scene on the bridge at the end of the first film or the train scene in the second film. :lol:
Don't get me wrong while that train scene was a bit over the top we'll help in a situation like that where a dude is a straight up menace and threat to everybody but we usually ain't helping each other unless it's something bigger.

Getting robbed in NYC use to be one of its staples to the point of a stereotype :lol:

I mean looking back I don't even understand how they wanted people to still think Peter was a hero after that :lol: Because he could save the entire city however many times, but he still knowingly allowed an innocent man to get beaten to death in an alleway :rofl:
I think if that movie came out today Sam Raimi would get roasted on Twitter for letting Spider Man let someone get mugged.

I was cool with it before but we've seen Thor and Cap act bravely without powers in their movies. Eff that b

:lol: :rofl: Listen it's all from source material. Peter is a teen to a young guy in his 20s going through these struggles. It's all about power and responsibility. Let us not forget he was pretty selfish when he got his taste of power and let that robber jack the wrestling manager cuz he wouldn't pay him. Gotta go through some growing pains.

If Ben didn't die it would've took a little longer before he became a good guy superhero under Uncle Ben's guidance. Peter is only a hero cuz his uncle died due to him not doing the right thing. It's that guilt that drives him. So he becomes Spider-Man but on the flip side if deaths are happening or ppl are constantly threatened cuz he's Spidey the responsible thing to do might be to stop. Before it was common criminals now it's globins on gliders dropping gfs off bridges and doctors with octopus limbs killing father figures. In the movie I think it was Doc Ock threatening to kill MJ.

Pete's in a catch-22 a lot. In the comics, every time he was on some Spidey no more steez somebody died or almost died. Hence his strict decision to not fight crime at all.

Last edited:
I think Pete knows deep down he's forever gonna be saving people and handing Ls to criminals.

It's the superhero curse. He can't really give it up out of a sense of responsibility and semi-guilt.

Last edited:
I guess it's safe to say that Bucky replaced Hawkeye as NT's whipping boy

Hawkeye on that come up
It's funny and it's fun to make fun of him but on his own Bucky is cool and puts in way more work than lame *** Hawkeye.

Its just making fun of Clint isn't fun.

Captain America is the best friend you could possibly have. I'd love Steve to be my best friend :rolleyes

Last edited:
Captain America is the best friend you could possibly have. I'd love Steve to be my best friend :rolleyes
For sus reasons though.

Scumbag Steve probably know who Bucky's parents are and won't tell him.

All dude can offer is more battles and war, a life of being on the run, being a fugitive from your country and most countries, pick up bad habits like mooching off of friends and if you disagree with him prepare to see the nazi in him come out.

Last edited:
Having someone who always looks out for you must be nice. Now he'll get the help he needs in Wakanda.

Having someone who always looks out for you must be nice. Now he'll get the help he needs in Wakanda.

He wouldn't need help if he had better friends.
Word, scumbag Steve let dude fall off a train :smh:

How's that worked out for Bucky?

He's alive, for starters. :lol:
He's alive cuz of Hydra not Steve.

Or are you saying Steve is secretly Hydra and set Bucky up? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom